[Ranged Lightning] Crit Striker - Thunderous Strike Rifle Vindicator

Try to run past mobs in Ancient Grove to get to Vineton - the plant vendor. He has a good chance to sell it
Use something from Kymon’s Chosen in the meanwhile (in hindsight I should’ve mentioned faction choice in the main post :D)

This item is very nice too ! Can be purchased from Malmouth Resitance faction.

Can this build do okay playing with self found gear? I farmed the rifle with my first character so I have that. Do I just look for gear with lightning damage and resistances? and is there a faction preference? Sorry for the newb questions.

Sure
No such thing as a faction preference, just remember not to kill anyone when given the choice

Yeah, forgot about that one. This means Kymon’s Chosen won’t be necessary at all

Hi again! So I am really enjoying this build. I am in elite right now, I beat Loghorrran and moved on to AoM. My DPS is at around 39-30k with buffs. I am stuck on AOM because I cannot beat beat the area in order to proceed to the sewer camp. I also couldn’t beat the Bastion of Chaos either, bosses have too much hp and damage. I messed around with resistances and have most all of them at/above 80% with the exception of stun. I am not sure what to do at this point?

Also I am farming reputation so I can purchase the components you have in the guide, almost have enough . But I don’t know where to get the purple gear you have, do they drop from certain bosses, or is it just they drop anywhere in all difficulties? I have the rifle and upgraded it once I got to elite and bought it from the ancient grove merchant and now I can’t seem to find any that have higher DPS even though I have been looking.

And I see you mentioned the boots are craftable, do you know where, and is the blueprint purchasable?

The purple gear I have are random chance legendaries, the boots blueprint is a random drop as well.

Share a grimtools of your current build and I’ll see if I can help.

Remember, Ultimate Act I is much easier than Elite Act V & VI (ashes of malmouth areas) and doing ashes of malmouth on normal and elite isn’t necessary since the most important quest reward in those areas is Ultimate only.

Here is grim tools. It itsnt exact though, my resistances are higher

edit:
added devotions, added the imp for some reason to be able to add dying god. I don’t have the imp in game. And I was wrong, my DPS is 39-40k. still low

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7MBMyN

do you recommend any gear until I can farm the legendaries? The reason I was staying in elite AoM was because I was trying to unlock the legendary blacksmith so maybe I could craft legendaries, and so I could get my status up with some factions so I could buy the augments you have. But I should just go ahead to ultimate? Gear is difficult for me to decide which to use, some of the ones with large +physical or lightning damage actually lower my DPS. so I end up using random gear with aether damage or something since the DPS goes up.

And I should keep wendigo totem at 5 right? I just feel kinda squishy even with capped resistance

Take this https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7672

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2d5lBGV

Only changed skills and devotions

You’re revered with which factions?

can i invest point to cunning instead of physique?

Nice, been wondering what to do with the MI gun for a long time with its crazy stats and enhancement.

For primal strike, I assume you will need atk speed, is that correct?
And that glove you are using… purely for cunning requirement reduction?

No
Physique first, cunning second

Yes and yes

I decided to do it a bit differently. Not a fan of Dying God leaching on my HP :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR4PzB2

Just realized Kraken has been changed from extra phy dmg to extra health, seems more beneficial to grab it than before. With the extra 20% atk speed from Kraken, I also think it opens up more option on the gun suffix (if somehow manage to get double rare then “of Voracity” or “of the Elements” seems like a good choice too)

Still debating with myself if I need both Chariot and Behemoth. If I ditch Behemoth, then may be I can go for Owl or Spider for extra Cunning and OA/DA. This should also be enough for me to equip the rifle without the Harbinger glove.

Still at level 84 atm, so I will consider the glove again.

So maybe I’m missing something, but how do I wear a gun that requires 572 cunning? I’m left with 376 following this set up religiously. I know it was built in 1.0.4.1 which might be the problem, idk.

Hawk gives -10% cunning req for weapons, the harbinger gloves give another 15%. You need 515 w/o those gloves or 429 with em

That was my problem, I completely forgot about the constellations xD

Well, raka’jax seems to be better than poorly rolled sparkthrower, just saying. I guess that something like charged of alacrity could possibly be better but no luck thus far getting one.

Do runs of the Ancient Grove to check Vinelton if possible. A Charged of Alacrity will turn up sooner or later, they’re fairly common. I might even have 1 lying around that I’ve never used if you want it :wink:

Sorry, mate. I’m very noob and my english is pretty bad. I can’t use that link. I really like this build but I’m a bit lost. Physique, Cunning or Spirit? All Physique?

This build is 1.5y old

I recommend that you study this instead: [1.1.3.1] Lightning 2h Ranged Vindicator, Gladiator in ~ 7 minutes

1 Like