QOL suggestions derived from problems I have encountered

Hello,

The following are 3 things I’d like to see implemented into the game to make certain aspects just make more sense, at least to me.

1. Giving cart drivers a route or at least telling them which stations to drive to.
    Context: I found an iron mountain about 200 units from my city walls. I created 2 cart driving buildings, a work shack, a couple mines, and a storage unit for ore.
    My thoughts were that the miners would store the ore, and the cart drivers would pick up ore and drive it into town.
    Instead, I had the cart drivers going in to town to pick up greens and deliver them to the preservist.
    I later just relocated the storage shop to the city as it was filled with ore and the miners were walking the ore into town.

2. Raiders should drop armor/weapons/gold when dead. Possibly weapons that you cannot even make or buy.
    Context: I understand that raiders provide extra challenge. However, as someone who feels like I have beaten the game (170K in old. ~650 townies, 4 fully decked out militaries on the hardest settings), I feel like the endgame of creating a massive city would almost be more enjoyable without the annoyance of 150 raiders breaking down walls and getting slaughtered every year. UNLESS of course, those raiders had things like machetes that they would drop. This of course is just a thought. I leave the artistic implementation up to the professionals.

3. Making foliage transparent when building something.
    Context: It’s just annoying to try and zoom in to the forest of trees when placing down walls and roads.

I have a bunch of ideas but I know the dev team is probably super busy with this release, so I’ve limited it to my top 3.

Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

I think this is just a symptom of not having access to the later tiers and additional endgame mechanics. Right now the end game is just upgrade everything and wait for raiders every few years, but hopefully there’s more wrinkles to it than that. I think raiders dropping loot would be cool but it would also just make it even easier to idle through their raids

I like the idea of the transparent foliage, or some other option, that allows to see where are we putting the roads even if the zoom in is pretty good

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.