[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Thanks you so much. it is working now

1 Like

Updated to v84, started a new Outrider/Nature character. Grabbed stuff from my stash including a couple of Lesser Living Rings which are obsolete. Took both to the salt ring; one updated, the other didn’t. Tried several times, but second still wouldn’t update.

Allowing to choose between boss rush and vanilla SR is a huge improvement, I will look on how you did this.
From a balance perspective, Boss rush should earn less rewards since it’s faster to do, in m’y opinion.

Eh, balance wise, I’m not really concerned. Loot is hard enough to come by when you have the thousands of additional items from GQ and D3. You can play Level 11 or something to get insane amounts of loot from rogue-like dungeons, SR is unaffected by Grimmest so you can’t benefit the same way.

Regarding the method, it’s fairly simple imo, and that’s coming from someone who can barely read/understand lua script. The dialog with Maazan has a new option, if you select it you get a token. If you have the token, the SR rulesets are swapped.

1 Like

I started looking into it, have to finish checking later but it looks like some items are skipped/ignored on the script for whatever reason. Maybe they aren’t even in the script heh. I’ll finish checking later to get the complete list of ‘broken’ obsolete items.

Well, it’s just weird because they were exactly the same item. I could understand it if they were different ones, but I copied the item twice from GDStash into the transfer stash so no difference between them. :woman_shrugging:

Updated the Rainbow File for Grimarillion v84.

2 Likes

Any chance for Reskill gems of modded items?

Ehhh, I won’t say no - but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. If I ever do, it would be a long time time from now unless someone decided to volunteer and do it for me.

With the new changes to the shattered realm, I think you should completely remove the sharrered affixes rewards from Mazaan conversation when the player chose Boss Rush mode as it was not intended to have rewards this fast.

I have a question about damage calculation:
Fire damage
as you can see here, I have shield Flamebreaker equipped. It gives a flat 47 fire damage and a flat 4-9 fire damage range, both of which do not show up on the magical damage tab. Why is that?
The 24% of fire damage the shield also provides, however, does show up correctly as well as the Resistances and Retaliation values.
Am I making wrong assumptions about flat damage calculation?

Are you using an attack or spell? This damage does not apply to spells, only the increased % does. Any ability that uses weapon damage in the calc will use the flat.

1 Like

Thanks, that cleared it up for me

1 Like

No problem, a lot of GD mechanics take time to fully understand. Im over 1k hours and I still get confused with damage conversions!

Discovered Tag-not-found error in Diablo 3 Smith Crusader Swords:

related question: are there any plans to adapt Zenith’s 2-handed weapons into Diablo 3 Smith’s Crusader weapons?

Do you have the latest rainbow filter installed?

Yes, Grimarillion and Rainbow are at v84

No cross mod items are planned.

I have a question, why GQ equipment can normal drop from anywhere,but D3 item cant drop or veryless, almost no drop?

grimarillion_v84_color_01.zip\grimarillion\grimarillion_tags_newitems.txt

tagWeaponCaster1hD013ZE65{^i}=Fang of Ch’thonZE65
tagWeaponCrossbow2hC011GQ68{^b}=Nar’s Arcane DestroyerGQ68

The color codes of these two lines are misplaced.