[REL] Grimarillion v90d

the grim dawn grimllarion mod needs a new patch now that 1.0.7.0 is out alot of items have been changed and over hauled as well as skills could u update the mod guys really love this mod.

Not sure why these changes to the base game would require a mod update. If the mod is done correctly, the items and classes are not in it to begin with, so whatever updates happen in the base game automatically transfer to the mod.

^ what he said

but also I do need to update the devotions because GQ has to use modified devotions for certain skills and items

There’s a ton of exe’s in there.
Some speak for itself, others not at all.
Which tool am I looking for, precisely?

Thank you.

I haven’t modded much, only decompiled and compiled arz and arc, the .dbr editing I did in a text editor not the actual tool :wink: So basically I used the Asset Manager

The modding guide should get you started

I haven’t modded much, only decompiled and compiled arz and arc, the .dbr editing I did in a text editor not the actual tool :wink: So basically I used the Asset Manager

The modding guide should get you started

ah thank you sir.

So, OK…
I read the tut, but it makes about as much sense as a tomato plant on the sun’s surface.

Example: I open up Grim Dawn Stash, I look for an epic sword level 0 to edit (because I like it’s looks, in this case the Sword of Darkness).
Though said to be level 0, it does a massive 169-174 damage, 10% AP, 5% chance for an additional 120% Phys dmg, etc.
Heavily overpowered, especially for a level 0 blade.

I open up the editor.
Now I must go look for said blade, but where on Earth do I look for it, and more, what is the darned thing’s name?
In order to edit it (or create a copy which is renamed), I must find it first, right?
Well… I fail right there already… :frowning:

Use artmanager (AM) to extract game files.

Use sublime to search resources/text directory (from game file extraction) for the name of the item. You should find a line like tag023sword5b=“Sword of Darkness” in there.

Then use sublime to search for tag023sword5b in the database/records/items subfolder. Whatever dbr you get there will be the record you want to edit in AM.

LOL.

I am quite good in TES/Fallout editing, it’s dead simple there, but dayum, GD is quite a different thing… :frowning:

Thank you, Sir.

Sword of Darkness doesn’t drop and can’t be found unless you use GD Stash. It’s not OP it’s just not ready.

You missed the point, Sir.

It says: level 0.
So, for a level 0 this item is a wee OP, in my humble opinion.

The weapon is indeed not in game, perfect, this means it is free for usage, correct?
Why would I use an already ingame weapon, if I can use these unused ones?

I have been looking for this Artmanager tool, but I keep being pointed to Ubuntu?

Anyone an idea where to get this Artmanager?

Sublime Editor I have, Just not the AM tool…

OR: can someone post the whole list or mail it to me in txt format?

Thank you beforehand.

and you missed the point that the item is unfinished and cannot drop, so all stats are subject to change and something like level 0 is indeed expected to change

is 62a grimarillion compatible with 1.0.7.1? the game started but right away something strange happened the 2nd child with Constance the old woman that asks for fabric is invisible and mousing over shows
Tag not found:tagNPC_FactionTable_GQ

It works with 1.0.7.1 just fine, you will be missing out on the devotion changes is all. Ignore that missing child, it’s a bug from a failed experiment of mine. Will be gone next update.

Using latest version Grimarillian and latest AOM update here. Using Grimmest version “If that makes a difference”
Install just fine.
I notice a lot of tags to many to list missing/not found. If i can get a list for you i will try.
First character was very successful so far and no issues i know of.
2nd character i am having some issues however.
Mastery are Elementalist/Arcanist and i have one particular issue thus far.
I am using skill Elementalist “Pyroclasm which now includes Power surge”
This skill seems to work only in certain areas or randomly, when working it rocks solid and when not working my toon is casting and nothing is happening at all.
Things i did to try to resolve this are going back and installing earlier version of this mod and then updating as shown in the threads. This DID help, examples of where this skill is still not working at moment are in the Foothills. It was previously not working or random in every area of Burrwitch, cellars, and kriegs fight. It seems like the skill reset does not activate or something. I am no coder lol so i would not know. I will try to get more detailed info for you guys. BTW, THIS MOD ROCKS… I have 5,000 hrs into Grim Dawn so while waiting on the next release a bud linked me to this and i am hooked lol.

Isn’t the idea of modding to add items to a game?
This is what I want to try to do…

See, many skills and classes even are “forgotten” in items such as armor.
Necromancer is well supported with items, but some entirely not.

I’d like to create a few items to support these classes/skills, and when balanced, present them here (either as file or example).

So, yes, I want to try getting them in.
That is, if I can find it to begin with.

nothing wrong with that, I was commenting on you complaining about stats in an unfinished item (OP for level 0), not about you changing its stats in a mod

That was an apparently failed attempt at humour from my side.
Seeing the item level being 0, and then such damage values on said sword…?

Previous page though I stated my intention.
And the request to how to proceed. :slight_smile:

Still having the Artmanager popping up as Ubuntu/Linux program when I search for it…

You might be wasting your time, the source files for Grimarillion are not available publicly so you won’t be able to add or edit items, you can only use GDStash to give yourself items and nothing more. It is still possible, but seeing as you seem to be a modding beginner I wouldn’t recommend it. But do what you want, just keep in mind what I said earlier that these items are not intended for you to be using yet, if I do not add them into the next version of grimarillion I will be removing them altogether to prevent players from being tempted into using unfinished content.