[REL] Grimarillion v90d

First off,I want to thank the team who created this mod.This and Reign of Terror are the best mods for Grim Dawn(in my own opinion).Now,I got a question:Are you going to add Rune mastery to the TQ classes?Or at least considered this?

Iā€™ll change the shield smack ability (unlocked at level 11) to ā€œchargeā€ to targets. Iā€™ll lower the unlock rank to 5 as well.

Ok well, not sure attack speed is needed atm, I will boost the movement speed but the Nymph needs something other than an attack speed increase to make her a ā€œgoodā€ pet.

I donā€™t think pets can target pets, not sure this is possible. Instead Iā€™ll add a regen aura to the Kodama that only heals the players pets.

ā€¦

That said, Iā€™m back home and now that the dust from grimerā€™s D3 patches have settled (i hope) Iā€™ll slowly be working on it over the next week. Iā€™m on break from work, as is the family so I will be spending more time with them than modding. Good things come to those who wait, I hope it applies here :rolleyes: Happy New Years everyone!

Greetings. I am here to notify you that Bone golem + Blood golem upgrade of D3 necromancer will crash the game upon summoning the blood golem. That is all.

Any chanсes for version of compilation without Zenith part?
They seems too much OP against another masteries and against base game difficulty.
I really love this compilation, except all about Zenith part.

Iā€™ll change the shield smack ability (unlocked at level 11) to ā€œchargeā€ to targets. Iā€™ll lower the unlock rank to 5 as well.

The shield bash ability is wonderful. In fact, that along with the visual changes to the skellies as they level is one of the best parts of the Spirit pets. Iā€™d rather forgo charge than lose shield bash :).

Ok well, not sure attack speed is needed atm, I will boost the movement speed but the Nymph needs something other than an attack speed increase to make her a ā€œgoodā€ pet.

Agreed. Nature is great as a support class with the auras and Kodama, but the pets leave something to be desired. The wolves do become decent once they have a lot of points invested, but I Iā€™ve been spoiled by Spirit where the pets gain skills through investing in their main skill. The wolves could use a bit of love in comparison. Perhaps move the bite skill to the main skill and unlock at rank 8? The nymph struggles even with both skills maxed. Replacing her passive upgrade with an aura ability that adds flat DA and Acid damage would fit the nature theme and give her some utility.

I donā€™t think pets can target pets, not sure this is possible. Instead Iā€™ll add a regen aura to the Kodama that only heals the players pets.

Love it!

ā€¦

That said, Iā€™m back home and now that the dust from grimerā€™s D3 patches have settled (i hope) Iā€™ll slowly be working on it over the next week. Iā€™m on break from work, as is the family so I will be spending more time with them than modding. Good things come to those who wait, I hope it applies here :rolleyes: Happy New Years everyone!

Your changes to Spirit have me hooked so waiting is easy :). The new aura opens a whole new gameplay style that is a refreshing change for the mastery. The damage component draws a lot of threat, but the resist reduction is hard to pass up. It leads to a much more active play style. Great change!!!

Known issue.

Sorry, not gonna happen. If I do this, next Iā€™m going to get a request to have Grim Quest or Diablo 3 masteries removed as well and I have no interest in creating a dozen different versions of Grimarillion.

Well you wouldnā€™t lose the bash with my change, it would just be two-for-one, a shield bash that also functions as a gap closer.

Merging Maul/Bite into the main skill is something I had thought of before, havenā€™t really had time or interest to tweak Nature too much atm though since it is one of the stronger ā€œjack of all tradesā€ GQ masteries atm I think. (especially in the grimmest setting) Iā€™ll be tweaking on it somewhere down the road from now but prolly not for some time. I have a few other more pressing updates planned before that.

I kept the game at 1.0.6.1 because new patches are prone to crashing some things; I canā€™t wait to try out 1.0.7.1, especially the new changes brought about by Grimerā€™s final D3 patch.

Iā€™m eagerly anticipating the next Grimarillion update. Thank you very much for showcasing my threads; I hope that people are enjoying the builds and find them suitable for handling the content. I donā€™t want to go through all this effort and find the builds are bad because theyā€™re lacking some crucial detail or the damage output isnā€™t there.

anyone have a dreadnought devotion guide to follow, Iā€™ve done 40 levels on the regular trees on my own, have Hound, Wraith and Eel so far but have no clue where to go after that

Make a vote for completely remove zenith part from compilation?

What fun in one-shotting everything since the beginning up to endgame?

D3 and GQ masteries looks mostly balanced.

No point making a poll, zenith isnā€™t getting removed

I agree with you, Asylum101, we donā€™t need another version. You can nerf them later with new updates. but can i ask if there is any plan to have Runemaster class from TQ:Ragnarok in this mod

Plansā€¦ maybe. No idea when, I have quite a few other things Iā€™d like to add before that happens.

The issue with adding Runemaster is ā€¦ I have to redo all the skill damage scaling and reimagine the mastery basically. TQ masteries have 20 skills max, GD is more like 27ish, a little over 30 if you include transmuters. Adding 7 skills as either modifiers or new skills is a bit of work, I have to plan them out and make things that feel ā€œrightā€ and fit the theme of the class. And then the case of itemsā€¦ there are already minimal GQ items, adding Runemaster will be a small hurdle in comparison but nonetheless an extra hurdle.

Soo maybe one day. But I wouldnā€™t say any time soon.

A lot of the items have huge requirements, Like 3000 physic for a lvl 18 item, Also dont see any D3 items on him. Is this intended or am I missing something?

There is a crusader ability that makes those phys reqs not matter. Those items are for that ability.

Couple of bugs to report:
When I take the enhancement for golem which turns him into a blood golem and then summon him my game crashes 100% of the time.
Additionally the barrier for outrider enemies can walk straight through. Are my game files messed up, or is this an issue for everyone else?

Sorry if this is a known issue, but I switched from running standard Grimarillion to the Ungrim version and in the Ungrim version my blacksmith doesnā€™t know any recipes at all. His menu is completely blank. Going back to standard Grimarillion fixes this but obviously constantly switching mods isnā€™t exactly ideal.

Ungrim and Grimarillion are different mods.

Yes, and? The blacksmith not having any recipes is still a problem.