[REL] Grim UI

Well, based on the poll results, the larger bags will be the standard in the new X-Mod. Thank you very much to everyone that voted!

I see that patch 1193 is coming out today, however, I will not be updating Grim UI X-Mod for it. There’s no need as the newer, collaborated version of the X-Mod will be releasing soon, with this latest update, if necessary. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Any chance we could still get the original Grim UI X-Mod patched to 1.1.9.3 pleaseeee?

(I only ask cuz it seems like such a simple/easy thing for you update and me personally, I’m totally content with the mod as-is…)

MANY THANKS MY FRIEND!!

… You could call it Grim UI X-Mod (OG edition) or something ha

1 Like

it needs no patch, it probably hasn’t needed one since 1.1.6.x at a minimum. JMD just is extra careful and makes the same changes to the new files, even when those files have not actually changed (to be certain he did not miss a vanilla change).

2 Likes

As @mamba said, there’s no need to update it as nothing changed with the patch that would affect the mod.

It’s fairly easy to update and I considered maintaining the original version, however, the newer one is going to have two versions as it is … I really don’t want to maintain 3, to be honest.

“OG edition” :laughing:

2 Likes

I assume it would really be just one screen, the char inventory, where a different version might be needed / makes a difference

Yes, correct.

@lqdhorror - I’ll maintain the original version for the time being, sir. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1: :slight_smile:

TY sir!

1 Like

The new Grim UI X-Mod is officially released!

A HUGE thank you to @front210 for his fantastic work, relentless attention to detail and awesome ideas on this new and improved version of the X-Mod! I’m very glad that he decided to make this a collaboration with me and we’re excited to get it out!

This X-Mod has two versions: “Hoarder” and “Strategist”. Full details are in the OP but, one favors space and the other information.

The “Original” version is still available, but will only be updated with official patches, if necessary.

The X-Mod comes with the Vanilla UI as the default. I’ll provide Grim UI theme support in the future.

And here we go… :crossed_fingers:

EDIT 1 You can expect some inventory issues. Because the inventory and bags have switched, you may have items that you can’t click on, etc. This is usually solved by an autosort, however, my advice is to empty your character bags and inventory (into your smuggler’s stash) before installing the mod. This is what happened to me during testing and how I fixed it.

5 Likes

Thank you for the continued updates/support good sir!!

1 Like

You, sir, are very welcome!

Btw, thanks for having the default set to Vanilla UI - one less step for me now :wink:

1 Like

No source files for OG version anymore? I just deleted the old files stored in my computer, now what i do, really bad luck.

The mod is easily extracted, so I don’t plan on maintaining source file downloads anymore.

Yeah, already done it, but the old ones have more clear instrctions, easy for new learners, kinda pity, the fun part is i thought i was going to download new ones and straight up removing the old ones immediately, and found out there is no sauce no more. DAYMN.

*Decided to bite the bullet and go with the Hoarder version

Twas a bit of a pain to move everything around to ensure I didn’t lose anything, but looks DARN solid my friend :+1: :+1:

• I HOPE Mamba incorporates the Hoarder edition into DoM *nudge, nudge :slight_smile:
1 Like

It’s already in, just not released yet :wink:

Now that all screens are so huge I’ll take another stab at the char selection screen I guess. I had a larger version a while ago and gave up on that to be compatible with the Grim UI themes, but I think I should bring it back. No fan of not having any mastery descriptions…

1 Like

Please do not release a new version yet - I found a small error in one of the windows and sent a request for its confirmation to JMD. If this is confirmed, a fix is ​​possible soon.

1 Like

No need anymore, i’ve merged the strategist version for a try, turns out it’s better suited to my liking, no need to alter files anymore, the bag size looks much reasonable now, and reduce the size back to normal will lose me lots of character info. Benn played around for a hour and it’s fine.
I’m curious about the error, wish it’s nothing vital.

X-Mod Strategist is fixed. We had missed the path change for it’s codex window textures, but it’s good to go now.

Does this mean the original is ready to be put out to pasture?

I plan on maintaining theme support for DoM, so I’ll keep an eye on what you do. It may take me a little while to get it done, but it’ll get done.

1 Like

I’m not the painter, merely an admirer good sir…

1 Like