[REL] Grim UI

you cannot just copy a char over, you need to set the mod-flag in the mod char with some tool

Thatā€™s an oversight on my part in the X-Mod. I need to fix that ASAP.

1 Like

Grim UI: X-Modā€™s X-Character has been updated by removing the Auto Complete Button form the character window background image.

I also added an updated characterwindow.tpl file to the source.zip download.

Thanks to @tippytam for pointing this out. :+1:

2 Likes

Professionalism. Well done sir!

1 Like

I might got confused on how the tick box works.
Thanks for pointing this out. Iā€™ll keep it in mind for future use.

Excellent!
Thank you kind sir! :clinking_glasses:

Edit: How to update the mod?

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome!

Itā€™s the same as the initial install:

• Extract the ā€œGrim UI X-Modā€ folder to ā€œā€¦Grim Dawn\modsā€ (and allow it to overwrite existing files).

• The Grim UI theme is the default UI.

• To use another themeā€™s graphics, extract the ā€œGrim UI X-Mod.arcā€ from the corresponding folder to
    ā€œā€¦Grim UI X-Mod\resourcesā€.

1 Like

Thanks again for guiding me. I thought updating it was tedious :joy: :beers:

1 Like

Hi - If i want to use this app for GD-AoM-FG and the resources add-on for windows text and the expanded windows mod (for Illusionist, blacksmith and so) is there a single zip file that includes all of these, or do I need to down load all of the following and set them up individually ?

• GrimUI,
  • GrimUI Malmouth,
  • Grimui Forgotten,
  • Codex Window zip and
    GrimUI X-mod

Iā€™m assuming I can set them all up in the same directory (i have not read the setup instructions yet as you can probably guess). Thanks !

Oh and is GrimUI X-mod considered a game mod or is it part of the vanilla GD-AoM-FG set. I have all 3 but not sure I want to go mod yet as I have not completed vanilla Ultimate yet.

These here:

ā€¦are themes that do affect the base (Main Campaign) game. They go in either your Settings folder in the local save location or the Settings folder in the games installation folder. Either location can be used freely.

The X-mod is indeed a ā€œmodā€ tho and goes in the mod folder - the only thing modded tho is the Stash and ā€œthemeā€, otherwise itā€™s regular old GD.

If you just want the themes and want to play with the themes affecting non-custom games then thatā€™s what you want to go with. Just extract your chosen theme into the Settings folder. You can only use one of the theme versions at any given time. You would not extract all 3 versions at once as they would simply overwrite each other in turn.

Thanks. The x-mod creates larger inventory stashes which is great. Looking at the caravan mod as well.
Are stash sizes in each the same or does one have a larger storage size than the other. I kinda assume they are equal and itā€™s just resolution options that are different but not sure. if same then might as well stick with the x-mod unless there is a compelling reason not to ?

Yup Iā€™m pretty sure that his version does in fact use the Caravan mod so you wouldnā€™t really be losing anything or missing out by sticking with X-mod if thatā€™s what you want.

You can only use one theme and mod at a time.

The ā€œCodex Window Selected Text Color.zipā€ will only work if you merge these files with a mod you are making.

There is no all-in-one download.

You canā€™t set everything up in the same directory.

So if I follow you I can use GrimUI Forgotten and GrimUI X-mod for the theme and stash mods. Codex Window would have been nice but I donā€™t have it in me to build mods, at least not yet.

You are correct. The X-Mod does include itā€™s own Forgotten UI theme file, as well as files for the other themes.

Just completed the setup of the GrimUI X-mod. Works perfectly ! I noticed though that when I copied a character in to the user sub-directory, under the save directory, that the shared stash did not come across with it. Which file/folder is the shared stash a part of and is it possible to move this across ?

Iā€™m guessing it is part of the worldmap file so maybe Iā€™m SOL, but I really hope it can be migrated somehow. Apologies Iā€™m asking something that has already been asked and answered. I couldnā€™t find anything in this thread so far

Iā€™m glad the install went well. :+1: I hope you enjoy the mod (and theme, if youā€™re using one).

As far as the shared stash (transmutes and blacksmith recipes) go, these are mod specific. Pretty much SOL, unfortunately ā€¦ well, in my experience with them anyways.

Iā€™m using GrimUI X-mod with what looks like UI Forgotten Gods. No other mods yet like RoT. Baby steps here ā€¦ :smile: I did install reshade but I can tell if it made any difference :thinking: but that could be because Iā€™v no idea what to do with it after the actual install :upside_down_face:

I wonder if I can copy the stash using GDStash. I couldnā€™t figure if y/n with a quick look but Iā€™ll post in that thread. I really hate the thought of not being able to use stuff in there. I have quite a few legendaries and the extra stash space is one of the reasons I picked GrimUI up (yes I could go with GDStash but I want to have copies in that, not move items completely to it so ā€¦).

1 Like

In case anyone else needs to know - was able to copy the vanilla shared stash file - transfer.gst into the GrimUI mod sub-directory under save directory. This enables you to have the same shared stash as you do in the vanilla game. You can then link that within GDStash and all the shared items will appear (GDStash has the same storage size as the UI mod !). This replaces the original mod transfer.gst, but given that is usually blank that works for me.

The other file people may want to copy over (into same direcrtory) is formulas.gst. This contains all the blueprints found.

The only file you canā€™t copy over is Transmutes, which are all items found at the Illusionist.

1 Like

I hadnā€™t considered using GDStash. After reading what you posted in that thread, it looks like that was a great idea! :+1: This olā€™ dog learned a new trick ā€¦ nicely done, sir!

Thank you for posting your findings back here. I really appreciate that! :+1: