[REL] Grimarillion

XP Rate seems about the same imo… i haven’t played since v29 but I’m usually ~level 12-15 by shambler, 20-25 by warden, 35-40 by homestead. Seems just right to me.

Awesome news! Looking forward to trying out the new mastery and all the new items coming soon! Great job guys.

oh, I see… well, after I’m done modding I’ll give a second chance to it

Absolutely insane and cool mod, any plans on adding some unique bonuses to original masteries like skill cooldown reduction in riftstalker or life leech in necrotic? :slight_smile:

Probably not. That would be on Cornucopia to implement and as one of its devs I see no reason to do so. Cornucopia’s intent is to rebalance the game to open up more build possibilities, not to needlessly throw stats everywhere for the sake of throwing stats everywhere.

Oh, ok, ty for answering)
BTW, any news on those 830+ new items?) Really want to see them)

Hi jiaco. im playing this mod over 100h. its really fun, ty for making.
I want to tell u my impressions. Let me tell you this first. English isn’t my language , so maybe this posting is gonna be hard to read.
I think mastery/xp rating/difficulty/etc don’t have any problem. but, i feel strange only blue print spawn rate.
I got many legendary weapon(and sets) cuz this mod is being made to farm easily. On the other hand, there ware few relic blue prints(i think i have about 40% of all relic blue prints). As u know relics need relics to craft. So, in fact i can hardly use relic.
Could u decrease legendary Equipment spawn rate and increase blue print spawn rate?
Anyway I want to love about this.
ty for reading.

Multi-quote just to say that the items are coming as soon as they are ready. Lots of concurrent projects are mucking about in loot tables atm. This will have to be tested, either internally or with an experimental release, but I hesitate in pushing anything out that will lead to people finding items that then get removed from the mod. @Occuloltist: too much loot table modding atm to consider anything like you suggest. I suspect you just had a rough session. Afaik, nothing in the mod should make blueprints drop less than vanilla.

Hi adoomgod, ASYLUM101, Ceno, Elfe and jiaco,

Is it ok that i share the Grimarillion mod on my site too?

i got it. I am looking forward to your next big update;)

Testing new mastery (necrotic) - very strong, maybe even too much because that imbalance damage absorb from Defender of Death is ruining everything, especially compared to other masteries, you can just yolo first difficulty with only this buff, even without resists :rolleyes:

Yeah at first glance defender of death looked obscenely powerful but I didn’t play with it to test

damage absorption must be percentage, reaper’s glare all energy in one sec :confused: (250/s) better reduce damage and mana cost of this

edit: reaper’s glare doesn’t work with staffs

Yep, starting to be unkillable from 5lvl is too OP:undecided:

And with spears)
I think Reaper’s glare have high mana cost because its tier 1 aether ray analogue and have more useful upgrades with zero mana cost - Bonds of Broken and Reign of Chaos
About Defender of Death absorb - maybe devs should nerf its value by half or just make % absorb like Maiven Sphere, dunno :eek:

We have no ability to enable ray type skills for spear and staff at this time, for some reason the animation slot doesn’t exist

Yes, just with the usual disclaimer to check the forums for the latest release.

Thanks

Oh, alright)
Looking forward for tons of new items :slight_smile:

I’ve got some feedback here with regard to Theurgist.

The one flaw I see is that the Theurgist, a caster class, doesn’t have any spammable damage-dealing skill, which makes it a bit odd to play as a caster. Both base caster classes in GD have a spammable nuke (DEE, Panetti); the theurgist is basically pigeonholed into either an aurabot or a ternionbot. While I understand that Life Drain was folded into Visions of Death, it does make Theurgist a bit difficult to play as a regular caster without going into Ternion and hoping all three missiles hit.

Second…what are other people using as an offsoul for Spirit?

A Theurgist is the Spirit mastery only. For one, Spirit is not a caster mastery, it is neutral and can just as well be for a meleer (at least it was in TQ, not sure what GQ added). For another, pick your second mastery properly to fill your caster gaps if you want to go the caster route.

…No, no it wasn’t.

If I recall correctly, Spirit’s link with melee dps was due to how well it synergized with Dream in IT. Spirit tied with Storm for the highest base Intelligence and had the third highest energy bonus, its primary nuke, Life Drain, scaled off Intelligence, and its exclusive weapon skill, Ternion, affected an Intelligence-based weapon.

It’s a pure caster mastery that just happened to synergize well with Dream. With a 2:1 Int:Dex ratio (the same as Storm), low hp, and a lack of any non-ranged, non-Intelligence based weapon skill, and its primary abilities scaling off Intelligence, it’s far from neutral.