Pyromancer Summoner Build (Grimarillion v076)

Introduction

When I played Titan Quest, the Summoner was my favorite caster (in Underlord mod my Summoner made up to the Legendary difficulty). Once I found about the appearance of Divine sets in the Grimarillion, I decided to level up the Summoner once more.

Build
Michael1

Attribute points: 77 into Physique, 30 into Spirit.
Legendary items from the mod: 4 parts of the Divine Pyromancer’s Guard set (excluding the off-hand), Divine Staff of the Cosmos, Divine Eye of Horus, Divine Crest of MuRong, Divine Udjat of Horus, Divine Demeter’s Sacred Leaves.
Relic: Tongue of Flame (try to craft it with +3% to Defense Ability or with +3% to all Attributes).
Augments: 3 Bysmiel Veiltouch, 4 Solael Soulbinding, Potent Creed’s Cunning, 2 Arcanum Dust, Osyr’s Wisdom, Rune of Rahn’s Might.

Devotions

First tier: Sailor’s Guide, Viper, Ghoul, Quill.
Second tier: Solemn Watcher, Chariot of the Dead, Solael’s Witchblade, Hydra, Oklaine’s Lantern, Alladrah’s Phoenix.
Third tier: Ulzuin’s Torch.

Tactics

Pretty simple. Stand inside Briar Thicket, spam Conflagration Bomb, Plague, and Eruption, use Rupture to deal damage while spells are cooling down. In dire situations kite by using Masterful Rahn’s Might.

Upsides

• High armor and physical resistance, over capped resistances.

• Very high fire resistance reduction (-149 Fire resistance + 20% reduction from Viper)/

• Awesome sustain.

• Good OA and DA.

• Good CC resistances.

• The build does not need good green items at all.

Downsides

• Lack of Disruption resist.

In the Shattered Realm

Don’t be afraid about any Nemesises from the original game - the Pyromancer Summoner kills them with ease. You can even facetank Grava, or Reaper, or Iron Maiden if you fight them one at the time. Be careful with bosses from Diablo 3 as they are brutal. While the Butcher is pretty easy to kill and can be facetanked, others can beat you up pretty hard (especially Tyrael).

1 Like