Questions about (Nightblade´s) Dual-wield, WPS, DoTs

I have done some searching here in the forum about mechanics but havent found all information, I need, or are unsure if I understood everything correctly.

Dual-wield gives me following percentages: 33 % MH, 33 % OH and 33 % both weapons? Or is it (like I have read, too) 25 % MH, 25 % OH and 50 % both weapons?

I think I did understand WPS mechanics ( I hope so…;)).
Am I right that the procc from Direwolf Crest can be counted to the WPS Pool?

Do the percentages from question 1 also apply to the WPS?
Can (in my case) Belgothian´s Shears, Whirling Death and Execution be calculated with a hit from both weapons?

When both weapons have flat DoT damage and I land a hit with both weapons, do they stack (so I get a very high DoT)?

Is it possible (when answer to 3+4 is “Yes”), that I hit with both weapons and I have Execution “procc”, that my DoT Damage stacks and then is multiplied by e. g. 2,5 (250 %)?

I hope, everything is understandable, didn´t want to use Google Translator. :stuck_out_tongue:

Really nobody?

Or is it the wrong forum?:confused:
(If so, would a mod please be so kind and put it to the right one?)

Unfortunately not so much people play as Nightblade.
Some time ago I just started it but was finished my character very quickly because too long names for weapons - I don’t have widescreen monitor, just 1280x1024, and 3 names at once did not fit it in comparison.
Not so much Nightblade-players = no answers.

Perhaps the title of the thread is misleading because of “Nightblade”.

It´s more about DW, WPS and DoTs and (theoretically) every mastery can DW with Direwolf Crest (though not every mastery has WPS for it).

1. This old post states it is 35% MH / OH and 30% both weapons, but that may have changed. Does not really matter because of #3.
  2. If the description states activates off of default weapon attacks, then it is a WPS. So, yes for the Direwolf Crest.
  3. Your WPSs override the default dual wielding animations. The skills’ tooltips specify, which weapons deal damage. In case of the Nightblade’s WPSs all of them. Eventually your weight for WPSs reaches 100% or exceeds it, so that your default attack is no longer executed.
  4. Not sure, but I believe each weapon counts as different source of damage - see Damage over Time.
  5. If my prior assumption is correct, then yes.

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

Well, I should have looked in-game and not in Grimtools…than I would have recognized, that Execution and Co. automatically uses both weapons.

1. Dual-wield gives you 25 % MH, 25 % OH and 50 % both weapons.

I haven’t tested myself but remember someone on the forums mentioned testing about 100 auto attacks.
As eisprinzessin mentions this doesn’t really matter…unless you’re doing Cadence + WPS.

I can confirm the Direwolf Crest, and it is awesome.
I think default attacks still happen, but maybe it is just that Cadence can activate off the % chance triggered skills too? I dunno.

The 3rd strike of Cadence takes precedence over the WPSs. Your WPSs can only be triggered on the other two strikes. If your weight has not reached 100, then you can still see default attacks.

I use Savagery, so I don´t have to think about Cadence. :wink:

I´m asking myself, if it is useful to reduce the “White Hits” to a minimum.
I currently have:
20 % Whirling Death, 20 % Belgothian´s Shears, 20 % Execution and 12 % Direwolf Crest. 28 % White Hits. If I take Amarasta´s Quick Cut (20 %), it only would be 8 %.

Hm…

To me the cool thing about WPSs is, that you can assign a lot of celestial powers to them, without having a ton of active skills in your quickbar. I made about build about it - didn’t turn out great though. Still, if I redid the build I would aim for a high weight. If you don’t like Quick Cut, there are other WPSs you get from items.

Problem with WPS and Devotions:
The chance to procc is reduced (Devotions); 20 % WPS and (for example) 20 % for devotion = 4 % to procc.

But if you have a weight of 100+, then it is less a question, if a power is activated, but which one activates. Many powers have a recharge time anyway, and when playing with that char, I felt the powers were activated frequently.

Well, that would be indeed fine. :slight_smile:

For me, sometimes it is important which devotion proccs so I do not bind anything to them. But a lot of weapons give nice boni to WPS.