Questioning the v1.2.1.0 change

This is truely an annoying point.

1 Like

“generally” if my char fails at 80, i usually wont even bother 75-76,
i think on avg, even if dying, should be able to death cycle 80 clear if build was capable of reliable 75-76
so if already failing at brute forcing through 80, probably means build wouldn’t handle 76 on avg anyway, so unlikely to bother uprun from 65 if that happens :sweat_smile:

Smearing my name in reviews is a protest now? Interesting…frankly I could probably get them all removed by Valve on account of personal slander, but I’ve got more productive things to do with my day.

I would argue that my reputation of respecting player opinions and feedback for 12 years would give me the benefit of the doubt, but those reviewers chose a very disappointing approach rather than coming here and posting their personal experiences, where it actually has an impact.

This all being about a playtest build, which is quite literally a work in progress, makes it all the more childish. A playtest is literally a chance for the players to post their experiences and influence the outcome. If we didn’t care about player input, we wouldn’t bother with doing multi-month public playtests in the first place.

Just doing your civic duty, just in case!

If you want us to value your advice, post constructively here. Frankly, I wouldn’t have even been aware of these reviews if someone hadn’t commented about them above. So if your goal is to influence my decisions with reviews, I have bad news.

I’d certainly hope those reviews will get updated when the update ships, but from my experience that almost never happens.

Sorry, I like to sleep sometimes. Also it’s the weekend now.

3 Likes

I hope anyone review bombing acknowledge it doesnt help GD in any way and edit their reviews, especially as this is a beta work in progress patch.
Actions have consequences and worst case scenario is Zantai feels this needs to become a closed door testing patch in future, which doesnt benefit any of us apart from reducing the public shit Zantai has to face.

3 Likes

The number of items was reduced, but the chance of rolling better affixes was increased.

That said, someone in another thread reported there may be issues with the modifiers, so I’ll be taking a look at those next week once I have confirmation from a programmer regarding how they all interact with each other.

V1.2.1 changes are not intended to increase the overall difficulty, unless you were used to chugging every consumable under the sun or stacking crazy amounts of Physical Resist I guess. If there are issues with the tuning, that is what we are working on right now. If there are outliers, we will adjust them. Just like every playtest we have ever done.

3 Likes

i feel like i’m being personally attacked here… :neutral_face:

3 Likes

So… remember the Iron Maiden discussion I had a while ago, way back earlier in the thread? Now that mods are fixed and the game doesn’t crash when I do anything with the inventory, I gave the same character that was having huge problems with Iron Maiden when I was playing it last week a go with the test patch. Yeah, it’s a character from a class mod, but 22 Phys Res is 22 Phys Res, and I wanted to see if I could handle Iron Maiden better.

Good News: Her Blitz doesn’t completely obliterate me anymore.
Bad News: She’s constantly harrassing my character when I’m trying to avoid her melee range, her Cadence and Forcewave attacks still apply huge DoTs, and the second you try to disengage her with a rune, she WILL use her Blitz attack, and it WILL hit me, typically killing me. Absolutely nothing I can do about it.

Fabius isn’t this ruthless. No other Nemesis or boss is this ruthless. It’s unique just to her.

One other aside: This character has other player-scaled pets, but maybe it can be replicated with just Guardians, but in trying to give myself space to fight a Nemesis in the top left of the short room, I managed to pull in Mad Queen. From here!

The short room continues to be torture.

I just farm SR for 1.5h and only dropped an useless double rarefix Rare😭More please😭

1 Like

if only there was someway to move yet stay close enough to not trigger her blitz :pensive:

bleeds, not trauma, phys res reduct has 0 impact there

seems busted/bugged? :thinking:

1 Like

Hmm personally I think the best way to avoid Blitz is to Dodge when it’s about to hit you(about 0.5s in advance). Run away too early wouldn’t get rid of her.

I mean that would certainly be an option. Playtests used to be invite only years ago and certainly can become that way again if the community can’t handle the responsibility.

But I’m not going to let a few immature reviewers ruin it for everybody just yet.

4 Likes

if TPOM is on controller it might be hard(er) to break it of, tho i agree outside staying in close range it’s the best way on m+kb

Emmm, speaking of Nemesis, Zantarin’s these two skills are really crazy… When you get close to it by Blitz ,Vire’s Might or other this kind of skill, you’re very likely to be hit by all its 18 or 16 projectiles. My 26000+ health Warlord was just killed 3 times by that in SR81. Many builds really die from this in SR75-76 or even lower Shards. As we know, Ravenous Earth won’t hit enemies in the center, in case of a scary damage. Won’t a similiar mechanism add for Zantarin and similar enemies?

5S$CLDM)X_QZ8F~7RAF4~%C
An old but popular GIF among us. Because it happens every day…

And that’s far more harder to avoid this than avoiding Blitz. Because Zantarin somtimes even try walking into you. You don’t know when it would happen.

2 Likes

this you are supposed to 100% avoid, and it’s easy to do, it’s his “gimmick” attack which is double telegraphed; only triggered by distance - if you eat that you messed up on 3 things, sry :sweat_smile:

this you physically can’t eat all 18, because it’s a nova, you can eat multiple, but not all since they go behind and to his sides, so you’ll eat a fraction at most (sry no clue what the telegraph is there)

1 Like

Maybe. But that can already kill a Warlord with 26000+ health and no debuff instantly. That’s enough.

because you’re not jsut getting hit by the nova? :sweat_smile:

I met it, Blitzed, and then died. The nova is the only skill it use(and have time to use).

Just like the old GIF.

Gosh. Why people even question the truth of this. It should have happened to everyone.

the nova is a secondary trigger: which happens when you get hit by the 16 volley shotgun
bait out the shotgun, then blitz in

1 Like