QoL for Wind Devil by making it a Toggle skill?

James Lokarr is an ass, and we won’t be working with him again.

1 Like

That will be part of one of my next build !

Because we have Guardians of Empyrion. So I see no reason why they can be permanent, but not Wind Devils. Balance wise, numbers can always be tweaked.

Same argument can be made for all player scaled pets.

But, nice changes though :+1:

1 Like

Who will be doing loot giveaways from now and onwards then? :scream_cat:

1 Like

As someone who championed the whole permanent Wind Devil option pretty hard, I’m really pleased with those changes. The increased speed in particular is going to be great, and the buffs to Codex of Eternal Storms will make it more competitive with Rolderathis’ Tome for Trozan’s Druids.

3 Likes

Very cool changes. One question, i assume Spark of Ultos and Cyclone set wont result in a 6 winds spam, it’s still limited by 4 max summon?

I never really saw them as pets honestly, its just like a homing spell. The changes do look like they are gonna help them a lot tho, since so far i only ever used them as a debuff, as they seemed way to unreliable for dealing damage.

I do have a question on that end tho, can you stack them on an enemy? As in every single one of them should be dealing damage right?

Yes, every single one deals damage. Or else stacking more through summon limit mods would be kind of worthless.

Well for single target yes, but for coverage it would still work.

This attribute is not a summon limit increase, just how many can be summoned in one cast. So correct, that will not result in a summon limit of 6.

Wind Devils apply a debuff to the enemy and thus do not stack their damage. Maelstrom targets individual enemies around them however, so multiple Wind Devils can deal Maelstrom damage to a single target.

3 Likes

Have you tried editing the movement parameters in the dbr, it has movement as disabled?

1 Like

These changes benefit casters more than expected and are very welcome! Time to play more Shaman.

1 Like

Since the permanent Wind Devil mod is on the off-hand, does that mean the changes will still fall short for PS builds?
I know there is that 1h wep that allows you to use the skill without requiring a 2h, but I assume it is not as simple as simply changing to that weapon on PS builds.

Or do the rest of the buffs make up for it even without permanent WDs?

Won’t be totally carefree but if the speed and ai improvements pan out, you hopefully won’t feel like you have to spam at cooldown to keep them on target. Getting extra time to live as well, so I don’t see a major issue although tbf casting them never really bothered me

1 Like

Hm… just realized something.

Can we um… leave the max distance as is and not change it?

Because while non pet builds might like the change since they are fighting near enemies anyways (even casters), on pet builds, you want to be as far as possible from the fighting and so this will be a nerf.

Perhaps make the shorter leash a part of Maelstrom? Since Pet builds don’t take that and non pet builds will. That way, both are happy.

2 Likes

even if the leash is blade spirit or empy bros distance you should still have plenty of safety distance with pet command

(heck that’s much farther than i currently can get away with because of wendigo totem’s puny heal radius :weary: )

1 Like

I have never been a fan of it. One of the reasons why I hated my Ok/Necro Ghol builds.

using another button just when wind devils became perma (and even that requiring an item)?

wait, you never use pet command on any of your pet builds - am i doing pets wrong?? :no_mouth:

It um… wait, first things first… Here is a relevant post from Sigatrev: Pet Conjurer - Moggy the Puppy! - #77 by sigatrev

While that is old, my building methodology hasn’t changed much and if anything only got lazier. So… my builds essentially become worse when you try to micro manage your pets :rofl:

2 Likes

When I read this change I immediately thought of this too. Guardians have it set to 15.0.
I’m assuming this is TeleportToLeaderDistance (I just tested it and changing it from 15.0 to 1.0 literally stuck Guardians to my character). Wind Devils have it set to 20.0 now, before this update.

Here you can see me kiting with Dreeg’s Evil Eye and charging away from Sentinel. My Guardians lose aggro and teleport to me. Personally I’d like if they didn’t so that I don’t lose their damage, aura and devotion proc chances:

I guess it depends on a player / their preferences / whether kiting or not / playing Crucible or SR if aggressive teleports are beneficial.

2 Likes