[REL] Grimarillion

hey, i just want to report bug …
skill from Nature Mastery, the ranger girl … that nymph something, it seems not working … when i summon her, she just tanking the mob without doing anything … isnt she suppose to shot with her bow ?

Yea she is, I don’t know why it isn’t working still…

Hi.

I am pretty sure that i do smething really wrong.

I downloaded the y-version and put the files extractet in the mod folder of the game. (removed the version part aswell).

When I start the game i select the custom map of the mod.

But it seems that nothing “new” exists when i’m playing the game.
No new classes to choose at level 2.

Did i miss something?

Thanks.

When using a compression tool, an extra folder may be created on extraction. You shouldn’t have to rename any mod folders. Open the folder that was created after extraction, it may have a version stamp and you should find another folder plainly labeled as Grimarillion. This folder goes to your mods location.

It’s a mistake if “Grimarillion_y0.2.9” was renamed to “Grimarillion”, or “Grimarilliony” to “Grimarillion”.
Since it’s Y version that you downloaded, you have to put “Grimarilliony” of the compressed file into mods folder. That is, it must be as follows.

• Steam/steamapps/common/Grim Dawn/mods/grimarilliony/database
  • Steam/steamapps/common/Grim Dawn/mods/grimarilliony/resources

and sorry, maybe it sound stupid, but do you play it on custom map or main campaign ?

to make sure its work, when the game start, the quest should be ex y_name quest or z_name quest or something like that …

Report of the comments sent to JpWiki :

For the moment, the results of a questionnaire are v20, z10, and y1. It shows that many people like the regular difficulty.

The following are the comments about each mastery. (Those who are playing Grim Qquest by the stand-alone are enjoying themselves. And I also know that ASYLUM101 will try to maintain original as much as possible. These are the comments in Grimarillion to the last.)

Grim Qquest relation:

• Since the power of the skill of GQ is weak to the whole, I want them to be readjusted more strongly.
  • Each aura of the Dream is only exclusion skill, and since the skills which can be used at the beginning of a game are weak, it’s hard to use.
  • The pets of Nature are too weak.
  • The pets of Spirit are also too weak for making a living in Grimarillion. It’s too weak as skill which Ternion Attack also uses in Grimarillion.
  • Since the combination of the Defense and the Storm is not so strong as the name of Paladin, it is disappointing.

Zenith relation :

• Although the Autofire of the Outrider has wonderful appearance, it is the skill which will stop if a target dies, and is hard to use because cooldown is long.
    [li]Although rifle systems are cold/acid/vitality damage, the epic and legendary weapons are sorry about that there is only Wrathbringer of a Vitality damage. [/li]-----------------
  • The Champion is very good for surviving the severe world of Grimarillion.
  • The shield skill of the Outrider is wonderful.
  • The combination of Hunting & Outrider is quite good.

@Matougi

First of all, thanks as usual for bringing the feedback back here.

Please remind your community that Grimmest is supposed to make the game harder, if all masteries were to just buff themselves to handle Grimmest, it sort of defeats the point. I realize that certain concessions have to made with respect to AoE and early skills to make Grimmest playable, but mastery mods are made for vanilla and should be balanced for that. Grimmest should represent a challenge and not all class combos should be able to breeze through the content.

Yes, they know that each MOD is based on vanilla. And they understand that Grimarillion/Grimmest is the MOD which enjoying a challenge. There are also many players which like Grimarillionz for such reasons.

However, is it necessary to make it the same as vanilla at all? About compilation MOD like Grimarillion and DAIL, I consider that it is more interesting to use balance different from vanilla. I mean it as the color (individual characters) of the MOD. IOW, the different balance which suited each mod world.

Anyway, there are many opinions that the balance of Zenith mastaries and GQ mastaries are pretty bad about Grimarillion world for the moment.

If you increase the difficulty of mobs and then increase the power of masteries, you are back to square one… I don’t think you should balance classes differently just because you increase the game difficulty. If you do that, why even bother increasing difficulty in the first place

I’m having this exact same problem – and before people suggest otherwise, I have the folders named and organized correctly (\Grim Dawn\mods\grimarilliony\database\grimarilliony.arz, etc). The -y version of 2.9 does not appear to actually work.

The default version works fine, but I grabbed -y because I don’t find it enjoyable to fight 8 heroes (with 3 copies of the exact same unique superboss) all at the same time as a brand new level 15 character.

I don’t want to say that mastery should be strengthened simply. It is balance adjustment that I would like to say. I have expressed the comment of the users that Zenith and GQ have a difference in ease of use too much.

When I introduced Grimarillion by Jp-Wiki, it was welcomed as very interesting MOD. But almost all users tell about Zenith mastery. I think that the mastery of GQ also has much charm. So, I proposed to users to try the masteries of GQ. And their comments are the above-mentioned things.

Many people say that a difference is too large at Zenith and GQ. And although various mastery is in Grimarillion, many people choose only Zenith. I think that this is in a regrettable situation.

We’ll see if that remains the case in the next release of Zenith, which features a big balancing pass on the existing masteries. Sounds much less like GQ’s fault and more like mine.

Thank you to consider. But, I hope it should not just mean large nerfed Zenith. Many players dislike the weakening of the skills very much.
And for now, Zenith is the dependable Savior in the severe world of Grimarillion(z). If the mainstay is lost, many people will grieve.

People usually do not like balancing when it includes nerfing something they use, that does not mean it should not be done :wink:

ino the TQ masteries should be balanced to be comparable to the GD ones. Not sure if that is true for the Zenith ones as well though, as they are intended for their own mod, not simply as stand-alone masteries.
I wish they would also be similar in balance simply because right now they are stand-alone however.

The goal for balance of the GQ masteries is precisely that. I have been going patch by patch, weighing all GQ skills against GD ones trying to get them on an even playing field. I have ZERO plans to make special modifications for Grimmest, whats in GQ will be in Grimmest/Grimarillion, no special treatment. If it happens that it works well or that it would just be better to have slightly more AOE (see skills like shield charge which used to only hit one target on the base compared to blitz for example) then so be it - the plan is to make the more enjoyable and overall playable in GD.

This is primarily because many of the skills in Zenith scale up in effectiveness as the number of enemies increases. I playtest the Zenith skills in non-grimmest on Elite and Ultimate to get a feel for how they would otherwise ordinarily feel, but Zenith masteries are inherently stronger in Grimmest simply because there’s more stuff everywhere.

oh, now I can rebalance my masteries in peace.

Guys, come on…I cannot believe this went unnoticed for so long, but I just see now as I was modifying the OP that v0.3.0 is not posted there. It has been out for awhile. Check the OP if you need to update.

852 new items coming in v031…

Oh, boy… awesome

“Last edited by jiaco; Tomorrow at 11:34 PM.” Nice try, McFly