[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Hello! =]
first of all - amazing!.. simply put.
Now to what I THINK is a bug, in grim quest mastery.
@ASYLUM101
Will try to be as specific as possible.
Mastery: nature.
Skill: Kodama (the first, basic one)
I’ve put 1 point into it. It is described as a summon that’s supposed to do 3 things (heal, heal more, and debuff).
But it does NOTHING ={
And by that - the only specific test I’ve done beyond staring at the green blub is having damaged pets (and me) standing still, waiting to be healed. But nothing happens.
I guess it’s not supposed to be like that? It’s suppose to heal us?
Thanks in advance!
Miller.

Update 1: Ok, so after careful observation, it’s only active during a fight. I guess its because these abilities are his “attacks” and only happen during combat.
Is this correct? also, what are the different animations for the abilities? I’ve seen a gren ray - guess it’s the normal individual health. What of the 2 others?
Thanks again =]

The skill works.

Kodama only has 1 heal, the secondary “heal” is tied to the first, and if you see the “green blub”, the debuff is active.

The kodama won’t heal your pets, this is not something I can fix afaik.

Anyone else get a lot of crashing? This is my only mod, I played for weeks with no issue, now all of a sudden I crash nonstop. Every few minutes after starting it back up. Nothing has updated or changed. Playing a champion/storm build if it matters. Going to try a fresh install I guess.

Thanks for the ultra-quick reply!
so,
A. Kodama does actually heal my pets. The thing is, it will remain passive until I begin to attack myself. When that happens - it will heal whoever needs healing, including pets (which is supper effective because the secondary heal will heal me+my 8 wolves!)
B. When I said “green blub” I was referring to the Kodama in general. Now that you mention it - it did seem like it has an external green aura of bubbles. Is that what causing the debuff? Is there a visual que on the enemies that shows they’re being debuffed by Kodama?
Thanks again!
Miller.

Try a new character, maybe? could be something to do with the specific character… (item\skill that’s bugged and now is being used)

@ASYLUM101
Another question regarding grim quest -
With all these new masteries, it’s difficult to understand what skill belongs to what mastery (with skill-giving items). Especially if it belongs to newly-created ones by the mods.
Is there a way to make the process shorter, than searching the internet, or in these forums every time? (like a tooltip that says "that skill belongs to this mastery)
Thanks!
Miller.

Good grief, I actually killed the boss in the Ancient Grove with my Speaker of the Depths and didn’t die. :grava_yes:

2 Likes

hey, @Grimer and @okami29 (written to ask you for D3 masteries questions =])
A. are there items specific to these masteries?
B. The D3 Necro - it’s skele warrior\archers only have 1 “node”, and their max HP is very low. Does it mean that they are only for… leveling the first 1-2 acts? or are they viable also later on? If so, how?
Thanks!
Miller.

There are plenty of D3 mastery specific uniques, no idea about the skelies viability later in though

Get acquainted with each class :wink:

I’m not familiar with the d3 necro but I know Grimer has answered this several times, assuming he hasn’t changed it, the skeletons defensive values should be based on the GD necromancer’s skeletons.

Thanks, will search the post for Q+A before asking next time =]
Also, guys - I’m seeing this wierd incoherence in terms of “next level in skill the skeletons will have X health” but when I put another point, the actual HP amount that is SHOWN is much less.lvl%2013 lvl14

What am I missing?
Thanks!
Miller.

What do you mean by shown? On your screenshot the values for level 14 are all higher than for level 13. Do you mean actual health ingame?

What I mean is that when the skill is level 13, it shows me that at level 14 the pet will have 2126 health.
In reality, as shown - when I level up to 14, the HP isn’t 2126. It’s 1832.

This has nothing to do with the mod.

Oh, ok. didn’t know. Anyway, know what’s the cause of this? Kinda frustrating to be shown “better stats” then what you’re actually getting.

Guys, any way to lower the difficulty of grimmest even futher? encounter ~1-2 heroes each time instead of 3? makes some of my builds hard to play grimmest until lvl… 30.

Yes, you can call up Zeke and turn them off completely so you only get them appearing as they would in normal game.

Thanks for the response, but the “normal” mode won’t give me 1-2 heroes per encounter, it will give me 1 hero per… ~50 encounters heh. I mean, I will encounter a hero every ~15 minutes of play.

I like the fact that heroes are “everywhere”, just not in groups. So, I want something in between altoholic (3 heroes each mob) and normal mode (1 hero every… 100 mobs or so)

Nope, alcoholic is as low as it gets without turning them off completely.

I know where your coming from But…Most builds are good even early game.I actually go for difficult builds to test myself.I even did a first pick nature mage summoner for a starting class.She was tricky but didn’t die once.Most classes can kite groups of bosses.Only time it really got tricky was when i build a full cunning class as they are Soft Afaik :smiley: