Quitting for other ARPGs but still here drama

Look at all these verbally abusive people, see what video games do to people?

Drama can be useful too. At least I expressed it here, while all my friends simply uninstalled the game and are now rifting happily ever after.

I did it for Zantai. He can’t see what’s not flagged. At least not real-time. This isn’t my drama. It’s my friendly message, piece of information. At least it won’t come as a surprise in the future. It’s his business what to do with this drama.

Damn, they are already doing GRs. Argh!

This was clearly the best turn we could hope for.

Holy moly
That’s hot :smile:

You didn’t flag anything. :rofl: It was already clear he’d seen the thread and responded.

1 Like

Funny you say this when diablo 3 and POE have the exact same problem with one shots and character explodes for no reason.

But plz do keep trolling.

Infact just one recent right here https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/c7tn3y/i_can_withstand_shapers_slam_but_white_legion/

and here

and here

heres another thats like SR

etc etc etc. POE has even worse problems than grim dawn where your char has to ask for carry lol.

1 Like

I flagged the fact that 8 people have just quit GD because of what’s been going here in the last couple of months. Some of these people were GD supporters from the start. They didn’t stop playing because of boredom. They didn’t enjoy the constant class/item changes as well extreme randomness of SRs. They also hated instability of MP in SRs. That’s my point. I hope you get it now.

Goodbye, I guess. :thinking:

we have an influx of angry players for some reason even though dev is actively listening to community feedback.

Set transmutation, auto pick ups, infinite dungeons, piercing AAR, final boss tone down, crucible tone down, new expansions, teleportation runes, SR tone down, SR combo tone down, better MI for builds, buffing niche items, buffing useless legendaries.

Seriously thats some outstanding work here and is vastly underappreciated.

3 Likes

i really dont see how saying going back to diablo 3 and POE will help when both games suffer from exact same problem and worse, when you cant even go offline…

Example please? Empty words for the sake of commenting? Outside of real bugs, there are very few mechanics that can oneshot you in D3. Reflect mobs would be #1 reason, but they are easily avoided. Incoming damage is easily one of least spiky from all other games in its genre.

The game has been changing constantly since day one, it’s nothing recent - more like 10 years. Or 7 if you want to count from the point Medierra was able to hire full time staff after the Kickstarter. Every changelog has brought tweaks/improvements/buffs/nerfs to the game. It’s never been static, though there have been times I suppose when changes haven’t happened for a few months.

2 Likes

True that. And, until recently, it was well received. Most changes were great, at least according to all my friends. Even those who hate arpgs got it and played for hundreds of hours. Please don’t say there’s a lack of appreciation, as it’s not true.

It’s the recent events, such as multiple consecutive changes to classes/builds/sets what made people worry.

If you look back through the changelogs, you’d see that items/classes have been tuned since before even I bought into the game in 2014.

But bitching and fear-mongering is eternal too. Only as of late has the toxicity therein increased for “unknown reasons”.

2 Likes

Well back in our days we use to farm SOT and be happy to kill final boss. Natural progression of power creep made people have way too much expectation of what builds should do. Before it was running crucible for 150, then 170, then 170 at 10min, then 170 at 6min, then theres SR, then theres SR 75 loop.

We have to stop at some point.

Once deathly wayward point gets released i fear people might expect to finish SR 80+ solo for those celestial chests, even though the legendary spam from these farming are already in my opinion ridiculous and made the rest of the game pretty much obsolete (other than couple of components?).

No, you aren’t getting it!

You can’t give kids a toy and then, in the midst of their playing, grab it back and remove something from it. It kills the fun. People don’t care if their toy is still nice, it’s changed and lost something it had before.

Don’t you see how simple it is?

Other games figured it out a while ago. If you want to rebalance stuff, create leagues or seasons or ladders. But within a given season, nobody takes away the toy! Nobody can change it! Within that timeframe, every player knows that their chosen build is guaranteed to perform as per the reference meta.

In GD there are no seasons (too bad), but Zantai could at least implement some kind of change-freeze policy. Say, rebalancing updates only happen every 6/12 months. Give the players confidence that their toys won’t lose power. It’s a major grind to assemble a build and it kills all the fun when you get your toys toned down to match someone’s middle line. You can’t do that to players every time you please. PoE has the cyclone now. So op it’s crazy. Yet people still run other builds, still push the ranks and still have fun. Next league the power balance will be reworked, but even then cyclone is guaranteed to still perform great. Cuz you don’t punish players for choosing a strong build.

Ok that’s about balance.

Then there are bugs, but I feel it’s not a deal breaker.

So OP it’s profitable because people are buying Cyclone cosmetics. Because that’s PoE’s business model - force-create what’s “fun” so as to better reach inside their users’ wallets.

“This is fine”

That’s basically what happens. A hotfix which doesn’t rebalance the game state takes 1-1.5 months, larger updates are months longer still. This illusion you have of perpetual changes ruining everyone’s lives is just that: an illusion.

4 Likes

For PoE, the last two releases have done major rebalancing to a number of classes/archetypes, including to caster and melee.

The next release will be rebalancing/changing up the Necromancer archetype.

In each case, some loved it, some hated it. New players came and old ones left.

Some left feedback, others didn’t. Some feedback the devs took, and others they didn’t

Seems to me it’s the same thing you are complaining about here.

If you don’t know any of that, then I guess you’ll find out on your own.

So, good-bye.

So what if 50% are running cyclone? I will be running frostblades during Blight. And I don’t give a damn about balance. But I won’t be getting my FB changed in the middle of the league. And inD3 s18 I’m running a firebell monk and I don’t care that it’s not in the S group this time. See, all this balance thing is way overrated.

What’s not overrated is the frustration I’m seeing among my buddies with these constant changes. They literally just said they would gladly give up on all the changes made in the last 6 months.

You could have fooled me…

1 Like