[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Pierre, are you talking about normal (grimmer) or veteran (Grimmest)?
Because, until lvl ~20 or so, kiting 3 bosses on veteran is just… it’s really hard unless you have the right skills.

Willing to aknowledge I’m a noob, but still - kiting 3 grimmest (=veteran) heroes lvl 10-15 with 1-2 skills wasn’t viable to me.

Am I missing something?

started the game and see vanila masteries and vanila stash, what i did wrong?

Did you choose Custom Game and select the mod from there?

yes…
now i wanted to make a screenshot for you, started the game and suddenly everything ok, but i had to start new char
what i did is opened custom game window and clicked “accept” again, may be this fixed it
one minute later i was running back to DC with dozen of heros on my back :smiley: it’s actually fun lol, gj

Yes, you need a new character. The vanilla ones can’t be played in the mod.

And when you want to switch back to the main game you’ll have to choose Main Campaign instead of Custom to get back there.

thats all i did in first place, custom game -> world0001 -> new char, and got pure vanilla game with strange masteries screen

Yeah, I’ve seen others report getting that. Still, fixed now so might have just been a glitch. Hope so anyway. Enjoy! :grinning:

Yeah doesn’t work for me either. I get this strange class selection screen.

edit. and now it’s fixed. I had to rename the grimarillion folder.

I followed the installation instructions but it doesn’t work, what can be wrong?

Just the same problem of Kekkuli but the rename of the folder don’t worked for me.

You need to verify that you followed the installation instructions properly, if you are seeing what Kekkuli posted, it is probably an issue with your folder setup.

Extract the .7z archive somewhere. This will normally result in the following subfolder structure:

grimarillion_[version]/grimarillion/database
grimarillion_[version]/grimarillion/resources

or for UNGRIM

grimarillion_ungrim[version]/grimarillion_ungrim/database
grimarillion_ungrim[version]/grimarillion_ungrim/resources

Move or copy the Grimarillion folder, without the version number, contained within to the ‘mods’ folder. Go ahead and create this folder first if it does not already exist in the installation directory for Grim Dawn.
For Steam the results should look like:

Steam/steamapps/common/Grim Dawn/mods/grimarillion/database
Steam/steamapps/common/Grim Dawn/mods/grimarillion/resources

When in game, and selecting from the Custom maps menu, if you do not see “grimarillion ~ World001.map” then something is not right, no need to play until you see “grimarillion ~ World001.map”.

Verify that ingame it says “grimarillion ~ World001.map” , if not, you need to try and fix your folders.

Yes, all is fine, but that doesnt work, i reinstalled the entire game because i had other mods, but that doen’s fixed the problem, in fact now it appears the normal UI of the game.

EDIT. I fixed it deleting the mods folder and creating a new one, but now they are a bunch of objects that have TagNotFound as name, and i’ve seen a guy who appears after use a G in my inventory and it has only two dialogue options, continue and finish.

Sorry for late reply.Unfortunately i don’t have much time to play and the little time i do have i have to play with my bro.For him Grimmilions overwhelming so he does not want to play veteran.

Now i see where you coming from.I did a first class wizard on veteran back in the day and it was a mission to keep her alive.She could hit hard and kill fast but a boss could 2/3 shot me early game.It eaze up later but to start is a biatch :smiley:

Well, this mod still seems to suffer from the same problem than last time i tried it. Constant crashes, depending on what classes you are playing. Seems like my barbarian/warfare build is unplayable because of these crashes yet i managed to level some build close to level 100 once without any crash.

It’s important to note, that since the update of 1.1.4, veteran has become noticebly harder.
It’s great, because I’m not a noob (apparently. Had a problem with grimmest, but with Veteran vanilla - nice and cool)

So pre-patch might’ve been a lot easier in grimmest

Strange, I’ve not had it crash at all on me. Not tried Barb/Warfare yet though. Also what difficulty of the mod are you playing? I usually have the extra mobs/heroes off, but one or two of mine are on Alcoholic difficulty.

Umm i think i have extra spawns but not extra heroes. At least it said grimmest is off when i meddled with the settings. Veteran is chosen from the main menu. Yeah seems like it’s getting worse now, just tried to play and game froze after 5 minutes. :expressionless:

Go to Options -> Interface. Here disable “Auto item tooltips”. Doing this solved 99% of my freezes/crashes! :slightly_smiling_face:

Prior to this I also had tons of issues which started to creep up somewhere in end-game.
Not sure what triggers it, since I play with the same density from level 1 to 100.

Thanks i’ll try that. I’ll let you know if it works.

Hi, i cannot open shared stash, can anyone help me pleasee?

I may give veteran a go when i have the time i am curious now :smiley:

I don’t consider myself a pro but i am also not a noob.I actually only have 1 character high lvl which are a champion + terror knight as that life leach is pogchamp.

But i will most prob try a veteran toon soon as the normal difficulty tends to get easier the higher level you get.Only class that i had trouble with which i need to master are a full cunning range.I had one lvl 45 but man she was a glass cannon.