Rainbow Pet Conjurer - The Flying Dodo

I was talking just MI pants in general, not for any specific build. As every build posted with MI pants, people complain aboot them. Plus in his grim tools I didn’t even see green pants so I didn’t know you were targeting a specific build (as looks to me like he is wearing Mythical Wildshorn)

But yes if you need specific skill points/pet stats then MI pants are not the way to go, unless you farm the Nemesis pants. But those are much harder to farm :slight_smile:

Ravager is done.

All 3 Versions were done faster compared to the H.Chicken build.

Conclusion: For all content, the Dodo is faster (and not only safer, but also lazier). But if you lack the greens or don’t like using them, then H.chicken is better.

I have yet to see a better pet build in these forums…

And you don’t need to get the perfect affix rolls on the weapon/off-hand. Even with just one useful affix, they are still the BiS. That shouldn’t be too hard to get.

Aw, man… :eek:

I beg to differ but…if you really wanna believe that this is the best build in these forums then there’s no point in any further debate on the topic.

Any Taskmaster’s/of Kings pants would probably be better than Wildshorn or Barbaros, particularly on MIs that have good resists or Nemesis pants that have relevant skill bonuses, but that’s about it. of Caged Souls can be useful if you really need bleed resist, but in practice it’s not that important as it only matters vs Kubacabra and he’s pretty easy anyway. Dominator’s and of the Wild aren’t really worth anything.

In general, pet builds care more about skill bonuses than anything else so there are very few cases where MIs are BiS.

If you wanna play that way, I’ll bite. I’ve seen few builds of any kind that are less well optimized than yours, let alone pet builds. This is basically a carbon copy of other builds that have been posted here before, multiple times by multiple people, except that you use worse devotion setups, worse skill distributions, and worse component setups, and worse item choices.

It’s perfectly fine to regurgitate near clones of other builds with your own person style sprinkled on top, but claiming to have the best build, especially in this case, is a special mix of naive and arrogant

Now look who is being naive and arrogant.

I have tried all of your builds and I can tell you for a fact that yours are way worse than mine. So, you are going to have to show me these better builds.

And no, no one else has posted anything close to this before. Atleast not any that I have come across. If there was one that did its job this well, I wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of making it in the first place.

Are there faster ones? Sure.

Are there safer/lazier ones? I haven’t come across any.

“Best” is an entirely subjective term and depends upon what you are looking for. I will concede that if you are looking for something to set records for clear speed in the crucible, you will find much better builds.

But if you want to be able to close your eyes (not literally) and still blow through the content, I would call this one the best, by a mile.

Dick-measuring aside, i find it sad that with an amulet seemed to be tailor-made for pet Conjurerers (2nd Raven + bonuses for Primal Spirit) you cannot properly use two Briarthorns and two Ravens: eather you concentrate on Ravens + Lightning with one devotion setup - and full Beastcaller set does not help, or you concentrate on Briarthorns + phys damage - and then 2nd raven is useless and only bonuses for Primal Spirit + Chaos res remain.

killerek posted a GT link with a Beastcaller’s + Will of Bysmiel Build here
I have a thread about combining the two. (last two GT links are normal builds without supercharging)
This thread discusses some of that in more detail and options for building around that.

The main differences? Everyone else uses Primal Instinct over Mogdrogen’s Ardor because it more effective in almost every case, and no one has posted a version that uses Spiritbinder Glyphs and physical damage because it is decidedly worse than using either Glyphs of Kelpath’Zoth for Lightning damage or Voidwhisper bands for Chaos damage.

Lazier is trivial, switch weapons.

This is the key point. You should probably avoid words like “better” and “best”.

There are so many ways you could improve this it’s note even funny. Here are a few.
Change weapon/off-hand prefixes to max Familiar
Put an extra 7 points into Summon Briarthorn
Same as above with different skill points comming out of a different place
I appologize if this suggestion is a bit extreme for you, but this one uses Spark of Ultos and Glyphs of Kelpath’Zoth, and changes the Devotion setup a little to allow for Blizzard which is incredibly powerful when bound to Familiars. It even uses one less active skill because it doesn’t need to summon Salazaar’s Harbinger. Wow. I think I’ve created the best and laziest build of all time.

I used this setup for most of the time I played my HC conjurer, eventually switching devotion to this becuase it was generally more effective in the Crucible (which is important if you need to farm your own gear).

And after typing all of that up, I just noticed you’re using Outcast’s Bastion augment for weapon/off-hand instead of Ravager’s Eye, and using Sylvarria’s Esssense instead of Mogdrogen’s Blessing on your amulet - there is a pretty big win to be had there.

Have you tried a skeleton cabalist? You can literally close your eyes for most of the main campaign with one of those and be fine.

Mythical Will of Bysmiel synergizes incredibly well with Beastcaller’s. You can use Spark of Ultos + Glyphs of Kelpath’Zoth to convert 75% of pet physical damage to Lightning. You can also use Witching Hour and Voidwhisper Bands to convert pet physical to chaos, and it makes for an incredibly powerful build. See some of the above links for examples.

This build would not perform as well without the full beastcaller set. You simply lose too much of everything else trading it for more dps for the Ravens. But if you are trying to say that you can’t have fully powered Briarthorns + Ravens, then you can give this a try. You will be missing out on the AoE from GroundSlam, but the pets themselves are maxed out.

Are you trying your hand at a out of season april fool’s joke?

You still seem to hold the belief that faster equals better, which is kind of sad because you can’t see past that.

Also, a bit of things.

o) Primal instinct is not better than Mogdrogen’s Ardor. For crucible, sure it might be faster. But we are not making a crucible only build here or hounding after those extra few seconds faster clear time.

o) Spiritbinder rings are still better if you want to focus on defence thanks to HP it provides and the +4 to Mog’s pact being more useful than +4 to S.Pact from Kelp rings. But I will give you that if you are looking for more damage the Kelps might be better. Chaos requires too much to function properly that it is simply not worth it.

o) Switching out Salazar’s is a bad thing to do considering how good the pet is.

o) Cabalists are bad. So no idea what made you think that.

o) I already mentioned Swapping Syl’s with Mog’s on the amulet in the first page itself. I notice very little difference either way and just left it as is for the poison res overcap for pets. Bastion instead of Ravager’s is for the Res obviously. Don’t see the point in losing that for more dmg.

This is the key point. You should probably avoid words like “better” and “best”.

No dear, you should. If you can make a glass cannon that dies the moment something sneezes at you and call it the best, then I can make something that trivializes endgame content to the point of being a joke and call mine better.

Look, I get that you have your own way of doing things. But if you are here to preach that, all I can tell you is that I am not interested. You are trying to sell me a Lamborghini when I am interested in a All-terran-vehicle.

This is a funny thread.

You still seem to hold the belief that MINE EQUALS BETTER which is REALLY kind of sad because you REALLY can’t see past that.

Especially once it’s pointed out that none of it is really yours. It’s already been done. And much better.

Because YOU didn’t figure to use it?

You have no idea what you’re talking about, do you? Those rings are primarily used for conversion. None is “better” than the others. They work for different builds. And… what? Chaos is not worth it?

It’s not good. Just okay. Great on paper but slow.

Cabalists are bad. Period. Words of wisdom from a noob. :smiley:

That’s because your buildcrafting sucks so you gotta revert to supoptimal ways to cap your res.

All endgame builds trivialize content. But I get it, I really do. I too remember how excited I was with my first endgame toon. I too felt like it was the best build in the world. I too made attempts at arguing with veterans, “hey but mine has more hp” and such… Everyone gets through that beginner stage. You live you learn.

No, he was trying to point out that your engine was broken.

wut?(1010)

Well, there are some disagreements here but I’m sure we can all agree that Pets are somewhat OP and likely need a nerf!

I’m [sort of] joking and every builder has a right to explain their build.

Hopefully each listed build will highlight the benefits and playstyle of the build for new and experienced players . It’s probably not optimal to claim “best” but certainly should explain in the guide why you think the style is fun. And I think specific alternate gear should be recommended if the build holds very rare items.

I personally am not a great fan of pets after having tried them - to me they are a bit too much autopilot. But if I were to play a written build, I’d definitely want to see a description of the playstyle and prep sequence. Videos don’t really do it for me.

It is not about whose build it is. But you can fanboy/fangirl all over him. Feel free, but get a room.

Especially once it’s pointed out that none of it is really yours. It’s already been done. And much better.

Yet zero examples to support that claim. Wonder why that is.

Because YOU didn’t figure to use it?
No, because Mog’s ardor is simply better. There is no “figuring” anything out. It is not rocket science.

You have no idea what you’re talking about, do you? Those rings are primarily used for conversion. None is “better” than the others. They work for different builds. And… what? Chaos is not worth it?

I see different stats on those rings though. Are we playing 2 different games?

Now let us talk about conversions. Going Lightning without the extra RR from Wind Devils will net you worse or at best the same amount of performance compared to going physical. And the points you put in W.Devils can be used elsewhere.

And yes, Chaos is not worth it. Both the item and devotion setup for it makes you pretty much paper.

It’s not good. Just okay. Great on paper but slow.

Shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Cabalists are bad. Period. Words of wisdom from a noob. :smiley:

You are free to believe otherwise if you want. But anything a pet cabalist can do, pet conjurer can do better.

That’s because your buildcrafting sucks so you gotta revert to supoptimal ways to cap your res.

Yet it performs better than everything else. Pretty great for something that sucks.

All endgame builds trivialize content. But I get it, I really do. I too remember how excited I was with my first endgame toon. I too felt like it was the best build in the world. I too made attempts at arguing with veterans, “hey but mine has more hp” and such… Everyone gets through that beginner stage. You live you learn.

Care to put your money on that? Show me how trivial you find Ravager with every single endgame build.

And hey, if you want to talk about veterans I have been playing grim dawn since when the Hellhound had a Red tinted Rifthound’s model. No idea how long that was but my beginner days are long gone. So you might want to find a different excuse to not accept the simple fact that my build does everything that it set out to do better than everything else.

No, he was trying to point out that your engine was broken.

Then tell him that he is wrong.

The claim of best is within the context of what the builds aims for. And it aims for everything except speed.

Also it wasn’t exactly made with the idea of being easy to gear. Hence the (g5) in the OP.

And there is no “guide” to speak of since it would pretty much be an exact copy paste of my physical conjurer build which has been linked in the first sentence of the OP. In other words, there is no playstyle and there is no prep. You can do everything, however you want, which is pretty much what I was going for to begin with.

Your clearing speed is awful. How is it best build? Best build is fast, safe, hc viable build. Not yours, sorry. It’s time to ignore you. You have no respect for our forum users.

9 mins clear speed in the crucible without banners/consumables or needing to micro pets is awful?

I have yet to see a safer or more HC viable pet build. So 2 out of 3 is better than the competition.

Oh and um, I am not the one going to other people’s threads and insulting their builds because it doesn’t do what I want it to do. So you might want recheck that line about respect.

No one ever intended to insult your build (at least not me). It’s actually not that bad. Outside the few errors that I see you have corrected by now (that Sylvaria Essense, underinvested AotG, etc.) and some that you still haven’t (not maxing Briathorns and those devos) it’s quite agreeable, especially in its “GDStashed/lazy” niche.

The problem is your attitude. You come with an underoptimized piece of work, you don’t even post a video to display its performance and you call it “best in these forums” based on… what exactly? At the same time everything that doesn’t fit in your narrow field of view is automatically “bad.” Builds that beat your clear times to the pulp (which is just about any other pet conjurer and, yes, cabalist) you call “paper.” Your misguided arrogance and ignorance translate to disregard and even disrespect for other players whose achievements have been known in the community for years.

This is when people just can’t help it and lash out at your build. There are plenty weak builds being posted here but you don’t see comments like these under every one of them. Even an internet forum is a social setting and there are real people on the other side of your screen reading your words. Being humble never hurt anyone! :wink: