Questions about some of the bosses

Hey guys. I just got back into the game after a while and I’m playing with a (kinda old) PRM build by Nery . I reached level 100 around three days ago, and I’ve been farming blueprints in Normal SR, doing runs from SR70 to 71.
This is my build right now. The sheet DPS is ~80k with auras and word of renewal up and its usually bouncing between 90k to 100k while in fights (thanks to Deadly Aim and Elemental Imbalance procs)

While doing these, I’ve run into a bunch of bosses I’ve never seen before, outside of SR. I’m pretty sure my character is too strong for most of these because in general I can just sit in front of them and facetank until they die, which I don’t think the build is supposed to be able to do. There are a few bosses which are either a major annoyance or a serious threat, so I just wanted to know what makes them that.

First off, the Kubacabra. He bring me down to very low HP (presumably because he has very high physical damage?) some times but he’s never actually killed me. He also takes the longest to kill because I’m assuming he leeches life somehow, and the leech doesn’t go away when I use Nullification.

There’s Theodin Marcell. He has some move which almost insta kills me. I have no idea what it might be, so I don’t even have a hypothesis about this guy.

Finally there’s Ravna’s uglier sister, the Mad Queen (don’t remember her name at all). I have no idea what it is with her either, but she also has a move which just straight up kills me out of nowhere. No clue what it might be, but I know its not the “spawn poison puddles” move or the “shoot radial poison spikes” move, because I can tank those.

I’d also like to say that the way I do all of these fights is just put down a seal beneath myself and the boss, use Word of Pain and Storm Box and spam PRM until the guy dies (recasting WoP, Storm Box and WoR for 100% uptime when necessary, of course). I use nullification if it looks like the boss buffed itself (pretty sure I’ve wasted nullification many times because of this) and mirror if I know a massive nuke is coming (eg Archmage Alexander’s aether meteor) or if I fall super low.

Any help with these boss mechanics is appreciated. Thank you guys!

PS: If you guys see any obvious improvements or mistakes with the build, please point them out.

Edit: got Theodin Marcell’s name right

his red puke pools heals him, they are basically a weird Wendigo Totem - if his healing is too much for you then regularly relocate so you aren’t standing in too many
as for his dmg, he debuffs your resist like most bosses, deals a fair chunk of phys dmg (you want phys res not just armour), and he has a vita breath attack that deals decent dmg and heals him too

legit don’t know who that guy is

when she screams twice she gets a red aura,
this aura is basically “i’ll make you my bitch” skill,
it lets her retaliate unlimited with shotgun bursts that will kill most if you just try to stand your ground and pew pew her as ranged
either mirror or cluster up and nuke her, or start to run/kite for the duration of the aura - you can practice her in main campaign if that’s easier to learn her aura timer that way

boss details you can find on grimtools too Grim Dawn Monster Database

Really? I’m guessing The Master of Flesh - Theodin Marcell - Official Grim Dawn Wiki

1 Like

not the same name tho (Thordell/Theodin), how would i draw that connection at 8 in the morning :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Well, I managed it earlier than that. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My bad, couldn’t remember his name exactly. I fixed the post to say the correct name now.