[REL] Grimarillion v90d

I looked up a gear list for Titan Quest and found that there are quite a few things missing between that and your mod. I would love to be able to make some gear for you based upon your stats in GD rather than the ones in TQ. One of the items I found in the database was the Obsidian set. I think you have just the three pieces in GD but there are 5 in TQ. Here is a link to the DB.

https://tq-db.net/en/search/obsidian

I would have to make some gloves and boots skins since the TQ ones wouldn’t really work for GD. I am a newbie in modding GD so if there are other things to consider beyond making graphics and stats please let me know. Also, I don’t want to step on your toes or anything just really offering to help if you wanted it.

Ive been playing this mod more lately and I may be alone in wanting this, but how would I go about removing the diablo 3 content from this mod?
I like everything here except for all the d3 gear dropping.
I am thinking I will need to learn to use the modding tools.

If you don’t care about the content still being there as long as the items stop dropping, you probably only need to change a handful (or two) of loot tables

I like the sound of that, I will look into how to use the tools and ask more about it later.

Took some doing learning how to get the tools setup to be able to edit, but I am there.
Looking around myself, I did not see which tables to edit.
Where would I make changes?

records/items/loottables/mastertables/mt_*.dbr
remove the d3 entries or set their weight to 0

Today I learned why there are so few mods for Grim Dawn. The tools are very unclear on how they are used and work together. The tutorials people have posted are often incomplete, vague, or poorly worded. There are many helpful posts, but they are scattered about in random posts all over the forum.

I didnt expect this to be as easy as editing a Soldak game, but this is ridiculous. By the time I thought I was ready to try what I did, Grim Dawn no longer worked and launched to a black screen.

Editing files is easy. The entire process from extract to build makes no sense to me.

That probably is because you are new to it. The process is neither complicated, nor nonsensical. Could it be simpler ? Probably, but what couldn’t :wink:

Esp in your case where all you do is edit some dbr entries it is very simple already, that cannot really get all that much easier… extract mod, change values, build mod is already all there is (after you set up AssetManager), so not sure how to simplify that process…

1 Like

I was going to rant about this but deleted it

I am very frustrated with these tools

1 Like

Just a matter of unfamiliarity I guess. I use archivetool to extract the mod, Notepad++ to edit the .dbrs and AssetManager to select and build it, which is just me selecting the mod and build command from the menu, so not all that complicated…

Now if you want to do more than that, it does get a little to a lot more involved, depending on what you want to do - but for what you wanted to, the above is enough

I don’t really see why this modding intro discussion needed to take place here instead of it’s own thread?

what is added in the v80a that isnt in the the v80? *and yes i understand v80a needs v80 as it says next to it im just asking is it needed for a quick patch of something or can i play with just the v80

Read the release notes, understand them and you will have answered your own question.

Hey, not sure if this is the right place so sorry if it is not.

I know I have asked this in the past but Is there any way you can add the cataclysm classes and the items from cataclysm…The dom mod has the classes but not so sure if the items are added as well.

I end up switching between grimarillion and the old cataclysm because I like the classes and the items from it. The modifier items that convert damage types are pretty cool and also a few of the other items like the salts really open up builds even further so I do kind of miss them when playing grimarillion.

Anyway I really like playing grimarillion. Have been playing it for years now and I appreciate the fact that it is continuously updated.

Hey, I’m not sure what caused this bug or how to fix it and I don’t know if its been brought to your attention before/if there is a fix to it, but I couldn’t find anything online about it.

Shattered Realms only contain the bossfight for me.
I just started trying to push shattered realms on my level 90 rune/shaman character, but every time I enter one it is only the boss level, not the 3 levels leading up to it like the shards do in the base game. I’ve replicated this across all 3 difficulties and have turned off the affects of the Plutonium Nyborg to see if that might somehow be causing it, but nothing seems to fix it. Any advice on how to fix this?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not a bug, Asylum removed the intervening chucks so you only get boss rooms in SR in Grimarillion.

Thanks!

Oh so they are just for pushing bosses? Is the crucible changed in the same way?

I don’t know, sorry.

Gotcha, well thanks for the quick reply! I was going crazy thinking I somehow bricked my SRs lol

most likely not as that is a separate mode that mods do not affect (it basically is its own mod)