Question about mageslayer's -55% reduced freeze duration to OFF

I think any build revolving around OFF isn’t meta :stuck_out_tongue:

That itemization might have better potential to profit off inquis obscene Stormbox ticks, than FoI. (FoI demands a lot of skill investment)

Maybe Raka’jax 2H could also work for more dot.

It might not be such a loss of 50% conversion cold->fire in the case of OFF every 4s or so. (OFF’s RR won’t get applied to OFF dot, unless you can over-write it). SB is sure to tick during OFF’s effective window. Quite a loss in % burn, though.

I don’t have casting speed, also mageslayer set adds insane amounts of flat DoT to FoI.

I have a question. I don’t seem to understand how is freezing Nemeses even possible, even with OFF mods. Nemeses have at least 500% Freeze resist, right? What does reducing that by 45% achieve? I have a feeling some mechanism is at play here, which I’m missing.

Only mous has 500% freeze res iirc. Most nems have 140% freeze res.

There is however a mutator which adds 30% CC res to all enemies, which effectively kills this build.

EDIT: “Kill” is perhaps too harsh a term to use. But it weakens it very considerably.

@krell_154: Forgot to mention too that mageslayer gives OFF -55% freeze RR, not 45%

1 Like

Oh, I see. Thank you for the explanation.

Wait a second! So by the same logic, the frozen core amulet and chillsurge ring apply RR for the entire duration even if the bosses are immune to the freeze itself??

I mean, yes? But it’s the timeframe during which all these debuffs line up is so small that it might as well be non-existent.

2s freeze on a target with 84% freeze res is basically 0.3s.

And the proc on these things are usually “on being hit” which isn’t gonna happen if you’ve frozen enemies with mageslayer’s OFF :stuck_out_tongue:

So the RR part will only last for 0.3s not 2s in this case?

The RR will last for 0.3s

I think its easiest to understand wiht an example.

Target has 0% fire res

I use OFF and apply -100% RR for a 0.2s freeze duration.

I apply 300 burn damage over 3s on the target during this 0.2s window.

Because the target’s res is -100%, it will take 600 burn damage over 3s.

This amplified damage will persist even after the target becomes unfrozen

EDIT: it’s the same concept as extending the freeze duration on a target with lowered freeze RR, except we are talking about DoT’s here

1 Like

This is gold, mate! Definitely worse experimenting. Just need a good skill that applies a ton of dot like burn over 3-5 sec.

:stuck_out_tongue:

10char///

Reduced % Crowd Control Resistance from the Unstoppable Mutator for monsters by 5% on Gladiator difficulty

1.1.5.0 :thinking:

Just realized that you can use Mythical Band of the Eternal Pyre x2 and Pyran’s Vestments to convert almost all (up to 96%) cold damage to fire damage. I tried it on my Mageslayer-Spellbreaker, and so far it looks awesome!

1 Like

Yeah, that has always been a great combo. Just make sure to fix your stats like OA/DA.

Most items granting conversion tend to provide very crappy stats.

LMK how the crafting goes! Would be awesome if you could share a GT and some videos once it’s done

3 fire novas

OFF
CT
Judgement

TSS and OFF for freeze chain (as metioned by you) and then the three fire/burn novas potentially with a CD CT

something like this
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe6dDQN

not sure if this strikes your fancy, but it seems epic to me.

I probably wont make it, cause i don’t have the items, but if someone wants to try it and share thoughts/results (or link to an existing build), that would be epic.

It’s a cool concept for sure, but there just enough skill points to go around. You aren’t focusing on things like stats (e.g. IEE skill line, presence of virtue, maiven’s mirror, inner focus, etc.)

Yeah. I spose heavy investment in 3 attacks is way too much. Alright, have a good day.