[Rel] Crank It Up mod (+50% base speed and increased speed caps)

tried this mod and now my shared stash is missing along with the transfer all components button on stash
tried to re apply the old files it replaced to no avail
can’t seem to uninstall this mod

Replacing those 2 files from the back-up should definitely work, you must have messed something up. Also it was a very bad idea to even try a hard-mod that’s so out-dated (over 2 years it seems) and changing such important files. Anyway, you can try removing those 2 files

and then using Steam Verify feature which will redownload those files in case you don’t have a back up for them. Not sure about recovering missing Stash but the button we should be able to bring back for sure.

yeah I just reinstalled and it fixed it
anyway I was just looking for a mod that removes the speed caps and this page is the first google result
cant find any other mod that just removes speed cap

Which speed caps would you like removed?

just the 135% cap on run speed honestly
im fine with everything else

[link removed as it’s not up to date]

3 Likes

wow thanks a lot man, it works
maybe u should upload it to Nexus or something for the other new players like me that wants to play vanilla with the speed cap removed
then again this threads works as well since its the first google result for “grim dawn speed cap mod”
thanks again :smiley:

1 Like

No problem, it’s a quick mod once you have everything set up and done it a couple times.

I’d rather have new players think this is the best site for everything and keep it alive till Grim Dawn 2.
Players these days… Facebook, Reddit, Discord, Nexus, Steam, Youtube, Twitch - Official Forum is not good enough for them :laughing:

1 Like

Any advise on how to remove attack speed cap? I’ve been searching everywhere to no avail :frowning:

You could try changing AttackSpeedCapMax below and see it it works:

Hi there! Signed up here just to thank you for this mod. Really helps a lot for grinding. God send.
Thanks again !

Don’t use it, it’s not up-to-date and overwrites a few patches.

Woah didn’t know that. Been using it for 3hours now on lvl 50 character. But i had a backup of the GDX2 file just in case.

I’ve played TQLE so much that i can’t play this game without that movement speed cap removal.
Its so hard to grind with 135% movespeed cap with the time i only have for everyday. Not much.

If i keep using it, Will it break my game?
I’ve encountered 0 issues for now…
I’m using version 1.1.9.6 with all dlc available on steam.

Might try the tool Grim Internals it has a speed buff on it. But be known it speeds up the whole game not just ur char run speed. You might also want to check out the mod “Lightweight mod for speeding up the leveling process”.

1 Like

I think I will make some lighter version of this mod more resilient to updates but probably just the one that sets up your movement speed permanently to some value. Would be nice if it was also configurable :thinking: I’ll try to come up with something

@_JOXEP Would you be willing to learn modding (it’s not difficult) step by step to be able to set minimal run speed to whatever value you want? Your current gdx2.arz overwrites some changes from patches which is not good and is not a way most of us mod the game these days.

1 Like

I understand. Yes please i’m personally willing to learn how to mod GD if you are willing to show me how. Specifically removing my movement speed cap. I haven’t played yet since i’ve read your reply here and i still have my original GDX2.arz file.
It would be a huge help.

I will be reinstalling and updating grim dawn to version 1.1.9 7 right now to get a fresh start.

Have your AM stopped crashing after the update / reinstall?
If so, please do everything described here Setting up Asset Manager
[Script][Basics]Modding Beginner's Guide I - #2 by Elfe
(most of the work I’d say)

Is this mod outdated? I put it in the mods folder like any other mod, but it doesn’t work !!!
What should I do? Change the gdx1 & gdx2 source files outside the Grim Dawn folder ?
Can anyone help me? and if possible let me know how to make it work with other mods, The code does not change the gdx1 & gdx2 files.

This is a very easy thing to mod so I recommend you to learn the basics of modding so that you can mod these things yourself

1 Like

Yeah, I can install these mods and I can do it (because these are normal mods).
But right now I’m having trouble merging the mods together. There are mods I like and I want to use them with my mods.
Thank you for the document you sent me !!!