Question about Blind fury

Ok here is my question.If i bind the Blind fury to Summon Guardian of Empirion which weapon damage will Blind fury use? The % weapon damage of the pet or % weapon damage from my character?

Yep. Thats what I´m asking myself over and over again. This kind of question is age-old and so far I have not read a solid answer to that. Pls community/devs: Let´s settle this right here!

Some minutes of search and this is what i found so far:
Btw i bound Blind Fury on Righteous Fervor on my Warlord and Assassin Mark to Guardians or even highest % WPS

Be aware that devotions assigned to pet that scale with player bonuses will have 0 weapon damage if this devotion has a weapon damage part (blind fury for example).

They do not trigger your on hit/on attack procs (only yourself/your powers proc these)
If you bind a devotion to a pseudo pet (or a classical pet), the devotion will use the pet stat to calculate damage.
Or, pseudo pets have 0 weapon damage (it has changed for normal pet recently if I recall correctly)
So the weapon damage part of the devotion will be 0 (flat damage will be ok cause your pseudo pet has roughly the same damage bonuses than your char, it scales with player stats after all)
Plus if the devotion has adcth attached to it, it will heal the pseudo pet (remember pseudo pet act like another player) same with a normal pet here.

I resume, think of it like this.
Even if they’re summoned by your character, pseudo pets are different beings. So every power emanating from them (unless specified precisely in description that it affect the player) will affect the pseudo pets exactly as if they were other players.
So devotions emanating from the pseudo pet will use the pseudo pet stat (0 weapon damage), and affect the pseudo pet if it has a part that affect the player (adcth)

That’s why it’s better to bind devotions like elemental storm (no weapon damage, no adcth) to a pseudo pet rather than devotions like twin fangs (weapon damage and adcth).

This is my Warlord…https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZym5zqZ and i want to use cadence for shifting sands and Guardians of empirion for blind fury…It would be perfect but i guess it wont happen from what i read…

Nice, didnt expect DW. Very nice.
Here is a perma Overguard RF one, and i even realized that i already dropped Blind Fury skill to see if i need it or not. I have bigger problems when it comes to damage than having Blind Fury or not you know? :shushing_face:
I even use the girdle to convert acid flat on rings to internal trauma

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2Gqej6Z

That info is from years ago, and nowadays player-scaled pets use your character damage, and any leech they do also transfers to you. So it can be a good idea to bind Twin Fangs to GoE and have them leech for you while you’re kiting or disabled.

1 Like

Can you confirm about the current situation? If i bind Blind fury to GoE it will use my weapon damage?

I’m pretty sure the player scaled pets, use your weapon damage when you bind a weapon damage devotion skill to them. You can test it by bindind it to charged AA without any wps, just put 1 level to RF; go dummy on normal since to proc Blind Fury you need to OA advantage. Hit, and wait charge to dissappear. Hit and wait till you proc blind fury. Since your 1 level 1 charged RF has very low weapon damage bonus and other bonusses; your Blind Fury proc damage and GoE’s proc damage should be very close.

But I’m just hearing about this. Are you sure about that? Because since pseudo-pets like GoE procs the binded devotion twice as often because they are two, wouldn’t it be just OP? I have warlord binded Azrakaa to GoE, there is no way you can proc more Sand beyond this setup. Now I’m imagining the twin fangs or Guardian’s Gaze or Wendigo Mark… I mean two blade spirit proccing Twin Fangs and Living Shadows along with some more adcth on a Belgo Blademaster…

Guardians or Blade Spirits don’t have native Weapon damage. So they should use your own WD. But I haven’t test it if its true. But from my experience, this is the case.

1 Like

No because they have low frequency of attacks. If you have 4 of them then their proccing abilities become okayish (still far worse than stuff like Wind Devils, Storm Totems, RE, even worse than fast autoattackers I think)

If you want to proc Eldritch Fire with 15% for example with just 2 Guardians than you have 1 - 0.85^2 ~ 27% chance every second [it’s actually a bi faster - 1/1.2s]. You will sometimes need to wait a couple seconds for it to procc. Whereas RE, Devils etc proc such things instantly.

2 Guardian will be worse then i.e. Curse of Frailty on groups too becasue they only hit 1 -2 enemies whereas Curse will roll on the whole group of enemies. But on a single target Guardian will be less terrible than spells like CoF / WoP

I think it’s often the case that the leech from Vitality and Piercing Damage overshadows 20% WD and it doesn’t really matter then if it works or not. I’ve always assumed it doesn’t work, especially that Twin Fangs shoot from the Guardians not from you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Come on Z where are you?Enlighten us pls :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m sure. I use the GoE -> Twin Fangs / Flame Torrent combo all the time and it gives you “passive” leech from your minions.

The WD% part works too, as you can have skills like Flame Torrent that has no innate leech and the minion will still heal you if you have sufficient life steal and attack damage.

3 Likes