[REL] Grimarillion

If that is the ninth time, that issue could have been solved already. It was what, a year or so ago when you create GQ then balance each class to suit GD then take forever to finally make spears and staffs. Now you are telling me it doesn’t work with laser skills? I feel bad for those Arcanists, man.

Nth, not ninth. To my understanding the animation “issue” is that the animations for channeling with spears/staffs just plain don’t exist, which means they have to be created. I don’t see you offering to do so? Not everyone, including most of the GD modders, have any knowledge of texture art/3d modelling/model animations. Why do you think most of them have reused assets? That shit is hard and takes a specific skillset.

It’s not the animations, it’s the animation slots. As modders we have no access to what doesn’t exist, if there are no slots for masteries or animations, so be it. We just wait for Crate to fix it.

If I ctrl+F to find any ‘channel’ type animation slots, this is what shows up.

Notice how there are no spears or staves…? Yeah. That’s the problem we are facing and there is nothing we can do. If it was as simple as copy and pasting an animation that shit would have been done in before Grimarillion was even conceived.

I mean I’m not sure how you misconstrued my post to mean that I am too lazy or something, I most clearly said it was an issue with the game engine.

The spear/staff anm categories dont even have a slot to input animations even if they did exist.

Edit: never mind, asylum beat me to it.

Some people like to think they know better than the person doing the actual work.

Story of Grim Dawn’s development.

What would happen if you declared the staffs 2h ranged ? Will they be held all wrong as the char tries to use them as rifles ?

Yup, among other things. Staves are not 2h ranged, they are a separate entity in the engine, which is why we have to set specific qualifiers for them on components and skills.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.[/QUOTE]

Fixed it again. I have gotten the same thing from IT, landscaping, modding, etc… it’s the same thing everywhere, not just game dev. The customer always thinks they know best…

For various reasons, a new version will be made as soon as I can, 10-12 hrs from now.

Warning, I inadvertently forgot to include crafting bonuses as a part of the new items added to Grimarillion, so hold off on crafting any new blueprints you find, the item you can make in v032 will not exist in v033.

Hope v033 will fix that non-updated materia to be like in cornucopia :slight_smile:

v033 is up!

Added in GrimQuest modifications to devotions.
Restored Cornucopia changes to components.
Finished the rest of what was needed for new items, namely relics can now get completion bonuses for GQ masteries and skills.

Unless something gets reported in next 24 hours, this will be the last update until 1.0.0.7 hits.

I’ll get it up nexus in a few hours.

Thanks Kath. Mega took it finally.
https://mega.nz/#!0A4DSDiJ!OMY9wBCLcKDS79W39X2He446zqgiTTzr6O1Y3KG6fy0

Finally, thx=):slight_smile:

hi jiaco. i played v033.
Some devotions that i checked were removed to vanilla. is this design? For example, Now Bysmiel’s Command summon 1 minion (it was able to summon 2 minion in v032 ). Now Cleansing Waters of ulo don’t have any damage(it had cold damage in v032).
I suppose these were change of Cornucopia. But now they are removing for “GrimQuest modifications to devotions” ?

I was told the records I was given were GrimQuest modifications of Cornucopia modified records. Sounds like that is not correct…whoops. No not intentional. I will look into it, thanks.

Just a quick question - any hope we can get stasher v5 into Grimarillion?:slight_smile:

We looked at it before releasing the initial version of Grimarillion to the public but decided it’d be too much work to get it to function properly. Assets and what not. So we left it out.

We may slap it in at some point in the future, so yes, it’s a possibility, but it’s not really something we have a plan on doing. I’d say you have like a 20% chance of seeing it in the mod.