Rainbow Pet Conjurer - The Flying Dodo

1. Replacing sylvarrias’s essence and putting extra points in AotG changes nothing for me as the clear time is still the same. While it also does not increase my survivability by any noticeable amount, if others find it useful, I don’t see anything wrong with complying.
    Pic using Syl’s instead of Mog’s on the amu and only 2 points in AotG for reference.

2. The Devotion setup is the best possible and maxing Briarthorns does not make any difference.

3. I am not being arrogant or ignorant but simply telling the truth as it is. If you don’t like that then that is your problem.

4. A video will change nothing. You already have the blessing timer from the SS for crucible and if you find any of my other claims unbelievable you can simply create the char and playtest it yourself.

5. Sig’s Chaos Conjurer gets a +2:30 clear speed in the crucible while being much harder to pilot and being a glass cannon (aka paper). So yes, it is bad comparatively.

6. Anyone who bothers to actually try my builds will see for themselves that I have yet to make a false claim. I am not going to lie just to make you or anyone else, feel well regarded and respected.

@medea Sorry, I guess that was out of line. I’ll rephrase it:

The reason you are perceived as arrogant is because you are stating your opinions as fact and brushing off the opinions of very experienced users.

I’ve already closed one thread today. Let’s not make this the second one.

Forum Guidelines
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1

I have played the builds I have commented upon. Have you?

I don’t care for theorycrafting. I prefer practical results. And the results speak for themselves and lend all the credibility I need to make my claims.

Would you have me nod my head and go along with it instead, even if my experiences contradict their statements?

Sorry, but I cannot do that. I have already conceded that my build is not the fastest and that is all you will get from me.

If that makes me arrogant, then I rather be labelled as such rather than a liar.

Hi siggatrev

Could you please tell me how did you assign your devo skills in that particular setup?

Regards

I would guess,

Familiar on Blizzard
Curse (CoF) on Shepherd’s
Briarthorns on Ele.Storm
A toggle skill like Primal Bond on N.Guardians

that was also my guess, just wanted a confirmation :wink:

No, not at all. Again it’s about valuing other opinions and not posting your experiences/opinions as facts. I’ll give you an example:

Even if you were only referring to pet cabalists, you should back up a claim like this with something, because almost every other member on here would disagree. By backing up I don’t necessarily mean “evidence” like pics or videos, simply an explanation.

I made a similar mistake in my first post in this thread:

What I should have said is something like this:

“I consider using salt and silver suboptimal, is there no other way to cover aether and chaos res, so you can use 1 or 2 seals of might?”

It’s not about making you concede anything. What makes this forum so great and a valuable resource are the discussions of builds people post. Even the most seasoned vets on here frequently update their posted builds following suggestions they get from the community.

It seems to me, that you see things too much in terms of black and white. There is big middle ground between being arrogant and being a liar. :wink:

As you wish. (You or anyone could have just asked and I would have happily replied)

Take a look at the following threads:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=663870
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77518

Conjurers would seem faster comparatively even without the supercharging stuff.

Now, would you disagree if I were to tell you that it is not easy to keep skeletons alive? If not, Conjurers are also easier to play.

So, where do you find Cabalists to be better than Conjurers?

And yes, considering the discussion is within a pet build thread I am only talking about pet conjurers and cabalists as the rest are irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

It seems to me, that you see things too much in terms of black and white. There is big middle ground between being arrogant and being a liar. :wink:

I don’t like the Jedi order!

That aside, all I have done is to defend my claims. I would not call it arrogance.

Now for the claims themselves. What makes you think that claiming to have the easiest and laziest pet build in these forums is arrogance when as far as I see, it is true.

I have never claimed that it was the fastest build or that it is easy to gear up for, so telling me that it isn’t is a moot point.

EDIT:

“I consider using salt and silver suboptimal, is there no other way to cover aether and chaos res, so you can use 1 or 2 seals of might?”

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOAWnXV

You gain 1 Seal of Might.

How about introducing the 3rd player: Ritualist?

Have any one of you tried a vitality pet one? I have seen one guide for that but never tried myself due to not having a level 100 yet.

Regards

A couple of pet builds in the compendium

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=679728#post679728

I have very little experience with playing a Ritualist, so can’t comment.

Maya was right, I bind Blizzard to Familiar, Shepherd’s Call to Curse of Frailty, Elemental Storm to Briarthorn, and Nature’s Guardian to any toggleable buff.

Ritutalists tend to perform much worse than either Cabalists or Conjurers. The supporting abilities provided by the Occultist mastery make a huge difference (Blood of Dreeg, Curse of Frailty, Bonds of Bysmiel + Manipulation). Shaman + Necro has a hard time compensating for that, Skeletons have a hard time surviving, and the Shaman pets get much of a bonus from Necro.

On top of that itemization is severely lacking.

The most successful pet Ritualist I played was a Diviner’s set Reap Spirit Ritualist, but it’s prformance was worse than the equivalet Cabalist option.

I’ve been working on an updated version of that Cabalist and have clear times as low as 4:42 without supercharging. It is definitely faster, it’s safer than the old version, and the skeletons tend to survive more often too (although that may be piloting/clear speed related).

Generally speaking, if you find that you never come even remotely close to dying, you can probably sacrifice some HP for offense. In the crucible in particular, more offense often has a big positive effect on your survivability. (This is intended as general advice, not specific to your build.)

Regardless, outside of the crucicble skeleton survival is non-issue. You don’t have to fight multiple nemesis at the same time, and if your skeletons somehow do die (which is rare on that build) you can disengage and resummon them from a safe place.

In the main campaign, skeleton builds tend to be much faster than coniurers. I would argue that in the main campaign skeleton builds are easier to play, and easier to gear for too.

I come from D2. And necro was my fav there.

So if you do make that Cabalist, you can bet that I am interested even if it is harder to pilot.

And you are correct on not needing that much HP. But with my piloting (or lack of), I have never been able to get a low enough time to do the Crucible 3 times with the same round of blessings. So I simply left it as is instead of going for more speed.

You might have better luck if you tried using 3 blessings + Vanguard banner. The Banner can have a huge positive impact on clear speeds, and Ulzuin’s Pact probably doesn’t do much for you. 3 clears with 3 blessings + banner leaves you at 100 Tribute, which is nice. Some of the bonus from banner would be piloting dependent but for the most part all you need to do is stick to that general area. Run away if you’re getting hurt, or if enemies aren’t coming to you, but otherwise hang out in it’s range. It’s usefulness also varies from map to map, it’s most useful (imo) on Crucible of the Dead because of the banner locations and openness.

WOW Interesting! Looking forward to your updated version.
Some questions:
1 have you ever tried fevered rage on any of your pet BDs, especially for the infamous SUPERCHARED one? The result should be:p:p
2 can pet BD do 170ex 3 times? Many of my chars can do it with 3 blessings and 1 banner; but that’s totally different scenario for pet BDs: it is BEASTLY for 170, pets can survive, clear fast, so they don’t die AKA keep the pets’ buff; but 170EX is a total different story. My conjuer BD can clear 170EX under 10 mins, but that’s not impressive.

I will keep it in mind for future runs :slight_smile:

Updated the OP with Bannered Run & Non-Bannered run with extra spawn.

Looking forward for that updated Cabalist build :wink:

Regards

Hi. What is the fastest time in gladiator crucible with this build?

Cheers.