Reasonably powerful builds

You make some very good points. Although there are other things that lower DA in that specific build and item set (Seal of Annihilation. Blindside and Mythical Boneshatter Threads’s procs), MA seems somwhat reliable, the debuff is bigger and MA also has all the bonuses from the amulet. Oh well, here I go changing things again :slight_smile:

Finally got my clear time to under 4min, best time is about 3:30 with lucky spawns and modifiers
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64162.
My build shares the same idea with Fluff except it uses a shield, well who says ranged sucks huh :smiley:

Thank you so much Zhuugus for compiling the build!
You are really helping a lot of people like me that are just starting to play the game.
At first I was overwhelmed with the abundant of options of this game. Using one of the build presented here as a start help me to understand the complicated mechanics of this game little by little.

I hope someday I can make a build that are worthy to be presented in this thread. :wink:

Nice! I will try it.
About ranged builds in general: you can see about 15 melee builds here, 15 casters and 2 ranged. Any comments needed?

You’re welcome! Making something worthy is hard, but not impossible. I’ve personally made a build that can rival top ones here (build 16 battlemage). So everything is possible. Good luck!

Hey, there are total 7 ranged builds in the Compendium right now, and I know at least 4 of them can clear Gladitator. So that’s more like nobody loves ranged than they suck :mad:
The class choices are also very limited since it’s pretty much tied to Inquisitor, but the only Pyromancer I’ve seen so far seems to do well too.

Clearing gladiator and farming it efficiently is not the same thing.
Can you please do me a favor and link these 4 builds you mentioned here or PM me? Because I went to the build compendium and my eyes immediately started bleeding from all the rubbish I saw. Reminded me why I made this thread in the first place.

2 of them you already included, you can check out my build and this one http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63371.
The Gladiator version of the Pyro was made by BladeAndShadow, who himself just posted this great build http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65865

Thanks! Looks promising indeed.

Gonna be an huge dick now and probably gonna get a warning but from now on not gonna take anything you say seriously, at least when it comes to builds. Like, nothing all, literally nada.

This is easily one of my most hated elitism attitudes in the entire world.

Yes Iron Maiden is tough. I just came across Blood Sigil of Ch’Thun (non mythical). It gives fire damage and a damage bonus to humans which really helps against Iron Maiden. Perhaps that may help because I think that damage bonus to humans is multiplicative instead of additive.

He says nothing but harsh truth. There are hundreds of builds in GD, but some of them will be weak even if you put all BiS pieces on them (double rare MI’s, perfect roll legendaries, etc). While strong builds (most of those posted in OP) can be more powerful even without BiS items.
Now tell me, how i should call those “builds”, that die to AoM nemesises or Iron Maiden even wit BiS gear? Or even to Marcell in ultimate, sometimes? If they dont deserve to be called “rubbish”, then what does?

All racial damage bonus is multiplicative with other damage bonuses.

He’s pretty much implying that only good builds are the ones that can solo Gladiator Crucible, specially when he asked for builds that can solo it in the same post.

And how many builds in Build Compendium VI fit to this description of yours?

I am one who likes to try stuff, i tried some weird builds and i have to say i don’t agree with the above. If a build ,as you say, can’t clear aom content and/or nemesis even with great gear it means that the build lacks synergy or is just a mess. Even the most “creative” build if properly crafted is viable , could be slow or not the best for farming in terms of efficiency, but definitely not “trash”. Crucible gladiator is another story, being it a stress test it allows a smaller number of options. That is why i’m not a big fan of it.

Thats awesome. I’m happy to see more ranged builds.

I have made a thread so people can rant about Crucible in the Ideas and Feedback forum; please take the bickering there. People are here to view the best of the best, not to hear griping and grandstanding. I have many words to say about how obnoxious some of these posts are, but I must restrain myself so I don’t go off a tirade and make this even more counterproductive.

You do amazing work, Zhuugus. Thank you for personally testing all of these builds, it must be a big chore for you.

You are welcome!

I tried to tell them that they are welcome to have their own opinions and play the game the way they like it.
But those people just loathe every opinion that is not similar to theirs. At least this brings up some juicy discussions!

Yeah! I’m happy too.

Thanks! Grim Dawn brings me a lot of fun these days :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I forgot to include BWC like korsar intended… I’m still learning :slight_smile:

Please consider http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MMO142 instead

Yeah, not missing flat RR seems good :slight_smile:

Hey Zhuugus, I have a build that can clear Gladiator in less than 30 mins. This might be worth testing to see if you can add this to your list. Here’s the link: http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65552