[REL] Grim UI

I wouldn’t expect any noticeable issues unless they changed something such as when they added the search function.

My reason for being cautious is the gameengine.dbr affects quite a few things and if a patch contains a change, you’d be missing it. That’s why I always update at least that file whenever Crate puts out a patch.

Other than adding the version number to the character window image, for example, no. That could also cause confusion for those that have included the X-Mod with their mod as well.

1 Like

Hello. I have a screen resolution of 1280x720. I play from the laptop. The storage interface does not fit. Thank.

then don’t use the mod. It literally is a mod to expand the storage space, it’s not like it has tons of other stuff you would want to use but the expanded storage is getting in the way… try one of the other expanded storage mods and check if they fit your screen, this one might

Or can you fit it into your resolution by scaling down the UI (see the Video Options)?

It doesn’t scale down this far, he already is at the minimum size I believe

Can’t wait for the 1.1.7.2 update of your mod JMD!! :+1:

1 Like

Done, sir!

Grim UI: X-Mod has been updated for the 1.1.7.2 patch:

• Replaced the gameengine.dbr file to ensure any updates are not missed.
1 Like

Was there really a fix needed or is that just the consequence of you storing the GD version number in one file, so that one file is now always getting updated ?

I assume the latter, just like for 1.1.7.1 which also had no real change. So maybe it is worth thinking about whether storing that number is important enough to keep doing so, thereby ‘requiring’ updates for each GD release.

As I’ve stated a few times in the past, I always update at least the gameengine.dbr file whenever there’s an official update. This is to make sure that I don’t miss any change(s) that may have occurred. And no, my adding the current GD version number to it doesn’t count. :wink:

I’ll start adding a change log to each update post so that things are clear. This will let folks, such as yourself, decide if they want to update or not.

I take it you do that every time, even when there was no change to gameengine.dbr instead of checking whether there was a change.

Yes, that’s exactly what I do.

A few years ago, I overlooked a gameengine.dbr change on my personal mod following an update. I decided then and there that I would just replace it each and every time. This way I’m guaranteed not to miss anything and it’s also a time saver.

1 Like

I’m using the latest 1.1.7.2 game. Should I download all three Grim UI , Grim UI: Malmouth & Grim UI: Forgotten or just Grim UI would be enough?

That really depends on if you like all three but, you can only use one at a time. I would recommend you take a look at the screen shots for each UI and make a decision based on that.

Grim UI: X-Mod has been updated for the 1.1.8.0 patch:

• Updated the gameengine.dbr file.
2 Likes

@JMD Hi JMD, I have such a question. Could you create a Diablo 2 style UI? In our “Reign of Terror” mode, this UI is very much missing, a lot of players would greatly appreciate such work. I apologize for the translation, I communicate via the translator. :wink: Your work is really beautiful. :slight_smile:

First, welcome to the forums!

Second, to answer your question, I think someone is already working on a Diablo 2 style UI for the RoT mod. I don’t know what the status on it is but no, I won’t be making one.

I’m flattered that you asked and thank you for your kind words!

Updated the Dawn of Masteries UI with the Runemaster graphics.

1 Like

JMD, my friend, update for 1.1.8.1? :smiley::+1:

1 Like

There really is no need for one…

*nods in approval /10char