[REL] Grim UI

Now I remember another reason why I got rid of it, it has the same size as the skill window of the char, so that gains pointless extra space. Guess I leave it as it is after all :wink:

Oh yes, I remember something about that as well, now that you mention it.

If Iā€™m not using Dawn yet, but I install the Strategist version, is there something Iā€™d have to do if I wanted to add Dawn for future runs?

First, welcome!

If I understand you correctly, then no, nothing more than just selecting that mod. However, if Strategist is not merged with it, then youā€™ll have some character bag issues. Nothing that canā€™t be fixed though.

And here I thought I had found a solution by making the background image work for two sizes, the larger one for the mastery selection, the smaller one / larger ā€˜frameā€™ for the skill allocation. All that was needed was to add an offset for the latter - or so I thoughtā€¦

but then it turns out that while the bitmap uses the offset, everything else does not and needs to be adjusted individually

:crazy_face: not gonna bother with that. Hereā€™s to hoping that Crate figures out / agrees that if you have an offset you should use it for everything, not just the background image, otherwise I stick to the vanilla size I guess

Yep ā€¦ what a shame as that was looking really good too!

Perhaps if Crate would separate all of the windows, with a few exceptions like the Inventorā€™s 3 (I hate that the crafter is part of that one). That would solve problems like this too, in my opinion.

Or that, have the skill allocation and mastery selection not share one size and background image (and set of buttons). That would work too.

Heck, ideally both would be the case as to me having a universal offset based on the background position is still so much better :wink: How likely is it that the background has an offset while what is being displayed ā€˜on top of itā€™ stays in the old positionā€¦

Yes, but do that for (almost) everything ā€¦ with a few exceptions of course. Thatā€™s what I meant by separate earlier.

I certainly agree with youā€¦

Finally, found the offsets I was looking for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great work guys .
Can you tell me how you made the tex files for the settings folder ?
Had a big break from modding and now i want to learn how to create ui files that do not ned to be built using AM .
I want to change bassic stuff like health and mana potions/bars, constelations , mastery window ā€¦ etc .

Working Project

Knowing how to create visual elements that can be placed in settings will help me a lot .

they are being created with AM, you just do not distribute the arc but the individual files

I meanā€¦ You can create new textures without the AMā€¦ if you already know the correct path structures (and filenames) to place them beforehand. Itā€™s easy to create the tex files with the provided command line tools. I taught myself fairly easily how to convert to and from tex using just those.

Just dive into GrimUIā€™s theme folders to see what all files he changed. Other than that learning to use the cmd tools should be the extent of it.

1 Like

Any chance of adding a search bar to our inventory(bag)? Search bar is everywhere. We can filter everything except what we carry.

Is X-Mod compatible with Item Assistant?

I already did that at first , saw the tex option in AM when creating the assets and in my head i thought that creating as tex and after that to copy from the resources folder will suffice but it did not work . Did it once with all the tex variants and had no result . Maybe i am missing something

Iā€™m interested.

I use the Asset Manager.

No, we donā€™t have the ability to add search bars.

Iā€™ve never used Item Assistant, but I donā€™t see why it wouldnā€™t work. Try asking itā€™s author though.

Sounds like you copied the files from the ā€œassetsā€ folder and those arenā€™t what you want, as you discovered. Those only tell the Asset Manager what and where to build. After you create the assets, build the mod. The files you want can be found in the modā€™s ā€œresourcesā€ folder, located in ...Grim Dawn\mods\YourMod.

1 Like

Most likely it is how you say , did not bothered to try the tex files from the resources folder because i assumed they are the same at that moment.

Thank you all

records\ui\skills\classcommon\skills_classpanelconfiguration.dbr
panePosX,19,
panePosY,52,

records\ui\skills\classselection\skills_classselectiontable.dbr
panePosX,19,
panePosY,52,

1 Like

Ah-ha ā€¦ nice to know. Thank you, sir!

Any chance of making a thread on here for your project? Interested in seeing, weary of implementing!

And JMD, thanks for all your help. After a lot of time trying to fix things between updates, the crucible custom char fix now works. You put a lot of time in to me and I appreciate it. Iā€™ve got no idea why it wouldnā€™t just work out the box like yours!

Thankfully I donā€™t have to navigate inside those files like you doā€¦ but Iā€™m intrigued. :grinning:

Just to clarify, if Iā€™m using X-mod strategist, do the provided files somewhere contain the 2560 resolution files, or are they yet to come? I liked it when the boxes were small, and I assume that was why.

Iā€™m really impressed with your work here, and the new collaboration.

In terms of content, a search box would be incredible, but I know you said that would be stepping into dev territory and altering the actual game itself, so that answers your earlier question Iā€™m afraid. @cosminkz

Iā€™d love the Grim/Malmouth UI, itā€™s a lot more fitting than the current UI.

Also, higher resolution would be great. I loved the smaller boxes.

In terms of @front210 and his additions, Iā€™d love to see a notification that I already have an item, and how many I actually have, in the popup when you hover over an item. Sometimes Iā€™ve bought things twice, and this would resolve that.

Anyway, again, thanks for the amazing work on this. I look forward to seeing the updates.

1 Like

Speaking of Crucible and Grim UI -

Iā€™ve been meaning to mention this but wasnā€™t sure where the ā€œfaultā€ liesā€¦

I noticed when playing Crucible via Grim Internals /w Grim UI, that when it comes time to collect loot - it seems Iā€™m restricted to the ā€œstandardā€ bag slots. (Meaning I canā€™t take advantage of the additional allotted space like I can in the campaign)

Now, maybe this has changed recently but I felt it was worth pointing out etc.

Thanks as always JMD, you da man! :+1:

1 Like