[1.0.1.1]Infernal DW Gunsling Pyromancer

*When on procs from Abomination DPS goes to 60k

Build information : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4Ygx2g [Offensive Setup]
press “S” to open skill tab.
Overall performance is very good at BiS. You can melt anything down so damn fast. Anyway I’m not going to hype it. I hope you’ll try or adapt from me and see it yourself. Health gain method is relying on ADCtH and some instant heal.

Inspiration
I like being ranged for long time. So I think it’s time to show my pyromancer build. It is ordinary like other DW gunslinger. But I don’t see full guide for long time. Also there’re some threads about DW gunslinger recently. I think this may help them figure out how full build will be like.

The concept is to combine Infernal Knight set and DW pistols. The whole set and the pistols seems to match each other. The only problem is lack of some resistance. It’s shame for me to use so many MIs in the guide for the sake of BiS. I’ll make it the most flexible as I could.

It’s necessary to get all specs I need. Because Ranged isn’t get enough love from devs. I need to sacrifice some to grab more power. So I need to use really good affixes for good at all resistance.

About Gear
I’ll talk about only Greens. Because getting specific affixes is harder than purple.

Ring : Prefix Incorruptible, Cronley’s Signet is recommend. Any suffix (My BiS is voidfire)

Pants : Prefix should be Stonehide, Regenade or any major in Pierce resistance and Bleeding Resistance. Solael-Sect Legguards is recommend for needed resistance and ACDtH. Any suffix (I use the same for my DW gunslinger sorc setup)

Boots : Any affixes for the resistance you’re lacking for the rest, Considering to be the last gear you may find. Or you may use any legendary you like. Mine is anything I have left in this char after few crafted. You’ll see it’s not outstanding affix.

For resistance, Just only get the upper row max. lower row you can leave anything not below 60% except aether. Stun above 60% is fine.(It’s matter for some boss fight)

For Atk speed setup you may change too
Ring : Incorruptible Cronley’s Signet of Alacrity
Amulet : Empowered Essence of Beronath
Component on Amulet and Medal :Dread Skull

About skills
Flame Touched : A lot of flat OA and Fire buff
Blast Shield : Very good defensive proc. It’s like you get extra huge shield for 4 secs.
Firestrike : Our main attack. Max Firestrike and Brimstone due to the most powerful in the line. Only 1 in Static strike. And 12/12 for most efficient in Explosive Strike.
BWC : By a lot of bonus. It’s 12/12 easily. Very effective radius and transmute help in reduced enemy physical dmg. 12/12 Agonizing Flame for full 25 unstackable flat overall RR.
Thermite Mines : Stackable -40% fire,lightning and -33% chaos resistance. So sweet RR
Flashbang : Best CC against boss and mobs. I spend it only most efficient points.
Vindictive Flame : 11/16 for the most efficient in total speed.

Solael’s Witchfire : max all for the sake of auto-attack based build.
Possession : No doubt for this very good Exclusive Aura. Dmg absorption and buff
CoF : 4/10 for more radius. 10/10 Vulnerability for stackable -30% elemental and vitality resistance. This will amp. our dmg more and more.
Blood of Dreeg : Due to this is offensive build. I spend 8/16 for exact 20% health boost and 1 point of wonder in Aspect of the Guardian for extra small physical resistance.

About Devotion[ul]
[li]Chariot of the Dead for instant health and add high DA. And the nodes are helpful for OA too. Very versatile constellation.[/li]
[li]Solael’s Witchblade, Ulzuin’s Torch, Magi, Fiend and Abomination for Offensive purpose. [/li]
[li]Procs from Fiend is incredibly good. For AoE around self or single dps with %weapon dmg. You get some ADCtH too.[/li]
[li]Ghoulish Hunger for ADCtH because our build is rely on attack and weapon dmg so much. And the procs can turn the tide of battle very good.[/li]
[li]Other is to fix and boost things like resistance and OA, DA, HP, Energy etc.[/li]
[/ul]

Videos
Fabius Test #1 : 25s // best time of average 10 runs, average is about 25-35s
Fabius Test #2 : 30s
Mad Queen Test : 30s

Advice on Bossfight
I consider Fabius and Iron Maiden to be the hardest trial in main campaign for ranged and caster builds. But my pyromancer is with Kymon’s. So I can only test with Fabius.

• Fabius : Try to kite in circle shape for avoiding his shadowstrike when first approach. When he appear, dodge his bladespirit and setup fight with Thermites, BWC, Flashbang and CoF Then autoattack button. Be careful when he use blade barrier because you’ll get reflect so hard as you hit him. Keep the debuff on him then finish him off not too long. Other than this is his WPS like execution could drop your health bar low(attack with both hands at once).
  • Madqueen : We don’t have anything to sustain her vengeance aura. So the 2nd time when she swing her claw high means she’s triggering her aura. Run away. When out of aura just beware her normal attack which is really hurt, but nonlethal. Survive it by potions or ADCtH
  • Moosiluake : Due to the build don’t have freeze resistance. If you feel kite and destroy his ice totem is annoying. Use frosthoar ointment.
    Other boss shouldn’t be trouble for the build

Leveling Guide

1. Basic method. You can either play Crucible DLC to get some lv and devotion before playing normal or veteran.
  2. A single mastery is enough to clear veteran or normal. Play any skills you like. Demolitionist is newbie friendly and don’t need to know very much in deep mechanic. It is just throwing your skills then dodge any incoming dmg. Simple and easy. You can start with any of them.
    Occultist is non-geared dependent, but you need to know how to make a good start with it. Just go Dreeg’s Evil Eyes(DEE), Stacking more poison and doing hit 'n run. You should be fine. Try to use skills from component can make it easier
  3. Getting 2nd mastery in Elite or higher. Focus in single or two dmg type.
  4. Go to Ultimate. Not different much for caster or range. You just do the same. Run N’ Gun.

video added :slight_smile:

really nice build, im liking it, also relatively close to mine:

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j8GrZ9

a few things though:

im not a fan of the Fiend devotion for this build. flame torrent is more for melee builds, but i guess if you dont kite much, it works totally fine for you :).
your build is a lot more chaos focussed, so i see why you put more points in a few things like second rite. i still think you could cap blood of dreeg for its heal and OA, maybe even cap vindictive flame for more attack speed, but thats preference and i get your reasoning.
my build is experimental mostly (trying out the familiar atm), also tried out the hellhound, but damn, cant have a doggo without having pet gear sadly :c

anyway nice build, hope you are having fun with it ^^

I also want to offer my own build(based on fire only, similar to Fluff’s Worldeater): http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mlDmNj

nice dps with those high atk speed :wink:

I’m not sure about dmg curve in raising atk speed beyond 3.00 per sec or 150%+ . Wanna know efficient compared to OA and crit dmg. Anyway thanks for remind me about this set up.

I’ll add detail about crit+OA and atk speed ways for more option in the build :smiley:

I felt the same, but anyway there’s no other better way for fighting in long or medium range and Fiend is too good. I end up not to kite often and can facetank for a while.

I tried pet’s buff too. But it has low %dmg bonus for each lv. It’s ordinary 7-8% per lv which I had only +2 all occultist. So I don’t take it.

Anyway, thank you for your reply :smiley:

As I imagine this: you have 22% chance to crit and 15% extra crit damage, so it increases your damage on only 22%*15%=3.3%
Empowered Essence+Dread Skull give you not only attack speed but also flat fire. You lost 2% chance to crit and 15% crit damage, but still get like 5% damage output increase cause of higher dps.
Not sure I’m right, but this is my opinion before someone prove me otherwise.

Anyway you have nice build with tons of explosive procs :slight_smile:

Have you tried using fiend on mine and abomination on FS for 100% uptime?

I guess it does not make a huge difference if you facetank a lot.

Why not switch Fiend with Bat? Some ACTH , usefull sustain proc?

Tried in crucible?

Nice build =) Thanks for it!

I used Meteor Shower on Thermite before and I didn’t notice if it procs all the time and I really want Fiend procs rapidly as I attack. Abomination is lowest priority procs for me. Still think of new binding combination. Thanks for the idea

I already have enough ACDtH from Solael-Sect, Ghoul and Haunted Steel.
I like Fiend because it add more dmg, around self and look so cool.

Didn’t try yet. I aim for solo challenger to 150. I think gladiator and transmuter make it too hard+too risk for the build to solo 100-150.

Hey that’s cool. Here’s my take on it.

(Blood of Dreeg is active)

Grimtools link

Can i use 2H ranged weapon for this build ?

Yes, you may try it. I’m not sure by not taking Kraken as a devotion will affect the build more or less.

Because there’re some benefit to 2H ranged in constellation, some gears an some skills. Everytime I people design their 2H build would get those benefit first then figure out to get others. :wink:

Hi Ink, I’m playing a couple of different builds to get them into elite, I’ve got this one in the mid-thirties. It’s great fun on veteran so far, I’ve got two pistols and I’m already tearing through stuff by putting a few points here and there into the skills as per your GrimCalc.

I really appreciate the levelling guide, but for me getting there is half the fun. Do you have any suggestions for a levelling guide for this build for, say, 35-60 to capture the spirit of the build as you work your way towards the end result?

Any suggestions gratefully accepted, and thanks again.

I never play normal and welcome death. I started to play this game veteran and beyond that. So clearing veteran you might have been at around lv 50.

From my experience. If you go elite early at 35 and you can handle it is fine. No way to know it until you try. So 35-60 in elite is definitely possible because quests give a lot of xp. Just doing the quest and do whatever enjoy yourself. :wink:

Anyway the post patches adjust new scaling exp. So I think it won’t too hard to lv beyond 55 like old patches. And at lv 35 if you take only one mastery there’re plenty of points to allocate in your skills and play effectively even you don’t have good gears.

PS. This build is to present ideas and show capability. It may not newbie friendly or help low lv much. I ignored some good and precious constellation because I have some gears.
So the leveling section is something complicate. I think do all the way you want in the game and have fun with it is the best.

Can’t wait to try out this build :slight_smile:

hi - new player here … how does this class gain ability to dual wield ?
i cant equip a 2nd pistol

The medal everyone in this topic is using, Pyroclasm Mark, grants the ability to dual wield pistols. There are several other items in the game that allow this as well. Pyroclasm Mark is the best one though, in my opinion.

Is anyone running this in the XPac? I’ve been leveling with this, but not sure how good it is at 100. Wondering if I should go more of a caster route instead.