[REL] Grim UI

So you switched the location of inventory and bags, resulting in a tiny inventory and oversized bags?

That basically doubles the storage over what we have now, if you keep the char stats the same size as they are today (so your 2nd pic)

EDIT: so your other pics are now showing too, I like them, wished the ruined shrine / desecrated shrine could extend the background image instead of adding so much black, but other than that, it’s great

EDIT 2: will be a bit of a pain though for users of the current Grim UI X-Mod to switch over as they will need to rearrange most of their items due to the inventory / bag size & layout :wink:

Thanks! Currently the mod is ready. I play it on 1.1.9.1 without any problems. I can upload you all source files right now. All you need to make new versions for any patch is to change 4 lines in one file for proper inventory coordinates (you know).
I have GOG-version of the game and I can’t make fast updates unfortunately. If you are ready, I’ll send files for you. All I need - just some credits in description and one note about free distribution. Something like this:

Feel free to use this mod in any projects you’re working on so long as they are not for profit and (or) for donations of any kind.

I must clear information about another file - modification with information priority. Both versions have big backpacks. But one of them have huge backpacks.
I play the game with this version (with information priority). And I cleared Ancient Groove with ALL items placed in my backpacks.
And I also use small main inventory for components.

Exactly.

By the way, sometimes I use both versions - in this case I have the chance to change the size of the backpacks whenever I need. For example, before entering an area with rich loot, I can install “Pack Rat” version. And after I sell the loot to merchants, I exit the game and install “Strategist” (information) version. The game saves are compatible.

Mod contains right now:
Mega expanded backpack + standard information tab (“Pack Rat” version with storage space priority)
Expanded backpack + mega expanded information tab (“Strategist” version with information priority)
And in both versions:
Expanded Smuggler stash
Expanded Illusionist window
Expanded Factions relations window
Expanded Notes and Help windows
Expanded Crafting window
Expanded Inventor window (cosmetic change, functionality is the same as in original game)
Expanded Vendor and Faction vendor windows (cosmetic change, items quantity is the same as in original game)
Enlarged windows for all varieties of shrines (cosmetic change, items quantity is the same as in original game)
Expanded text margins (in some cases) - made specifically for some localizations
High quality graphic design with original game style
All lines and cells are properly aligned

About black colour on the screens with ruined shrine / desecrated shrine - they are not black :slight_smile:
All images have high quality graphic. You see just low quality edition for this forum.

1 Like

Yeah, if you’re willing to share the files with me right now, I’ll take them. And if you do so privately, they’ll stay that way as they’re your files.

I have the Steam version so “quick” updates would be no problem, so let me know how I can help.

I’m not really sure what do with my X-Mod at this point. I don’t want to merge the two together and then you release yours later. I’d rather see one mod comprised of the most popular items. Thoughts from anyone on this is appreciated.

First off, do you intend to then add your themes to whatever the combined version would be, or is this the end of the road for them?

Second I believe the smuggler is essentially the same size, so either one is not much of an issue, it just has to match whichever inventory/bag version you end up using.
The same would be true for inventor and blacksmith, so this really only leaves the Illusionist as an independent choice imo.

If you want to take over the shrine and merchant changes then the inventory has to align, no idea how close the two really are or whether this means either going with front210’s inventory or adjusting those screens to JMD’s inventory - and whether this implicitly will be the deciding factor as one option already exists.

I am kinda unsure which inventory version I prefer. The upside to JMD’s is that it is familiar to everyone as it is pretty similar to GD and does not need items to be rearranged when switching over, as every container is bigger than vanilla. The upside of Front210’s is more storage space.

As for me, I do not demand to change your principles and outlook on Grim Dawn modding. I only have my own point of view on what I wrote above. The rest is your choice.

See PM for download link, please.
Also I sent you some bonus which I have not mentioned.

For what it is worth, I like the JMD blacksmith better, esp. if it now could be expanded in height to match the new inventory height. More recipes to see = better. The only thing I would change is I would put the blueprints on the left and the UI on the right, less distance to travel when slotting in the ingredients / taking out the item.

As to the Illusionist that can go either way for me. I like the unusual screen design of the Front210 version, I also like the familiarity of the JMD version :wink: If I have to make a call, I’d go with Front210 for displaying more items per page.

Finally @Front210, just release the mod already, sounds like it is done :wink: There are no changes to records/game or records/ui between 1.1.9.1 and 1.1.9.2, so you should be good.

Yes, it’s done. Both versions + source files are gone to JMD.
By the way, I successfully merged it with Dawn of Masteries. :wink:

Ha, please send me the sources plus that integration, saves me the trouble of looking into it :smiley:

I understand, man. I’m just trying to find the best solution for what the community would like to see while being respectful of each other’s work.

That is great, thank you! I can’t wait to check it out!

Yes, I fully intend on creating UI theme support. In fact, that’s my biggest reason for trying to find a solution. It’s quite a bit of work making 3 - 4 UI’s per window.

I can change my blacksmith to this as I really like the idea!

I had plans to add 1-2 more rows to the transmuter.

Do you want those to stay private?

Do that, as I said, more items per page = better to me

Yep, I agree.

I think that the best solution for everyone would be to make one mod instead of going parallel paths in one direction again. So keep the sources private. I will take your decision on the future design. I think to send that files+dom merge files only to mamba, not for the distribution of sources.

Yes, I agree and that’s why I’m going to discontinue Grim UI: X-Mod. I’ll keep it updated, if necessary, until your mod releases and then remove it completely.

I’ll be glad to collaborate with you as well as create Grim UI theme support for your mod, if you like. Other than that, I’m pretty excited to see what happens next!

i would like the word “our” to be used in relation to this mod as a whole. Of course, if you’re going to do something with it. And everyone knows what you’re going to, right? :wink:

I am glad to hear it. And I’m sure, everyone who knows about Grim UI will not give up on well-known Grim UI themes.
How can I help, can we discuss such issues in personal mail?

2 Likes

I certainly appreciate that, man.

Yes, please.

As with every new patch (FINALLY), I await your update sir.

• Honestly, I’d be totally content with the 1.1.9.1 version with the updated arz - as per the usual.

:+1:

1 Like

Done, sir!

Grim UI: X-Mod has been updated for the 1.1.9.2 patch:

• Updated the gameengine.dbr file.
1 Like

I’m working on getting the new UI mod together that @front210 and I are collaborating on. In an effort to put out the most popular elements, I’m asking for input on what those might be.

Here are the two options for the character window. One has increased bag size, the other an increased inventory. Which one do you prefer?

Character windows

Bags

Inventory

• Bags
  • Inventory

0 voters

4 Likes