[REL] Grim UI

Grim UI: X-Mod has been updated for the 1.1.8.1 patch:

• Updated the gameengine.dbr file.
2 Likes

I just downloaded your mod and it really adds to the atmosphere of the game.

1 Like

Can the Grim UI X-Mod be used together with Dawn of Masteries? I want the get the clean look.

No two mods can be used together, they would need to be merged. That being said, DoM already includes Grim UI X-Mod, so all you would need to do is place the theme you want to use in the settings dir.

Also, you can download a version of Grim UI adjusted with the DoM Mod Support from the DoM Nexus page and put the theme from that into settings instead of merging the parts (Grim UI, X-Mod, Grim UI DoM Mod Support) yourself.

1 Like

I understand how to get the regular UIā€™s working. The ones you put in the settings Menu. But I cannot get the X-Mod version to work, I take it this is the clean modern looking UI.

Not sure what you mean by clean modern UI, itā€™s the same theme / skin as the ones you already used, but with a larger stash and some other screen changes.

If you want to use it together with DoM, download the zip from the DoM Nexus page, decide which theme to use and copy that one to settings, same as you apparently did for the regular Grim UI already.
Itā€™s not conceptually different, itā€™s just more filesā€¦

If you want to use it without DoM, you need to use the Grim UI X-Mod as a mod.

This is what I mean.

That is the standard / vanilla UI for X-Mod, which is what DoM uses by default.

So now I do not understand why you wrote

unless you have never taken a look at DoMā€¦

Updated the Dawn of Masteries UI with the Sparker mastery graphics.

Class Selection

3 Likes

Grim UI: X-Mod has been updated for the 1.1.9.0 patch:

4 Likes

ā€¦ Rainbow filter - checkā€¦ Grim Internals - checkā€¦

GrimUI-X?? - CHECK :smiley:

Thanks man!

1 Like

LOL

No problem! Iā€™m glad you still enjoy it!! :metal:

Is there any way to use Grim UI X Mod with Dawn Of masteries mod ? I can select only one mod at a time in Grim Dawn Custom Game. Tried Mod Merger from GitHub too to merge these two mods but didnā€™t work. I am very new in this Grim Dawn Community. Thanks in advance.

DoM already effectively IS GrimUI X-Modā€¦ and more. The only thing GrimUI X-Mod is, is the base game with a modified UI and stash.

Furthermore, if you go to the Nexus download, or the Moddb, for DoM, it appears he has an alternate download specifically for it.

1 Like

Grim UI: X-Mod has been updated for the 1.1.9.1 patch:

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping this updated JMD!

1 Like

Youā€™re very welcome, sir!

How difficult would it be to give the quest journal straight edges on all sides instead of the torn paper edging?

The journal is currently my biggest concern with the vanilla UI design as I find the background behind the text makes it hard to read the text and itā€™s such a text heavy UI. Your Grim UI design looks to greatly improve contrast which is awesome, just not a fan of the torn page edge.

Not too difficult, however, Iā€™m not going to change it. I actually tried it with straight edges early on and didnā€™t really care for it. I do thank you for using Grim UI though!

Would you be willing to make such a thing for my personal use (just the journal paper background)? Perfectly fine to say no of course.