[Ranged Lightning] Crit Striker - Thunderous Strike Rifle Vindicator

Chthon, nice build! Finally we can use PM skill to create fine lightning builds with cool gameplay.

Did you test the build in Crucible? I have crazy idea to try to complete the Crucible with 2H ranged lightning build using Empowered Will of Fate. May be switching to another weaponto be used against some Bosses and Nemesis.

What kind of logic is that? You can’t kite every enemy w/o gimping your kill speed. Iron Maiden is a good example of that, you have to facetank her

Theorycrafted GT link =/= Not proof of a concept

You need to field test it to see the actual difference in performance
Not to mention even on the theorycrafted setup you still have extremely low DA and AS
Even sheet DPS isn’t an accurate indicator of build’s performance at times. AAR builds can get over 200k DPS but they still can’t measure upto some builds with 100k DPS

If I equip those then I have to dump unnecessary points into Cunning. You don’t need 54 points in cunning

Exactly this

Don’t play crucible with every build, so no
Will of Fate isn’t strong enough but I imagine Evoker of Elgoloth Savagery Vindicator should do the trick. I can’t speak for the success rate of Primal Strike Vindicator in the crucible

:smiley:

how about suffix?

I am thinking Skyfallen of Voracity is the best. In this way we can drop the over- usage of seal of blades aura and instead attach a relevant component such as hellbane ammo with electrifying weapons aura on. That way you can remove aura that does not match with the theme of the build! :stuck_out_tongue:

Voracity has low AS too low for 2h, 1h might be fine but here more is needed. Of Fury/Alacrity are boss:cool:

There are other ways outside of Seal of Blades or voracity to get adequate life steal

Skyfallen of Fury is pretty much the best version of Sparkthrower for this build.

I guess I will add it to my To-Do list and will try to test both 2h range builds - Lightning Vindicator and corrupted lightning Druid. :rolleyes:

Praetorians in action! :cool: thanks good sirs! Never want to use seal of blades again! :stuck_out_tongue:

I know you’re joking on the seal of blades part, but it’s still by far the best weapon component right now for weapon damage builds (and even for some pure casters) unless you specifically need the other seals. That armor is so good couple with the lifesteal.

Doesn’t “of Fury” lack the “%total speed” bonus at higher levels, meaning it has less %AS than “alacrity” suffix
Or did I miss something?

Literally the only person who got it right :stuck_out_tongue:

I am using SoB for the Armor and the Pierce Resist, I can easily use Haunted Steel or Hell bane ammo

Use Haunted steel if you want, I wanted more armor so went with this
And the best suffix would be “of alacrity”, I am still unclear as to why “of Fury” is a contender

EDIT:

Okay so “of Fury” has %damage bonus and flat OA. So yeah it’s also a good one but priority is getting lightning prefix

As per GT it has less 3% aspeed, lost its total speed bonus but has increases of 40 OA and 40% + to all damage. I could take either one! :wink:

The other components need a buff. SoB and SoM are still so good. Especially rings components need a buff outside of topaz

If you won’t upload the video, upload a screenshot of crit numbers at least, please :). And what are MQ/Dummy/Fabius kill times?

I am very curious as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

True. Not that the bonuses of the others are bad, but some seem misplaced. Seal of Corruption for example has 3% OA when both aether classes already have vast amounts of OA in inner focus and Master of death. They don’t really need more. Seal of the void gives cast speed and has a WPS as the given skill.

Really?

I think they are fine, besides a few that is.

Don’t think I paid a lot of attention to boss times besides MQ and she was 20-25s I think
Fabius I can’t recall but he got 1 Blade Barrier up before I could kill him. I wanted to kill him before he did that. I’ll search for him again since I only faced him once
In fact while I am at it I might as well do Iron Maiden

I really am tempted to do a video for this particular build though, cause unlike 99% other builds I played so far this one only requires one button for you to delete the screen. On other builds I cast multiple things and have multiple procs but here PS alone deletes the screen (and I fucking love that)

I am still posting new stuff so if I ever do a video it won’t be anytime soon

Dat Curse debuff though is really nice, i’m especially referring to the slow. Youc an stack so much -% slow

@chton. Ruby is shit imo, it’s ok but compared to others not worth the slot. Maybe if it had % burn or duration idk. Bloodied crystal ok-ish. Generally people will keep on using topaz, tainted heards, annihilation, with minor exceptions

if u allow me I will be posting a video of this build, clearing trash and maybe MQ in a day or two unless somebody beats me to the punch :stuck_out_tongue:

My first Primal strike build that is:eek:

I am still trying to contemplate exactly what I can do to stop you:rolleyes: (seriously though, do what you want. Why you need to ask is beyond me :D)

@mad_lee Fabius can’t be killed before a BB
MQ is again most likely 20-25s (didn’t clock this)
Maiden took me longer than Mad Queen cause of her Lightning resist and Menhir. I didn’t clock it

Ah I even forgot it exists. Tbh yeah some could us buffs, bit of extra resists would go a long way
OA is uncommon on ring components so maybe they could add that to Ruby

… Play it and test it, the amount of life stolen is enough to keep u alive even when in hoards, nor always, still kiting, i actually play the build, and can make a video if u want to see.

I forgot to add them in the build calc, u think i could use rakajax even with 300 cunning ? the cunning gives oa…thats why

kiting or kidding ?
(sorry couldnt hold)
seriously, i wont find any better “answer” man
im sorry its like you dont even care about what everyone say and explain to you, seriously…

(and why the hell imeven sorry ?)

Anyway, just tested a bit around your build (Chthon obviously), it feels great, well balanced, and damn thats nice to use primal strike on range, extra kudos for the handguards choice, according to my taste its already in my top ranged chars, if not at the top of it;
that vindicator char i switched will never use dual pistols again :cool: