Random Question of the day - What was the most memorable death you've suffered in GD?

My most memorable death was from Calla when she just fell down and smashed my char by falling :rofl:

4 Likes

Kaisan’s DB occurs if you kite too far from him.

Which is usually when you’re low. What yiu can do is dash tf away, then use a circuit breaker like mirror or aether cluster

He also telegraphs his attacks by raising his hands above his head, before swinging them down, upon which DB occurs

Who the hell is this Zantarin? :running_man: :boom: :skull_and_crossbones: :fu: :man_in_manual_wheelchair:

An undead nemesis

Sure, he is undead, and as i met him i was undead too, but for real.

1 Like

Zantai’s alter ego. :wink:

For Death’s Vigil, to be more precise.

1 Like

Same gloomwald Keeper of Burrwich (did a fine job keeping the warden /s) boss, normal difficulty, level 45+ ish spaghetti panetti mage hunter (that means not a single point in physique), not-quite-proper resists as I was tailored for the loggy fight.

I was ragdolled over the fence.

Fabius + Notched Bone back in vanilla

Short story, didn’t come back :sweat_smile:

First time I stepped into Elite, looked at my resists and thought “-25% Acid resistance? I can work with that”. Gastris said “no”, many times. Looking back, the funniest part to me now was that I was playing an Occultist.

At one point I was wandering around Plains of Strife and got too close to Loxmere’s spawn, I didn’t spot him immediately between the crowds of Aetherials and green floor. As soon as I saw him in front of me, my health bar took a hefty hit so I tried to dart back and of course right into a clump of 4-5 mines. Instant RIP.

Early Elite, levelling in Lokarr so low armour/no physical resistance. I jumped into a crowd of like 7 Burning Dead and dropped an Inquisitor Seal. The Seal killed them, and I took every on death blast at once. Only time I’ve ever died to something like it.

4 Likes

First char
I was looking at the map and got killed by some trash monsters. Never opened the map without clearing the area again.

Many, many deaths with a Bloody Pox build (with “Fevered rage” boost).

It’s also quite fun in multiplayer, but only when you have a faster / more mobile character than your teammate.

Running away from “boosted” Callagadra is awesome!

At SR release when the spawning wasn’t adjusted, i run a team of 4 for SR 75 and somehow spawned anasteria + Aleksander. His meteor one shotted my physical EOR warlord with 19k HP, and my highest damage received stat got updated to 35k :rofl:

1 Like

Callagadra one shots - full stop!

Of all the deaths listed here, this one takes the prize.

Getting literally curbstomped by a celestial - Death of 2019 IMO.

1 Like

Yeah, Callagadra also takes the prize from me.
Yesterady I started looking for the first piece to unlock new dungeon and I remember there was some kind of altar in the sands so I went there and unlocked this altar without hesitation…while having 44% Pierce resistance.

Two are about equally memorable. Both from playtesting the AoM expansion.

1. “Testing” Ravager for the first time on a clueless caster character with low armor. First time I was ever bloodsplosion’d, and it’d be the only time for a while before the Maggots came out in FG’s secret quest.

2. Dying to bugged crabs in very, very early AoM. A lot. It wasn’t known to me that they were bugged, but what was happening was crabs, when slain, would spawn Riftscourges - those little guys no one cares about in Act 1. However, they’d spawn so many of them and right on top of each other that when they died and dropped their pools of poison, you’d take an incredible amount of damage very rapidly even at capped poison res. Impossibly lethal for melee characters and I racked up dozens of deaths to this issue.
    It’s only memorable, however, because of my response to it. As I said, I didn’t know this was a bug, so I flamed the hell out of the design of these enemies, using language quite unbecoming of a Praetorian. Bless Zantai for his patience with me.
    The crabs were fixed in the next patch so as to die correctly.
    When I write more…ahem…aggressive feedback on these forums, I still think back to those crabs and how needlessly irate I got from them.

I dont remember any of my misfortunes. Death is for the weaklings :smiling_imp:

Hi,
not much of a death for me, but it was still a hit to my ego. Ultimate difficulty, grabbing Ulgrim’s sorry ass (as Sommer called it back in the day) from the Void. He has this stage of “I’m sorry mother, I won’t make it to dinner” bullshit, and then this lovely dialogue option appears. “Hey” I thought “Maybe indeed I will beat some sense into him”.
It required quite a lot of running around (devastation + mortars build), my health in tatters, casting devastation, placing mortar, run away. I managed to, yes. Was so proud of myself I didn’t notice the DoT debuff. I went down all like “HA! Not so tough no–URGH!”

The other one was Crucible, wave 170.
Korvaak + anasteria + dravis combo have put all my failsafes on cooldown in wave 169. What comes out of the gates (or portals, anyway) in 170? Dobue aleksander.
Enough said.

2 Likes

Aleksander is just about the only thing that kills me in campaign these days, and it’s a totally avoidable death each time. Because sometimes his meteor is a big but completely tolerable hit, and sometimes he has an “Aetherfire scepter of fuck your HP” that just glasses you in one shot. It’s like getting a notched bone Fabius, except it’s a 20% chance and you can’t tell until you take the hit.