[REL] Grimarillion

or Warfare or the other melee masteries (Defense the least tho, because it too misses good damage)…

Spirit tied with Storm for the highest base Intelligence and had the third highest energy bonus, its primary nuke, Life Drain, scaled off Intelligence, and its exclusive weapon skill, Ternion, affected an Intelligence-based weapon.

Life Drain is no nuke at all, by act 2 in Normal it was too underpowered. What Ternion is for staffs, the aura is for meleers.

Spirit was a support mastery that could go either way, same as Nature.

Personally I never really viewed Spirit as caster class. To say that no one used Life Drain would be an understatement, pretty sure that skill never scaled well enough to be of any value. The removal of it is really not a detriment to any class combinations. With staves, Ternion is your ‘caster’ option, as it staves deal magic damage and thus scale with spirit. Back in vanilla, those were the only two options you had as a caster. Deathchill Aura and the Liche’s debuff, were excellent additions to ANY build. A staff/ternion user with deathchill could make good use of lifesteal or vitality damage (%HP reduction).

A melee fighter with warfare or defense could also take advantage of those great debuffs as well, it’s not like they were completely exempt from using Spirit. Death chill provides a slow in its radius, allowing you to survive that much longer. Being a melee aura, it’s that much more potent for melee fighters. It’s leech debuff lets fighters leech from even resistant enemies.

Dark covenant is another all around great tool, providing speed, energy regen and damage to everything in its radius, which I’m pretty sure includes pets.

You can also go Riftstalker+Spirit for 3 attack auras (multitask from riftstalker is just every 22sec recastable damage aura triggered by Deathchill and/or Sap damage) :wink:
OR you can choose Riftstalker+Necrotic and wipe all content pretty much easily via Detach+Sap+Multitask+Reaper’s Glare+Defender of Death+Unadelturated Power until you meet 3 Loxmere’s Nightmares)

PS: Question to devs - are you planning to slow down factions progress? Because you got Reverred status too fast on first difficulty without any farm, just by going up the way to Loghorrean.

Don’t know if its been said or its even something on my end but i cant get battle rage to proc on the warfare class, tried multiple weapons and hitting/being hit. Again, could be something on my end.

Battle rage definitely works

Is it me or does this mod have serious balance issues? I’ve gone through all the numbers of the new classes and they all have multiple skills which are significantly stronger than similar vanilla skills.
In fact, basically all the skills of the new classes seem to be overly strong. For example, the Necrotic class can have hundreds of retaliation damage with just a few points, and use Reaper’s Glare to obliterate any hero mob. Taking damage? Level up Defender of Death and be immune to white trash, while the rest does significantly less damage. And you get a massive life leech and attack damage to life bonus just for raising your mastery?

Is the mid-end game made significantly stronger, or are these new classes simply overpowered?

Thanks! It is ready:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/grim-dawn-grimarillion-compilation-mod/

Can you add me too to the first post as an alternative download?

Feedback for Ceno in the zenith thread. Short answer, the zenith classes are balanced towards end game content being developed by Ceno.

Given that I’ve had literally 0 time to even look into balancing the Necrotic since its release a couple days ago, there’s a sizable chance Necrotic may well be overpowered.

Having said that, many masteries in Zenith get stronger as there are more enemies (Champion, Riftstalker, and Necrotic in particular fall into this area); thusly, Grimmest makes the masteries very powerful. As the design of Zenith is planned to be vastly different from the design of Grimmest, I don’t intend to change that property of the masteries.

If you have any specific ‘serious’ balance issues about my masteries, I’d appreciate reading your feedback in the Zenith thread.

Thanks for the fast reply. Quick question:

As far as I understand from the changelogs, the current implementation of Grimmest inside Grimarillion is not harder than the stand alone Grimmest mod?

I have been using Grimmest for months and don’t feel the vanilla classes need a boost in power (just a minor tweak here or there) to handle it. Ergo my surprise at the ‘kill everything in 1 hit whilst being invulnerable’-strength of the new classes ;).

Jiaco would have to speak about the current implementation of Grimmest; I don’t know which is which anymore…

In the above quote, are you referring to the Cornucopia-modified classes or the Grim Quest/Zenith classes? The modifications Cornucopia has made should not be so over the top.

The vanilla classes with their buffs seem fine, number wise; the Zenith classes are in a different league though. When I downloaded this modpack I was under the impression it was a coherent collection of classes which are all on the same power progression and with equivalent utility-per-point values. Guess I was wrong. No harm done.

Dropping v032 here. Hardly tested at all.

https://mega.nz/#!YYY3SB6L!GNxKieoIoOqNabgOSQZtnbhsz6UsiwHLsYlMk6kzCJo

Quick notes on what this is:

1. GQ v144 minus some devotion support for rupture and ternoin that Asylum made but I was unable to merge for this release.
  2. Zenith v05B
  3. fixed missing animation used by Grenadier Shoulders
  4. added somewhere between 1 and less than 800 new Epic and Legendary items, exactly like the old items, but with GQ or ZE relevance.

Since I have no idea if #4 is working at all, I suggest that the first one to find one, make a new thread and then everybody can share screens of the new loot as they find them.

Loving Necrotic so far, but unable to use chaos laser skill with GQ staff. It doesn’t say require dagger or offhand or whatever.

For the nth time beam skills don’t work with staves or spears ATM because of an animation issue with the engine

so they have + to GQ / ZE skills or masteries instead of GD ones ?

Is that something you did or is it also in the respective stand-alone mods ? Given that ZE plans to redo all loot, I assume Ceno did not do this for his mod…

Jiaco autogenerated a bunch of items (which are essentially copies of the vanilla epics/legendaries) and then ASYLUM and I each respectively set up the +skills on them. You’re right that this isn’t going to be in Zenith, though having come up with the +skills myself, I think some of the new items may serve the Zenith masteries better than they do the vanilla masteries.

Of course, because things were autogenerated and we only touched +skills, not the actual stats of the items, some items included may be lackluster. We’d love to see your guys’ thoughts on the new items, though, and hope you enjoy them regardless. :slight_smile:

Just noticed, that there’re no changes from cornucopia 0.3.2 in Grimarillion. For example:
Vengeful Wraith: Added 0/0/10% vitality to cold conversion
Spellwoven Threads: Removed % Bonuses to Elemental DoT Damage, replaced with 1/1/2/3% Energy Cost Reduction and 1/2/3/5% Spirit. Cast Speed halved. Flat Spirit increased by 2.5/rank, for 25 Spirit at 4/4.
Is it intended or i’m missing something?

Meaning before v032, Grimarillion did have these changes?

Not sure without looking, but I had to revert to a source backup before today’s merge as I had been working on stuff that was not ready, I guess it is possible that I grabbed a backup too early, if v031 had corn 032 changes…maybe I reverted to v030 or something on accident.

I reverted back to grimarillion 0.3.0 and 0.3.1 and same issue, components dont have changes from Cornucopia…
UPD: Checked devotion and skill changes from Cornucopia - everything is alright and present in Grimarillion (checked in 0.3.2).
UPD 2: Augment changes from Cornucopia present in Grimarillion (checked in 0.3.2) as well.