Rainbow Pet Conjurer - The Flying Dodo

Short answer, it depends on the player. And I am a terrible player so think of my times as the worst possible.

You should still be able to comfortably take on the Crucible 151-170 twice with the same round of blessings.

With extra spawn it becomes a bit harder due to, well… extra spawns :p. But still pretty easy.

You can do it with a banner for 3 runs instead of 2, but I don’t find it very safe or fitting in with the whole “lazy” theme as you can’t be as passive.

One more thing I think I should point out. The build is optimized to be a jack of all trades, not just another crucible farmer.
I wanted an easy time with Ravager and Mogdrogen despite them being optional bragging rights content. I wanted it to be easiest build to play while still being reasonably powerful.
And because of all that, it suffers in terms of clear speed at the crucible.

I got a little curious myself. I respec’d devotions to be a bit more aggressive and changed a couple of items and managed 6:05 with this setup, 4 buffs + banner. I wanted to get under 6 minutes so I messed around a bit more, and managed 5:52 with this setup, 4 buffers + banner.

Not exactly the OPs build, but the same concept of using overpowered MIs and both Physical and Lighting damage types. I also used much more aggressive piloting.

Aggressive devotions and piloting can do a lot to reduce clear times, but the point of this build was to use neither so it’s not really a fair comparison.

So… read the patch notes. Haven’t got time to test out stuff since kind of busy with other stuff. But after a quick read, I think everything will be more or less the same for us even with the little bit of nerfs here and there. So, we are safe atleast until FG hits :smiley:

Thanks you guys for replying.

@Sigatrev, in your setup why dying god over shepherd’s crook? Is the extra pet damage worth the active health cost?

Dying God adds a noticeable amount of extra damage. If you’re aiming for fastest possible clear speed and can pilot well enough to survive with it, it’s worth using.

I realized some time ago that having ~+300 HP regen had no noticeable impact on survivability. Losing that regen, therefore, also has very little impact on survivability.

Like Sig said, it does add a bit of dmg if you want faster clear times. Plus, he has Aeon. So more heals from BoD. That combined with fast kills means the hp loss won’t really affect much.

I personally think Dying God is overrated tho. But that might just be me :stuck_out_tongue:

For non-chaos/vitality builds, the benefit of Dying God over Shepherd’s Crook is small when considered by itself. It is a benefit, but not a massive one.

I think Aeons Hourglass is the bigger differentiator, particularly combined with item skills that don’t benefit from CDR (Witching Hour, Call of the Beast, Salazar’s Harbinger), but also for skills like Blood of Dreeg and Primal Spirit that you want to cast as often as possible.

Dying God does benefit from the Chaos synergy with Witching Hour, the Vitality synergy with Skeletons and Wraiths, and from the fact the devotion affinity-wise, its requirements are a subset of Aeons Hourglass.

If it didn’t line up with Aeons Hourglass, it’d get a LOT less use from me

Yeah, I blame Aeon for the Dead god’s popularity. Kind of feel bad for Moggy, the ignored puppy.

That also reminded me. With the buff to Bound wraith in the latest patch P.spirit is pretty much permanent. So, yay :D. Now here is to a wildly improbable hope that in the near future we get to have two of them out at the same time.

Update for 1.0.7.0:

Ravager/Mogdrogen/Lokarr fights are the same as before.
Crucible is notably harder, but that mostly translates to slower runs and more focus required.

Build stays the same. No changes there. So unless they change something drastically before Forgotten gods hit, the dodo shall remain unaltered.

Updated the OP with 3 versions that don’t use any green items.

And yes, they will kill every Celestial/Superboss ingame and are viable in Crucible even though they will be slower.

EDIT: I also have a confession to make. Hadn’t realized that GOG had also got the hotfix so I had been playing with 1.0.7.0, meaning I thought Crucible was harder than it was. It is now easier than before, atleast for us :smiley:

Updating OP…

Updated OP with Crucible runs for No Greens build.

And so, there you have it. A fully functional (g3) version of the original build.

EDIT:

Changed stuff around. No more greens :smiley:

It now fares better against Ravager. Moggy is as easy as ever, so no worries there.

Gladiator Crucible is a bit slower than the version that uses MI’s. But it is still fast enough to run 151-170 three times with blessings & banner.

Also, one less button/active-skill + more DA. In other words, things got lazier :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello again,

Is that much DA necessary for a pet build?

Necessary? No.

But it helps when you run around like a blind drunk :smiley:

Could you please provide some input how beginner should start this build, like which spells, devotions etc. goes first? Thanks!

Starting out, I’d say focus on the Shaman side. Briarthorn is a pretty good tank that also deals decent damage, especially early on. Primal spirit, while not a permanent pet is borderline OP. The Mogdrogen’s Pact line will also help you stay alive while leveling.

Then slowly branch out to the Occultist side. Curse of Frailty (CoF) is good for debuffing and Blood of Dreeg (BoD) provides a nice heal. But you may go for Wendigo Totem instead for healing before respeccing into BoD.

Familiar is good for dealing damage, especially AoE dmg once you level up Lightning Strike. Storm Spirit provides a decent amount of dmg for all your pets as well as elemental resistance for everyone. But it can’t tank for you, so keep that in mind. You can ignore Hellhound for now, maybe put a single point in it just for the extra pet to keep enemies busy.

As for Devotions, I’d say get Shepherd’s Crook asap. You can buy back the Devotion point invested in the Purple/Ascendant crossroads after completing Shepherd’s as it provides 5 purple points and hence will sustain itself. You can use something like Grasping Vines to proc it until you get CoF.

Then work your way to Ishtak/Tree of Life. Assassin’s Blade is good fo the Debuff, but you probably won’t find much need for it early on. So you can get something like Eel or Panther instead with your first few points.

You could also focus on a bit of offense first instead and go for Raven and Rhowan’s Crown. Especially if you have invested in Familiar by this point.

For items, they don’t matter much while leveling so go for whatever you have and don’t worry too much over it. Things that add +1/+2 to your skills are always good, like for eg; Salazar’s Sovereign Blade (any affix combo). Hysteria is a pretty good early game option for Relic, etc.

Thanks a lot, I was relived when I read I could go for Raven since thats where I invested my first five level points + mastery. ^^

Np :smiley:

And yes, that is another way to level. Focusing on the Occultist side and Familiar first. While it can’t tank, the damage the bird can dish out is no joke.

Further tweaking. Now a bit faster and safer.

It comes at the price of having to ally with Barrowholm though :cry:

(On the upside, they make some fine stew)

Great build added to my thread. :wink:

i have 1 question, devotion points, i dont know where to start, where should i put 1 st point in devotion ?

on grimtools i cant see points in crossroads, main circle in the middle where i start, if i put something there total points (on the left side-affinities) later are different when i finish constellation

im missing something or what ?