[REL] Grimarillion v90d

That might actually have done it. No crashes ever since i unchecked that little devil.

I can confirm that the issue is with Diablo 3 classes. Specifically, the problem originates somewhere in “database\records\skills\playerclassbarbarian”. I have reported this to the author on Mod Nexus.

1 Like

What makes you say it’s the barbarian class file?

Yeah normal is way to easy.
But veteran has gone considerably harder!
Tanking with a warlord - kreig killed me once with 80% aether resist!
Summoner is so much easiser. Interesting.

P.S
Guys - I had to micromanage my encounter with kreig! Each time his animation of the area-damage started, I tried to run 'cus it has a 1-hit-kill. That was… new!! 60% times succeeded lol

Would be cool if more of the vanilla items included skill bonuses for these new classes.

Thank you for confirming that :slight_smile:

Rebuilding without those records resolves the issue. I’ve tested this with both the Diablo 3 mod alone and with Grimarillion.

1 Like

@Saerus What issue is there ? I made the barbarian class so I should fix it if something is broken.
EDIT: So it’s a multiplayer bug, is it triggered when playing the barbarian class or not ?
I don’t play MP so it’s hard to me to understand what could cause this.

@okami29 It’s a multiplayer bug that affects non-host players:

1. basic attacks and weapon skills always hit several times
  2. many skills do not activate on the host leading to desync (cannot kill monsters because they’re still full life on the host, etc.)

It happens regardless of class. You can see it even on level 1 characters hitting the scarecrow.

It’s definitely something in barbarian… possibly “records/skills/playerclassbarbarian/leap_mod_cast_earthquake.dbr” because that appears to be added to all characters.

EDIT: I just tried setting “skillLevel24,0,” in “_classtree_classbarbarian.dbr” and that fixes it (but maybe breaks that leap earthquake?)

Not sure if this is 100% the cause.

Since you are digging through the source you can check “zenithclass06” and see two “universal” skills and a skill mod that innately have 1 point allocated for all characters regardless of whether that class is chosen or not.

Perhaps because the earthquake has an autocasted trigger it causes the desync.

If this were due to Zenith, it should not have affected the D3 mod itself. Saerus however wrote “Rebuilding without those records resolves the issue. I’ve tested this with both the Diablo 3 mod alone and with Grimarillion.”

No harm trying anyway I guess…

The 3 zenith skills are still being added and do not cause the issue. Specifically, these are:

1. records/skills/zenithuniversal/dualwield_melee.dbr
  2. records/skills/zenithuniversal/dualwield_ranged.dbr
  3. records/skills/zenithclass06/dualclass/necro_tk_mod.dbr

EDIT: My guess would be that the issue is something along the lines of leap_mod_cast_earthquake trying to trigger a skill that has no points in it.

Guys, for D3 necro - the ‘dark reaping’ passive of ‘grim scythe’ gives bonus damage %, and says ‘affects all skills’. A noob question as this is an outsider class - does this affect the minions? They are a ‘‘skill’’ of mine.
Thanks!

ok so it’s easy to fix.
However if I do this I will have to rework the Might of the Earth set as it won’t work anymore.
I could add fire dot damage to leap with increase radius and a chance to cast a mini earthquake on any attack (with a cooldown).It won’t be the same gameplay but at least it won’t trigger this bug in MP ?

It’s a shame this auto trigger causes the desync.However I don’t see why basic attack would always hit several times.

@Saerus I would like you to test this file if possible :
I changed leap_mod_cast_earthquake.dbr with :
skilltier : 3
skillmasterylevelrequired : 1

previously those were set at 0PlayerClassBarbarian.zip (870.0 KB)
Maybe this way only barbarian class would be affected with the skill, and the bug may disappear ?

Hello guys. I installed The New version, but only the basic chars i see. I have all dlc. v72 installed only, correctly. I need other mod? Help please

Make sure to rename folder to “grimarillion”

I dont forget…

You spelled it wrong :grinning:

LOL…Ty :sweat_smile:

@ASYLUM101

It turns out that it’s a bigger issue than I had thought.

Any passive (or possibly skill?) with a “chance on attack Celestial Power” seems to cause the issue. The barbarian passive was a global source of this, but wasn’t the root cause.

I have confirmed this issue using the following mods:

1. grimarillion (with adjusted barbarian)
  2. gdreborn
  3. apocalypse

…in the following network setups:

1. internet game with clients on the same local network
  2. internet game with clients from different locations
  3. LAN game (via hamachi)