[REL] Grimarillion

As far as I can recall, Grimarilion and Grimarillion-z differ by the single string tag for “Active Quests (v029)” vs “Active Quests (z029)”. Grimarillion-y has (y029) in that tag and some additional resources for scripts in Grimmest removed. Does that answer your question?

Thank you for answering. I received the questions whether exchange of the resources are unnecessary from our people.
I’ll write to JpWiki that there is no necessity for exchange.

The goal with version -v (regular) and -z is that you can start a toon in -v and then switch to -z once it starts to get too easy. But there are potentially players that would start in -z mode, so I release it in full. I would just release the arz too but I hesitate to put out 2 databases with the same name that are not exactly the same due to potential confusion for end users. I prefer to let the user’s ability to understand and manipulate files be a pre-requisite for such activity.

In any case, I have zero feedback on Grimmer (nor Grimmer+Grimmest) modes at the moment. But I expect them to need major tweaking eventually.

There are users who are pleased with Z among us.
But, I think that V is suitable to me.

ok so I dloaded all 3 and put them in there respective folders under gimdawn/mods and just tried a char I made from Grim quest and used her in the V version as well as the z version and the chars will swap back and forth so far you just get new transfer stash you get to keep your personal stash and played her up to the hanging tree where your 1st major so to speak spawns and back again and it all worked fine hope this helps or answers some questions about what can and can’t be done with version29z just down load all 3 and put them in there place where they normally go you should have 3 grimarillion folders then as well 3 versions in game to choose from as I said so far I can use chars created in GQ as well Corn and Zenith and go back and forth:p

Hello,

I am a french player and when i start game in french with Grimallion i have “Tag no found” for all Items, class and skill. i can do translation for you if you give me a text in english.

I zipped and attached current glob of text files for Grimarillion.

Thanks, i start it immediately.

You might just post in the French thread to make sure this is not redundant?

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10906

I really do not follow translations enough, just today I have a French friend that starts to play and I realized I do not even know how to tell him to set GD in French, is the vanilla game from Steam automatically getting all the available translations?

Localization is not performed automatically. It’s the way of downloading and choosing language by the option of the main menu in the game (both Steam and GOG).

Now, I’m conducting the questionnaire survey about favorite difficulty. Currently, it seems that almost no players who like “y” version are in our community. Although there are still few votes, please see this “Which is your favorite difficulty?” on our Wiki, if interested.

The next comment were written about Grimarillion(z) in the Wiki.

• In the scene whose number of enemies increases, since many processing omissions arise, it is hard to play. I desire development to strengthen rather than increasing the number of enemies. (PC status : Mem 16GB, core i7-6700, GTX-1060)

EDIT: The objection that it was more pleasant for many enemies to appear just after the above-mentioned opinion also came out. For the moment, there is no agreement about this point of argument.

I want those who are going to translate the MODs to read THIS first. Localization is impossible even if it adds the text translated into Text_EN.arc of the MOD.
The translator should know that all translations will be performed only by a localisation file.

New Grimarillion v0.3.0, which merely contains the Grim Quest 1.4.3 hot fix.

https://mega.nz/#!xARxnZ7R!jmacRGjaS2bSrO852qRhO-wCcNxKwWBQDJpOy6HpT5E

Should work, dropping here for now, will update OP after some testing time has passed.

Not going to have any time to test and tune Grimmer. I might just scale it back for early stuff and dial it back a little across the board. Or just go back to the old -Y, not sure yet.

WHAT IS Y AND WHAT IS X? BOY AND GIRL??? Your OP doesn’t say what is X and Y means.

NEW: v0.2.9 versions. Grimmer is a new test modification of a set of records that should control global monster stats vs player stats challenge increase without a huge excess of spawns. The goal was to have 2 version, Grimmer and Grimmest. But I have seen evidence that Grimmest is not enough. I just do not know what to name the version that is “Grimmer + Grimmest”, but that is what it is. So, the why version is now Grimmer. The default v version is Grimarillion (original flavor) and the z version is “Grimmer + Grimmest” a combination of the global modifiers plus the increase in spawns. I have released them all with different names (Grimarilliony stays, Grimarillion stays (without any v) and the hardest version is named Grimarillionz). But I suspect that z is mainly for leveled toons and so if you want to pop in between Grimarillion and Grimarillionz, all you really need is the database. You can rename and move mods/Grimarillionz/database/grimarillionz.arz to mods/Grimarillion/database/grimarillion.arz if you want to “toggle” the z setting. Just be sure to back up your other arz as well as your toons (never know with mods).

It actually does.

There is no X, and yes, the OP does explain it

Probably he is a geneticist, so he think if Grimarillion has Y (female), Grimarillion should has X (male). Aside from it, it’s written on the bottom of OP what “WHy” is. This note will be easy to be overlooked since it’s in the distance.

• Slightly-tested version, less Grim, no -est. Just -y.

Y is a version for those who want to play Grimarillion with ordinary difficulty (see #59,61,72).

OK brand new to Grim Dawn, if I run with this Mod will I be able to run the full campaign or is this designed for post campaign?

TIA

IL

You can play the campaign with this mod, but I feel like you should experience the game modless at least once if you haven’t already

Hello !

This and many other Mods are great, but there all are only for english, is there a forum or comunity that make translations for mods ? like German,French,… ?

Thanks for some Info´s !

There are a couple active translators, Matougi and FOE are the two I can think of but I’m sure there are more