Questioning the v1.2.1.0 change

Continuing the discussion from Grim Dawn v1.2.1.0 Playtest Changelog:

Since v1.2 quite a lot of builds has been having a headache about the stupid new-added Sunder effect. At first we thought maybe U would give BOSSes at most about 30% Sunder, and we can manage to handle it. Yet 30% actually become the lowest Sunder effect, and the amount can be up to 72%. U think that's humorous, huh? And, in your v1.2.1.0, that largest amount can be 91%. Very humorous.😅DO YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT DOES 91% MORE DAMAGE TAKEN MEAN?
Maybe someone have told U that Soldier with Markovian's Bastion is pretty OP. U gave it a glance and surprisedly find: Oh! This build is such a tank! It must be the 20 or 30 Physical Risist that gives it the risistance to damage! 30 is too high! Cut down! Yeah the issue's perfectly solved!✌️
Well let's see. Such a BD[Markovian' Bastion Warlord](https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWdywLZ) has not only the 27 average Physical Risist, but also 25k+ Health, 4k+ Armor(counting Completion Bonus), near 1k Health Regeneration, 20% Damage Absorption provided by skill Menhir 's Bulwark, skill Ascension and skill Overguard to strengthen defense, skill War Cry to weaken enemy, and IMBA damage to kill enemy before they become a threat. That's actually why it's OP.
Then what about many other BDs without class Soldier and Oathkeeper? Poor health, poor armor, a little health regeneration, passable damage, and the same 20 or 30 physical risist. Now their easiest way to increase defense is strangely cutted. U mean U increased their armor? How much armor can they reach without Soldier and Oathkeeper? 2k? 2.5k?😅
And someone says “This change was made to narrow the gap between...” Narrow what? Do the low-phy-risist BDs gain more physical risistance? Do they have obviously higher damage? Do monsters' stupid Sunder be weakened? NONONO. Their low physical risistance is weakened as the high. Their damage is nowhere near Warlord. Their dear Sunder is even strengthened, though it's stupid enough. Even more, their health regeneration is lowered again, with life steal has been inexplicably weakened before. Not everybody farms the Crucible, which has those 4 IMBA buff. We who farm Shattered Realm must face the bosses rightly! Does Last Epoch become your example that players and monsters kill each other instantly? U R GRIM DAWN!
I've been loving GD since I started it in 2022. One reason is I found that the developers plays their own game, knowing what we players need. One other reason is that characters' survival is well guaranteed, dislike many other Diablolikes. Now I doubt that you developers' wisdom to make those QOL change is from community users. And the survival advantage is gradually disappearing. I hope you won't let your followers down.😔
By the way, you'd better increase Shattered Realm and Crucible's rewards. Now the rewards are like sending beggars away.😓

Somehow it displays strangely, I send again here.

Since v1.2 quite a lot of builds has been having a headache about the stupid new-added Sunder effect. At first we thought maybe U would give BOSSes at most about 30% Sunder, and we can manage to handle it. Yet 30% actually become the lowest Sunder effect, and the amount can be up to 72%. U think that’s humorous, huh? And, in your v1.2.1.0, that largest amount can be 91%. Very humorous.:sweat_smile:DO YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT DOES 91% MORE DAMAGE TAKEN MEAN?

Maybe someone have told U that Soldier with Markovian’s Bastion is pretty OP. U gave it a glance and surprisedly find: Oh! This build is such a tank! It must be the 20 or 30 Physical Risist that gives it the risistance to damage! 30 is too high! Cut down! Yeah the issue’s perfectly solved!:v:

Well let’s see. Such a BD Markovian’ Bastion Warlord has not only the 27 average Physical Risist, but also 25k+ Health, 4k+ Armor(counting Completion Bonus), near 1k Health Regeneration, 20% Damage Absorption provided by skill Menhir 's Bulwark, skill Ascension and skill Overguard to strengthen defense, skill War Cry to weaken enemy, and IMBA damage to kill enemy before they become a threat. That’s actually why it’s OP.

Then what about many other BDs without class Soldier and Oathkeeper? Poor health, poor armor, a little health regeneration, passable damage, and the same 20 or 30 physical risist. Now their easiest way to increase defense is strangely cutted. U mean U increased their armor? How much armor can they reach without Soldier and Oathkeeper? 2k? 2.5k?:sweat_smile:

And someone says “This change was made to narrow the gap between…” Narrow what? Do the low-phy-risist BDs gain more physical risistance? Do they have obviously higher damage? Do monsters’ stupid Sunder be weakened? NONONO. Their low physical risistance is weakened as the high. Their damage is nowhere near Warlord. Their dear Sunder is even strengthened, though it’s stupid enough. Even more, their health regeneration is lowered again, with life steal has been inexplicably weakened before. Not everybody farms the Crucible, which has those 4 IMBA buff. We who farm Shattered Realm must face the bosses rightly! Does Last Epoch become your example that players and monsters kill each other instantly? U R GRIM DAWN!

I’ve been loving GD since I started it in 2022. One reason is I found that the developers plays their own game, knowing what we players need. One other reason is that characters’ survival is well guaranteed, dislike many other Diablolikes. Now I doubt that you developers’ wisdom to make those QOL change is from community users. And the survival advantage is gradually disappearing. I hope you won’t let your followers down.:pensive:

By the way, you’d better increase Shattered Realm and Crucible’s rewards. Now the rewards are like sending beggars away.:sweat:

1 Like

Archmage Aleksander’s stupid 90% Sunder (right bottom):sweat_smile:
30% is enough

… srs, you use the most easy to avoid example?
move away from the giant falling sky rock… :neutral_face:

i’m more curious about ilgor/gargabol, enemies with fast sunder attacks harder to avoid

4 Likes

You are right, the rock is easy to avoid.
Yet the number 90% won’t be reasonable because of that.

1 Like

And the Iron Maiden(blitz) and Benn’Jahr(obsidian cluster). Their damage has been abnormal enough now.:face_vomiting:

Maiden’s is easy to avoid. Ben’jar… is going to be fun, especially pre-mined.

1 Like

also easy to avoid
that’s the point; the increase is to make you start respect them and begin to avoid them now
hence why i’m more curious about the “unfair” sunder attacks, the ones hard to avoid

3 Likes

When dealing with more than one BOSSes at the same time, many of the Sunder attack can be harder to avoid. Dealing with multiple BOSSes can be very important to some BDs which are not good at fighting with single enemy.
What’s important is the figure of their damage and sunder. Many people including me can avoid dangerous attacks. Yet that doesn’t we should receive 10000+ damage from a single blitz, or 90% Sunder from a rock, or 75% damage reduction, or even all of these at the same time. That’s insane and disgusting.
After we are playing GD, not Contra.

1 Like

Are people really calling Iron Maiden’s Blitz easy to avoid? The woman turns a freaking 135 degree angle after you use your disengagement rune and knocks your head clean off. Then she does Forcewave nearly right after the Blitz (and you’re stunned) to make sure you’re finished off. There are a ton of builds I’ve piloted (many of whom aren’t Fire-based which she would resist heavily) that just couldn’t handle her, between her giant Internal Trauma Dots and quick attacks.

Removing all the “general utility” defensive equipment from the game, like Final March and Runegaurd Greaves, not to mention the crafted gloves and boots, is simply horrible. Not every build can easily stack all its resistances wearing all the “BiS Damage” items, and needs a creative way to balance offense and defense. This change just sort of nukes that balance and will lead to tons of band-aid solutions to specific items instead of letting people finding solutions on their own.

5 Likes

Hmm, at least the Blitz with Sunder is not very hard to dodge when dealing with herself…That’s all. Her physical and trauma damage can be really deadly to many BDs, no mentioning the silly 50% damage reduction debuff which limits life steal seriously…
I can’t imagine what it would be like if the weakening physical risist change become true…I’m still staying in v1.2.0.5.

I feel disappointed to 1.2.0.0 and 1.2.1.0 change . I don’t think that ‘Damage Amplified’ is a good change.It makes plenty of build not have enough strength.The variety of gameplay has been reduced.
Always weaken existing equipment,and change their variables will make player’s efforts be in vain.
We Don’t Need You To Teach Us How To Play The Game!
By the way,after the 1.2 update, the game often crashed when switching characters, which was also a big problem.
Please stop these weird and meaningless changes and focus on developing new classes, skills, maps, and gear.

that behaviour was fixed btw
as someone that actually used to suck at dodging Maiden’s blitz, i can now reliably avoid it, to the point it’s laughably easy
the above fix was significant,
but, her being unable to even trigger blitz if you’re in close to below mid range means it’s even simpler now in combination with just straight up preventing her from ever triggering it to making her cancel it should she use it

1 Like

I’ve tested many builds in the past few weeks - she still does the above targeting behavior - in no way is it “laughably easy.” Especially when the range to begin her Blitz attack tends to be right where you use your disengagement rune. There is no boss who punishes attempting to space as severely as Iron Maiden, and there’s no reason for her to be such a major outlier compared to other Nemeses.

I played SR a lot during top20 testing. Still haven’t learned how to dodge Maiden’s sunder. And truth be told, a lot of bosses sunder is just not telegraphed at all. Some minor bosses practically spam that sunder too.

2 Likes

I’ve seen reports of her sunder being bugged recently, and I think most of my runs into her were right at 1.2.0 release, when I was testing my chars. She was fine back then - I just dodged through her Blitz, and then sunder never came up again.

Can boot somebody up later in the evening and see if it still works that way.

Cries in Fabius randomly disengaging into his SS and ending my life

}Z9L@AS{NN(SY}}A6TFL$R
A warm and cute hug from our Iron Miss, dear guys🥰
Not even in v1.2.1.0.
Yeahyeahyeah G_I may tell you you can dodge it. But what if we somehow couldn’t? We should be killed at once?
Don’t become developers’ henchman. We have the right to give suggestions.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

TBH, I’ll take her hug over Shattered Outcast’s bullshit any day of the week.

2 Likes

don’t know what to tell you, sure you updated after the fix?
because there was a noticeable change afterwards, i’ve not once seen her repeat blitz since the update, she just stops dead in her tracks now

Shattered Outcast bursts after death and that indeed is some bubucrap.

1 Like