[REL] Grimarillion v90d

The tagnotfound error corrected itself as you said it would. I started a new character and will play into the game to find some spears. I think this may also self-resolve. Fingers crossed. Again - thank you.

UPDATE: Did not work. Thinking about fresh install of everything - or just never using spears. LOL

Very strange, yeah I dunno what could be wrong. Are you playing Ungrim or Grimarillion? I donā€™t see that either one could be different but who knows at this point.

Cool, Iā€™ll see what I can come up with. This is what Iā€™ve done so far and what I plan to do:

• I leveled a legit character from 0-100, gathering enough devotion shrines in Veteran + Elite AoM that I could get 55 Devotion Points before choosing between Kymonā€™s and Death Vigil in Ultimate
  • I left my legit character in Homestead right before you choose which faction to join. From there I split off between a Kymonā€™s character and a Deathā€™s Vigil character to take through the rest of Ultimate and do the quests.
  • I went with the Deathā€™s Vigil character first because I wanted to test out the Skeleton triage (Necro, D3 Necro, and Spirit) and obviously theyā€™d have no purpose with the Kymon brothers.
  • I typically run Fabius, Iron Maiden, Mad Queen and Sentinel to test a buildā€™s viability. If Grimarillion has any special surprises that would make other areas more worth testing out, Iā€™ll take my characters through there and see how they do (I hear the rogue dungeons have multiple bosses for oodles of fun).
  • Iā€™ve tested a few Nature class ideas just to gauge their relative power - Nature works with pretty much anything since itā€™s practically a solo pet class, but only the most powerful ones will go through the gauntlet. I have yet to finish Ultimate through the Kymonā€™s side, but Iā€™m tagging my D3 Witch Doctor to go that route.

I will have to figure out a way to make the presentation clean for everyone as there is no Grimtools functionality. My plan is to provide pictures for character stats and class choices / skills, comment on the equipment choices, then use Grimtools for the devotions since devotions are hard to stick to an image.

I donā€™t have an ETA at the moment, but once I get my Kymonā€™s character finished up with Log, Iā€™ll start gathering the images necessary to get a compendium going.

I typically run Fabius, Iron Maiden, Mad Queen and Sentinel to test a buildā€™s viability. If Grimarillion has any special surprises that would make other areas more worth testing out, Iā€™ll take my characters through there and see how they do (I hear the rogue dungeons have multiple bosses for oodles of fun).

Well aside from the typical random Grimmest bosses (ā€œthis monster has no nameā€, depravities, etc), there was supposed to be one other ā€œsecretā€ enemy but I donā€™t think heā€™s spawning properly as a nemesis. Should be an undead nemesis, but aside from him there are no other surprises.

Grimarillion. It is an odd thing. I did a clean install of everything and turned off Steam Cloud sync to see if playing the mod with AoM had corrupted a file and it still persists. A head-scratcher, but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve got some obscure setting bassackwards.

Update: I did try playing my character in Ungrim and it resolved the spear issue. When I go back to Grimarillion the spear issue is there. Not sure if there is a bug or something, but just as an FYI. Strangely - it does make a difference.

Also - I notice in Grimarillion that the vendors do not sell spears. In Ungrim they do.

v62a: The display of the merchantā€™s components in two places is strange.

1. Vinelton at Feral Thicket in Ancient Grove
  2. Hyram at Malmouth Steelcap District

If it works in Ungrim you can copy the ā€œitems.arcā€ from the ungrim install to the grimarillion install, it should work and fix the issue.

Hm, thought I fixed this. Iā€™ll check it out.

Hi, 2 questions:

1-Letā€™s say I wanna discuss builds within the Grimarillion mod, where should I post?

2- In case this might be the right place : I just started the mod, currently lvl 42 with only defense mastery yet and I am getting raped and I can barely do any damage. Iā€™m playing with people (playing caster classes like Necrotic) that one/two click kill entire packs of mobs and Iā€™m totally useless compared to them (they literally leveled me up to 42). Defense mastery seems to be far from what itā€™s like in TQ. I was aiming to mix it with Warfare and aim for physical type of damage however Iā€™m not sure that will get me anywhere since the density of mobs in this mod makes it mandatory to have nice AOE.

Question is : Would anyone have some suggestions on which other mastery to pair defense with in order to get some kind of balance between single mob attacks and AOE while making the shield useful offensive-wise (which was the entire point of going defense, just like in TQ)? Or should I just go for an AOE spellcaster based character?

Thanks a lot in advance!

And huge thumps up for this mod, itā€™s amazing! :slight_smile:

I am not familiar with those mastery but even in vanilla GD it was never efficient to start off using a shield; and in grimarillion being inefficient makes for a gruelling experience. Soldierā€™s would usually forcewave 2H to 50+ before switching etc. Are there really no AoE skills in either mastery?

Not really. Defense has Shield Charge (Soldierā€™s Blitz) and Warfare has War Wind (similar) - both shoot you across the screen into foes, but thatā€™s about it.

You could try pairing Defense with Crusader, that has some AoE skills and is a tanky mastery. I love the Blessed Hammer/Wrath skill which puts Anvil constellationā€™s hammers into a skill you use at will. Add Blunt for even more damage from that. Smite might help too, Hope for some health regen iirc and Heavenā€™s Fury will give you a beam of light from the heavens which will strike foes and follow you around too while itā€™s active. You can 3 of them at one time if you can get the cooldown low enough. Condemn is another skill to have a look at.

No thereā€™s quite a few aoe options for both masteries, but theyā€™re all weapon dependent. However to compare the power level of necrotic with anything is unjust. Necrotic is a bit op tbh.

I did a def/warfare at the start and i did ok.It just wasnā€™t my playstyle.Good option is a crusader which learn slash or a champion which has litany of blades which do aoe damage when enemies attack you.

PS my personal class is Terro knight + Champion level 51 Litany of blade + Life steal = Yes please.Op af even with only low dps only 2k i can take out waves pretty quickly.

Just a quick question: is there a way or can you implement something that can return all the skill points and be able to chose another class?

For example, i have a monk + arcanist, and iā€™d like to reroll the arcanist into a different one?

Cheers!

Not ingame. Youā€™d have to use GDDefiler or GDStash to be able to get rid of Arcanist.

You can buy back skilll points at the Spirit Guides in the game, but the game always leaves one point unclaimable in each mastery so you canā€™t change class.

Yea as medea said, the only way is really through external tools. Itā€™s impossible to ā€œfixā€ this via mods.

Thank you very much both <3 on it!

Cheers!

I have been playing with Rogueā€™s player-scaled summon, the Irregularity skill (summons 3 but each pet only has 12 seconds life) is too weak to use it over the regular skill. 12 seconds is far too short to have 3 pets up and running. It is similar to the Unstable Anomaly transmuter from Necromancerā€™s Blight Fiends - it was only useful when it was buffed to give the Blight Fiends 18 seconds life.

For a player-scaled summon, the demon thing dies ludicrously easy even without the 12 second transmuter. I know youā€™re supposed to be blowing it up to get its explosion ability, but half the time it canā€™t survive long enough for its cooldown to be refreshed. Itā€™s nothing compared to the Deathstalker relic, another player-scaled pet thatā€™s tough as nails.

Ola all,

So as iā€™m farming mostly ultimate and our last discussion over the loot pool for items, everything seems rather ok now, i get many different items with one exception for the legendary drops: Zunimasa-s finger wraps, has anyone else noticed how often they drop or is it just me?

I get 1-2 Zuni gloves for every 3-4 purple items.

Cheers all!

Just I wanted to Give the thanks To all Who made This incredibly Mod ! Of course I Give you thanks for Sharing It to me ! I Play it And enjoy It too much. Great Work !