Question about mageslayer's -55% reduced freeze duration to OFF

Assume I’m attacking an enemy with 100% freeze res.

I use mageslayer’s OFF @ 22/12 (i.e. 6s duration).

Target’s freeze res is now 45%, and the target will be frozen for 2.7s.

Let’s say I now hit the target with a hypothetical skill which applies 100s of freeze - let’s call this skill X - 2.6 seconds into OFF’s debuff duration.

This means that the target still technically has 45% freeze res.

So my question is this - what happens when mageslayer’s OFF’s debuff runs out?

Continuing on with this example, will the target be frozen for an additional 45 seconds (i.e. 45% of 100s), or will the target’s freeze res revert back to 100% the moment OFF ends, and render skill X useless?

You’re probably right :confused:

Because if it were the former…

I am confident it’s the second one. The first one? Be serious, Peralta! :smile:

Peralta, that’s ENOUGH

1 Like

The skill X freeze was applied during OFF debuff works. In this way The skill X freeze duration is 45 sec. regardless of the fact that the OFF action has ended.

2 Likes

Title of your sex tape.

Did Jake ever say that in response to that specific line? Cause Holt says that line too much and I’ve never seen all of them.

blahblahblah

Back on topic again folks.

Spanksalot, that’s ENOUGH

Jokes aside…

@ceno @jawa @RxJunkie

Build is still being polished…but we CAN CC shit

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

This thread has opened up so many build possibilities with mageslayer set.

I only just found out that this works for regular RR too.

So any burn damage you dish during OFF’s freeze duration will benefit from its -125% fire RR mod…and if the burn duration is long enough, it’ll continue even after the freeze duration has ended.

#motherofgod

Hypothetically speaking though, are there any skills like that?

'course not :stuck_out_tongue:

But you can cut down the effective CD of OFF to about 3-4 seconds.

And given that…

1. average nem can be frozen for ~1.1s with the right skill mods
  2. and that (if timed correctly) you can hit a frozen target with a 2nd skill which applies 2s freeze - which translates to another 0.3s freeze

You can freeze the target for 1.5s every 3-4 seconds.

EDIT: Watch the fight against kuba @ minute 1

1 Like

Enjoying my day while spanks be like

Edit: Man this image embedding is fucked.

2 Likes

i thought you’d be interested in this!

Well, you got me interested for sure. I never thought perma or near perma freeze was possible in this game but now…

Be careful in HC though. Spellbreakers are inherently squishy, and this spec’s defence comes mostly from freezing enemies.

Not all enemies can be frozen too. learnt that the hard way.

What I’ve noticed is that eldritch enemies (and mous) tend to have very high freeze res.

So I’ve dashed into a pack of ugdenbong golems in naked crucible thinking I was going to shake-'n-bake 'em, only for them to remain unfrozen, and very very angry.

Got killed in 1s.

Maximum CD with Mageslayer set is 34% (15% Star Pact + 19% Offhand) that gives 3.96 sec CD to OFF :mage:

Spectral Bludgeon add 1 sec freeze to OFF (that’s why i don’t cound additional 4% CD to previous point) that gives 3,15 sec freeze duration for 100% resistance target :damage_cold:
Second skill could be: Scorge, Outfox or Amatok not to mention any chances procs.

Looks like request to nerf :zantai:

Nah, i think it’s fine.

Because nems have ~140% freeze res. And the build is actually very squishy, and* very skill dependent because you need to time skills.

My second freeze skill is TSS actually. I use amatok rune mostly to gap close, or to run away.

EDIT: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2Mn6JWV

It’s also using 2 gdstash’d greens (not to mention alkamos rings) because I wanted to see how the freeze mechanic would function in the actual game