Re-introduction

Hi everyone, T72on1 from Belgium here.

I joined these forums in September 2015, back when I was playing GD. After that I went back to my old love D2 (like I always do), with a little bit of PoE in the mix.

However, now I’m back for the expansion, and very excited to try it out. I didn’t even get to Ultimate last time, but that’s definitely the intention now. So yeah, really looking forward to all of this (and disappointed to find out the expansion only hits in the evening, while I’m free during the day and not the evening).

Question, while I’m here: is it possible to have a go at my own build, or should I just follow a guide? It’s not necessary this first character is able to steamroll Ultimate, but it should at least be able to make it to that point and maybe have a shot at Ultimate too.

Also, I didn’t really follow the new classes, but am inclined to try those out first, especially the Inquisitor. Any tips as to which skills work best for that class?

Cheers, and thanks. It’s good to be back.

Of course it’s possible to do your own build. It may not work, but that’s part of the fun of trying isnt’ it? And the expansion will bring the possibility to respecc skill/attribute/devotion points if you really screw your chosen class up.

Inquisitor is mainly a ranged combat toon so anything you think will pair well with that. Since most of the passive ranged skills are elemental in nature (Bursting Round: Fire, Chilling Rounds: Cold, Storm Spread: Lightning) other masteries like Arcanist, Shaman, Demolitionist and even Soldier with Cadence’s transmuter can work.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48843&highlight=inquisitor

Necromancer is more poison/vitality/pet based, but can be a lot of fun.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52416

You can use www.grimtools.com to play around with build ideas for both new masteries as well as the current ones.

Actually crafting your own build is a huge part of the fun for me. The few build i copy/pasted are the ones i never play

Ok, thanks guys. I guess I’ll just give it a shot then. Indeed, theorycrafting and then doing it in practice is big part of the fun.

I’ll have to see if the Necro is something for me as well. Right now I’m leaning towards Inquisitor because I don’t like summon based builds, but that’s probably only part of the Necro’s package. I’d better start to do some reading this evening and tomorrow.

Cheers.