Random question of the day - What do you reckon are the roses and thorns of patch 1.1.5.0?

Most? Beronath and another one with +1 to all skills got nerfed but what else? I scanned through the updated data of blue items and compared them to not updated grimtools. It seems like more than half of them got flat buffs.

Try virtually all of them except for a few exceptions that choked gear variety in those slots while leveling.

1 Like

Show me just one that is now useful during leveling or endgame, please. All I see is x skill bonus replaced with y skill bonus and z res with w res.

Most of them got increased/added oa, da, health, extra res and better bonuses.

Sphere of many blades got physical resistance of all stats.

Look up Mythical Gorefeast (slight nerf, in my opinion, still very good) and Bloodrite Gauntlets (buffed greatly. Would use them if I wouldn´t need the RR from Unchained for my Trickster).

Just as two examples.

Shouldn´t have posted the storm boss ^^

1 Like

Increased stats and slightly better bonuses doesn’t immediately put these into endgame or even leveling specs. Greens and legendaries leave very little room for blues in my opinion. The only example of a noticeable buff I have is the perdition set and the % retal added. But even this set is not going to replace the sentinel of the three or other endgame retal sets.

Did you actually read the changes?

Of course epics are not gonna replace legendaries and greens, it would be completely backwards for epics to do that.

Doesn’t change the fact that a lot more blues can be used for endgame specs and a lot of them became much better for leveling.

:smirk:

Mythical Signet of Astral Ruminations.

Blue epic rings have quite a lot of good options indeed.

I’ve spent 48 hours trying to confirm this hypothesis. Levelled a new char from scratch and out of 50+ epics, not a single one I could potentially use with ANY of my leveling specs. I also went through a couple dozen my endgame chars and spent some time trying squeeze in any of the reworked blues into these setups. Same result. The only char that got buffed is my classless build lol.

Now, I’m not saying there are no possibilities to use the blues now, but I’m yet to find a single case that would fit into a single build from the ones I have.

Guess I was expecting too much should never get overhyped like that…

A lot of the blues i used to store or outright dismantle or sell became actually useful because of the added res, health and other stats.

Even in several endgame specs i used some of the buffed epics. Rings in particular got really good, a lot of them being outright better than several legendary rings.

Also, leveling one character doesn’t mean much. What epics are useful highly depend on the build you are going for.

For sure. I will keep searching.

Mythical Final March is a part of many, many endgame specs. Guess what? It was buffed.

Also look at Chain of Anguish and some of elemental gloves. There are some BiS generic standalone items in the game among blues now.

It was already part of those specs. Got a bit better, same as vilescorn boots.

It’s not like it’s a mild health/da boost. It’s a new res which makes it more compelling. Sometimes you assemble a build and at some point you have to make huge compromises to fulfill the res requirements - such as giving up a couple of ring augments or ditching prismatic diamond. I had that problem with Final March.

yet final march didnt get toned down for choking item choice during leveling, lol.

It didn’t have to if other items were buffed more. There is a good universal pair of blue boots that gives 50% slow res now, can’t remember the name. And iirc a lot of affixes also got slow res. I don’t think it’s a choking item. When i leveled myself i was using the Homestad green boots for a very long time, they fixed more issues i had. Final March really is more of an endgame item for its slow res paired with phys res and physique which allows cunning/spirit dump.

wasn’t like half the other thread yapping about blue gear not being allowed to be endgame item?!

What are you talking about? I don’t care who was yapping what tbh. And i don’t care for the color of the item. I know good stats when i see them.