[REL] Grim UI

That should not happen… you did include all the Grimarillion dbr files, right ? Did you get any error messages from AssetManager ?

The errors would not really explain the missing items, but would need addressing regardless, as they would cause other issues.

I did change the name for testing purposes, I know that would cause it to make a new save folder for that mod and the .gst files, but then I loaded it up by replacing the unedited Grimarillion which is what caused the items to poof.

Yeah, I included all the files, when compiling it at the end it did mention 17 errors, but it didn’t say what they were and it said 0 warnings. The merchants from Grimarillion are still there and I was able to craft an item with one. Odd though, the amulet I’m wearing had a gem from Grimarillion in it and neither it or the gem were removed from my inventory.

The only reason (I am aware of) for an item to get deleted is if it (i.e. its dbr file) does not exist in the mod you are currently playing while it existed in the mod you were playing before and got the item in.

So I am not sure why you would lose an item if you included all dbrs. Maybe there is something else that broke and can be linked back to those error messages.

I assume most are about missing some template like the expanded skill tree template. Add that template to the templates dir you extracted the GD sources to when setting up AssetManager, not to the mod dir, and then build the mod again.

You can download it (and some other templates you do not need…) here

I copied all of the unpacked files from Grimarillion’s .arz file over, so I dunno what caused it. Items from the mod can be crafted and are dropping, so /shrug

edit: Hrm, it seems there is an issue though, new items are appearing like this:

edit 2: Weird, just unpacking Grimarillion and repacking it without editing anything and items still show up like that picture. I still get the 17 errors 0 warnings message when repacking the unedited stuff. This also seems to just be affecting D3 themed items, items based on TQ show the proper skill modifiers

See the last part of my previous post, you need the expanded skill tree template

Just skilltree_expanded.tpl? What about the ingameui/skillswindow.tpl and templatebase/skillmanager.tpl ?

You do not need the others, I used them for my mod, but Grimarillion does not need them.

Yeah, seems like I got everything running properly nows, sans my missing items. Thanks guys.

Really wish they’d just expand the vanilla crafting window, I don’t get why it’s so small. Also wish you could jump to components / other relics you need to make when doing combines by clicking on them.

I ended up with a new toon for the mod :pensive:.
The toon that I copied from the main game doesn’t save it’s progress.

I’m having an issue with the “complete components” button in the inventory.
I can’t click it. It’s just a UI. No press animation when I click it. :pensive:

you cannot just copy a char over, you need to set the mod-flag in the mod char with some tool

That’s an oversight on my part in the X-Mod. I need to fix that ASAP.

1 Like

Grim UI: X-Mod’s X-Character has been updated by removing the Auto Complete Button form the character window background image.

I also added an updated characterwindow.tpl file to the source.zip download.

Thanks to @tippytam for pointing this out. :+1:

2 Likes

Professionalism. Well done sir!

1 Like

I might got confused on how the tick box works.
Thanks for pointing this out. I’ll keep it in mind for future use.

Excellent!
Thank you kind sir! :clinking_glasses:

Edit: How to update the mod?

1 Like

You’re welcome!

It’s the same as the initial install:

• Extract the “Grim UI X-Mod” folder to “…Grim Dawn\mods” (and allow it to overwrite existing files).

• The Grim UI theme is the default UI.

• To use another theme’s graphics, extract the “Grim UI X-Mod.arc” from the corresponding folder to
    “…Grim UI X-Mod\resources”.

1 Like

Thanks again for guiding me. I thought updating it was tedious :joy: :beers:

1 Like

Hi - If i want to use this app for GD-AoM-FG and the resources add-on for windows text and the expanded windows mod (for Illusionist, blacksmith and so) is there a single zip file that includes all of these, or do I need to down load all of the following and set them up individually ?

• GrimUI,
  • GrimUI Malmouth,
  • Grimui Forgotten,
  • Codex Window zip and
    GrimUI X-mod

I’m assuming I can set them all up in the same directory (i have not read the setup instructions yet as you can probably guess). Thanks !

Oh and is GrimUI X-mod considered a game mod or is it part of the vanilla GD-AoM-FG set. I have all 3 but not sure I want to go mod yet as I have not completed vanilla Ultimate yet.

These here:

…are themes that do affect the base (Main Campaign) game. They go in either your Settings folder in the local save location or the Settings folder in the games installation folder. Either location can be used freely.

The X-mod is indeed a “mod” tho and goes in the mod folder - the only thing modded tho is the Stash and “theme”, otherwise it’s regular old GD.

If you just want the themes and want to play with the themes affecting non-custom games then that’s what you want to go with. Just extract your chosen theme into the Settings folder. You can only use one of the theme versions at any given time. You would not extract all 3 versions at once as they would simply overwrite each other in turn.

Thanks. The x-mod creates larger inventory stashes which is great. Looking at the caravan mod as well.
Are stash sizes in each the same or does one have a larger storage size than the other. I kinda assume they are equal and it’s just resolution options that are different but not sure. if same then might as well stick with the x-mod unless there is a compelling reason not to ?