Rah'Zin v1.1.9.4 Feedback

So this thread on Rah’zin with 20 upvotes and complete union in the comments (as well as RE thread) was unanswered and ignored in the notes.

4 piece set granted skill is effectively equal to a component granted skill, Rahzin AA builds are useless compared to other chaos melee, and all the use you can make of once fan favourite chaos set now is chaos %rr on rare builds you can equip all 4 pieces. Wonderful.

4 Likes

Oh fuck, it had 20 upvotes?!

There was virtually no substance in those threads. I should hope you all know how these things work by now, and yet here we are again.

6 Likes

Overall I like the patch and the new conduits are very much appreciated! :+1:

However…

RIP RE

11 Likes

Love the new conduits but I also agree that the nerfs to Rah’Zin were unwarranted and the nerfs to RE too harsh.

2 Likes

No substance in either thread? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Not sure if serious or trolling.

1 Like

I replied to the RE thread. 0 Runs, 0 data in the Rah’Zin thread and some comments that show I apparently need to look at some other Chaos builds some day?

well, it’s not like when you ask for comparison data/runs/vids showcasing build performance drop that you mean it and expect people to provide it, right? :grin:

1 Like

I must say, whether I agree with the nerfs or not is a separate question, but I think that’s a bit of a harsh attitude to take towards the people most committed to testing and playtesting the game. Clearly the authors of those threads thought they had substance, as well as those who replied, or they wouldn’t have put so much effort into it. Just my two cheap cents.

12 Likes

Funny how you put it that way. 21 and 24 people respectively supported the statements (with no objection in the comments) and turns out they are all idiots who supported no substance babble. What a motivation for people to make feedbacks.

You are welcome for playtesting, i suppose.

4 Likes

That’s like saying 20 people voted in a forum poll and we should listen to it.

Did you know I have the most likes on this forum? I must be right every time!

5 Likes

the thing that really puzzles me is … the purpose of the PT.
like we had a changelog, people disagreed with certain changes, provided feedback backed by videos and data and … almost the original PT notes were released.
like unnecessary nerfs to Goredrinker that I haven’t seen posted on forums at all, nerfs to RE across the board, no buffs to really weak setups …I can continue but imo it’s all pretty obvious.

3 Likes

Uh, thanks? Didn’t ask you to. But if you’re expectation is that playtesting = do what I want, then I have bad news for you.

3 Likes

You are definitely right to release the updates and thanks for that! Those posts are rightfully upvoted the most.

1 Like

Anyways, this is a nonsensical discussion for this thread. If you have feedback with data, we are happy to see it as always.

I will reiterate that the game is not designed by committee. Likes on a post in this forum are like a drop in the bucket for the total size of the playerbase.

Edit: discussion has now been moved.

1 Like

Maybe I don’t know which videos you’re referring to, but anything I saw in there fit within the parameters I’ve stated like a broken record.

Did pre-nerf Rah’zin (and RE for that matter) not also fit within these parameters? I find it hard to believe they didn’t given how long they remained untouched. (I don’t recall any new-ish information that would change their respective status quos either.)

2 Likes

Hey, if somehow a small sample data is more convincing to you than brute numbers of component granted skill being on par with 4 piece bonus, i can give you that.

Version tuned for dmg. 3 double rares. Died 1 out of 5 runs and was on the brink of dying in 2 others (saved by rng enemy misses). 4:53 with good spawns and very good mutators at 161-170. And i don’t want to even begin to think what changes are needed to make this build survive because every time you give up dmg on such build you give up survivability by losing the ability to focus the toughest enemies.

Let’s compare to chaos builds with similar-ish playstyle:

What do we have in summary? Two builds anabled by gloves, one build anabled by a pistol, one - by conduit, one by the amulet and only one by a set. Every single one is faster and tankier than a minmaxed build with 3 double rares and a set dedicated to the masteries.

It’s not like the build became unfunctional. The nerf is just completely mind boggling. For once, can we look at the data this nerf was based on? There are SO many things that wastly outperform Rahzin on every front, why was it even targeted?

20 Likes

If there was any confusion before this is what “over reacting” looks like. FYI.

I mean is anyone really surprised by any of this? Also, can’t possibly see what the 2% nerf to deathstalkers really does when during the ENTIRE prior physical testing overhaul nothing was mentioned.

Sorry I think the magical spreadsheet has corrupted data. If this pisses you or or makes you feel bad in anyway I wonder how the other people in the thread feel, especially in regards to odd changes. Frankly, after this I ain’t gonna give anymore oxygen to any of these “2 step forwards one step backwards” changes that come off with as much common sense as someone who is putting there hands in fire constantly thinking one day they will never get burned again.

2 Likes

Awesome, much appreciated!

5 Likes

*your

Jul 16, 16 is the date of Z’s biggest mistake

Is this Rah’zin feedback or Witch Hunter feedback?

Rah’zin seems to be doing alright in that post of yours.

2 Likes