[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Hey, did this mod add those Savage Totems? Because I like them. They’re pretty cool.

Monster Totems will be in the mod since they’re part of the vanilla game. Grimarillion is all about masteries and items, it doesn’t change anything like that from the vanilla game.

Oh. I didn’t know they were a base game thing. MY bad. I don’t know when they were added to the base game, but they are pretty cool.

They’re a recent addition - update 1.1.6.0

Ah. Cool. They seem to give crazy amounts of rares, and a high chance of a blueprint.

Speaking of Blueprints, I can’t remember if this mod adds any that drop.

I like the extra stash size space, in fact to make myself squint less and enjoy the game more, i bought myself a new 27 inch monitor and tossed out my old 20 inch. Asylum is one of the best masteries modders of Grim Dawn. If u fiddle around with the items in gdstash as much as i do, you can see the effort he puts in his TQ mastery mod. I love how the skills change color and looks when you transmute the element of the skill like some skills in the main game and it took the devs some time to even come up with it i believe. I love the Divine Helios set ,better then Ghol’s :stuck_out_tongue: . I just wish sometimes Asylum would not remove old skills, i miss the Spectral Hunters from Hunting although Sky Shot Salvo is amazing.

2 Likes

If you have Grimmer and Grimmest really turned up, the totems are inconsequential. I really enjoy them on alcoholics :slight_smile:

Anyone having constant crashes when playing Grimarillion? I’ve had a crash about every hour since I came back to this game last week. I even tried reinstalling the game and all mods from scratch, but nothing I do fixes the issue. I can’t even figure a pattern to it, it just happens randomly. I tried playing a vanilla character for a while and didn’t get this issue at all.

I do see the following in the dev console (from when you press ` ), which seems to be related to the regrowth skill from Nature which I do have. Not sure if it would have anything to do with the game randomly crashing though:

Attempt to CreateObjectFromFile ‘records/effects/nature/regrowth_fxpak01.dbr’, requested class EffectEntity, object was class FxPak

Try turning off item tooltips if you have not yet done so

You mean the “auto-item tooltips” option that lets you see item tooltips on the ground? I can try disabling that, although it seems weird that would cause a crash.

Agreed but it is a cause for crashes for many people, no idea why.

Thanks for the tip to turn off Item Tooltips. It seems to have mostly helped, I played 3-4 hours today and only had 1 crash at about 3 hours in, much less than before, and the one crash I got seemed different. It happened right after clicking on a desecrated shrine, just after the inventory opened. I’m hoping that was a weird coincidence and the main problem I was having is gone.

So uh, this is awkward. But my game has started to crash a few times after getting the Aetherstorm proc skll on the Champion skill tree.
It blows up the game sometimes, especially against certain enemies. Makes getting to Fort Ikon a bit annoying.
Seems to do it against Order of Death people.
Anyone run into that bug?

I’m pretty sure it’s not the tooltip bug, but if I respec out of the Aetherstorm proc skill, and I still get crashes, I’ll try that tooltip thing maybe.

Don’t know what’s going on, but it just started as I started using the skill.
My build is doing good, Savage Claw on a very strong gun, and an amazing shield with +1 to all skills, is a lot of fun.
I love this mod.

ARGGHH! I removed that one skill and the game still crashes when I fight Death’s Vigil at times!
Edit: I managed to make it to Fort Ikon and the gate by turning off he tooltips thing, but I don’t know if that was the reason for the crashes or not. But I don’t know why it only triggers on Death’s Vigil members and no other enemies in the entire game.
I also killed a lot fewer of them.

Second Edit: Okay, so, now I had the game crash inside the Bastion of Chaos while fighting mobs.
I guess I have to turn off tool tips, or maybe remove rares from the list of things that show up. I don’t know. I am very annoyed by a bug that makes no sense and has no rhyme or reason to it.
Has anyone encountered this before at all?

Okay. So, removing the tool tip thing, and switching the loot filter a bit made the crashes go away, so good on that front I guess.

What is up with the constant Jade Diadem drops? I have picked up like 30 of them and they drop off mobs that should never drop a level 20 Epic item? Am I cursed to see only Jade Diadems or does anyone else keep getting them to drop as well?

It’s not a problem but it is a bit of let down when I see it drop.

On a side note, is there supposed to be Empowered and Mythical versions of staves and spears in the game? I have never seen one drop and I was sorting my stash the other day and noticed I didn’t have any.

I find a good amount of the Jade Diadems too. It’s a bit silly to have them drop all the time.
Even in zones above level 40.

Just RNG, I really don’t see how it could be anything else.The drop rates for GQ armor is split between GD, D3, and GQ about 33% for each on the master tables.

To translate the above image for you, when the “master table” chooses to drop a GQ armor piece, it refers to the level table on the left. between level 1-20, only belts will drop if this table is chosen. Between 20-65, only level 20 armor pieces, 65-82, only level 65/75 armor pieces, and above 82, only items above level 82 (i think atm all gq items above this threshold are level 94).

The right side is a vanilla leveltable, as you can see they are pretty similar, difference being a few levels here and there where the drops trigger, biggest one being when the uniques actually begin to drop.

All the items in the loottables have the same drop rates:

it’s a weight system, these values are weighed against themselves to divvy up a drop rate.

There’s not much else to it as far as I know…

Anyway, regarding your side note…there’s about 18 mythical spears and 21 staves. (Divine actually since that is the terminology GQ uses)

1 Like

Wow. That is actually pretty interesting information.

Now I know I just have wacky luck from Devotion shrines and monsters.
Also, how rare are these gylph blueprints I keep finding? Because they are interesting.
Oh, I do have a weird bug to report, the Champion’s dash skill does not work at all.
It just makes my character stay in place and not move at all. I don’t know why, but maybe because I have a gun?

I mean, it doesn’t say anything about requring a melee weapon, and it seems to be based on the shield.

Thank you for the detailed response. This makes a lot of sense as to why I keep getting that drop because I tend not to play 80+ characters that often. It is interesting to learn the mechanics behind how drops are calculated.

I probably didn’t look at my staves and spears to see if they are divine or not. I am sure I just did a search for Empowered and Mythical. Thank you for that info. I will go back and check again.

I can’t give you more than one like on your post but I really do appreciate the information. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Yeah, there’s just not that many sub-65 armor pieces for GQ and probably D3, though I’m not sure about D3 since it’s not my mod. Once you get above 65 you should probably see far more variety.

Glyphs are from GD, nothing to do with the mod.

Champion’s charge has no weapon restrictions but using a ranged weapon will cause it to behave strangely. Until Ceno updates his mod that’s just how it is.

the amount of items above level 65 is way higher