[REL] Grimmer and Grimmest

At least you remember some things. My memory was purged or my subconscious built a wall to hide the trauma.

Any progress? Really wanting to use this to play.

Don’t expect it to be out quickly, its been only 12 days when AoM were released. I suppose we should wait at least 2-3 weeks before any updates.

This is not clear to me. I have AoM installed. Will this mod still work with the xpack installed ? Is it compatible with it ? Will it work only with the vanilla areas/items ?

Could someone clarify a bit ?

It only works on non-xpac content and even then, not guaranteed.

Just a heads up. I finally got over my inertia problem, have made a lot of progress for xpac, just a collection of loot and vendor tables to handle still for autopickup before I release something. Then I will have to spend more time with the proxies, for now they have all just been increased in very rough ways, might prove interesting I dunno. More polished things will be possible once the bulk of this update process is done.

Uploaded GrimmestAOM_v0.1 to mega

https://mega.nz/#!4EZRCbYQ!yUwIAc8CX8-PONFgsGtQ2mi3fXKUmSG-lyA8nxh81TU

Should be xpac-compatible. The AOM string is only in the outer folder, so you should be able to drag and drop replace your old Grimmest with the inner Grimmest folder and existing toons should work. But back them up. There might be a general issue with existing mod-toons not getting 50 devotion points with the xpac.

Anyway, I think I tracked down all the things I needed for Autopickup(PeopleAreLazy) but if not, I would love to see bug reports on things not getting picked up or vendors selling bad items. As for the AOM proxies, I just increased spawns at each one in a very general way for now. I will start trying to make the more personalized encounters as we have in the base game next. Main goal with this early release is to see if autopickup is actually working 100% and if there are other issues that I am not even looking out for.

I will upload source once I have something better to release, right now this is just to get back in the swing of things and see what works and what does not.

Wow super fast gonna try it out and let you know if I find any issues :smiley:

Thanks for update. Can I suggest, given the difficulty, a version with 4-5 mastery points/level, and maybe 2-3 for shrines?

Dunno if it where just me being stupid but it has to be the grimmest folder that you put in the mods folder and not GrimmestAOM_v0.1

other than that it seems to work I did find something in act1 bacon when hovering over it said tag not found: tagPotionEnergyFood but it still works though.

Aether Crystals are finicky with autopickup (sometimes fine, sometimes doesn’t matter how much I walk over the one crystal, I have to click it). Also I had a bunch of Aetherial heroes spawn with “Monster has no name” appended onto the end of their name after killing an Aetherial boss. Otherwise, pretty damn smooth.

I’m new to mods, so if these are known issues, sorry. Either way, thanks for a really fun take on GD (though it might be less fun if I wasn’t levelling as Word of Pain).

Coming Soon:

Due to changes in an upcoming update to Grim Dawn, the XP gain will be cut to a quarter of the defaults in the near-ish future.

What is this referring to?

I dont know if this comment has always been there because I havent played GD a lot recently, but is there some sort of change coming to xp in grim dawn that didnt come with the xpac?

So just a heads up since i started trying the newest version of this enemies are dropping a purple item called “Bacon” stating “Tag not found: tagPotionEnergyFood” and doesn’t appear in your inventory.

Ah I found out bacon was added since I last played with the mod.

Really old note in the OP. But reminds me that I messed up and forgot to divide XP in half, as it should be. I will get a fix out for this and the below bacon tag issue. Bacon is like food but gives you both health and mana. I guess I missed a text file with that tag.

Thanks for feedback. “no name” is just to not have the same name. The crystals seem to hang in the air in some spots and you are unable to trigger the pickup. I have seen this, but there is nothing I can really do on my end for it.

I really hate 2 pts / level after level 50, but Grimmest is not the mod for such changes. It is open source and trivial to download, add those changes, and then build, if you so desire.

My first time with this mod at Gloomwald
This is insane!! :eek:

Yeah I tried for days to get that drb editor to work and add shrines to your mod but no avail, only error messages :frowning:

I am dying to add at least the potion from “better levels” mod, available to merchant for 150k and giving one devotion point, while devotion cap passes to 200. Thats because Grimmest several bosses are literally impossible on ultimate (because they are 3 of each in very closed area) so having more devotions helps immensely.

Well i really enjoy xmax mod in TQ to farm good greens, so i decide to install this mod. Problem is my saves not work, i can create new hero, but cant use my campaing mains. I do evrythink in youtube video with linking plus i disable cloud saves. Mod still create new characters in main steam saves in userdata. So i try to link my hero saves there, still custom map not work.

I i have AOM and i use newest version most above. Thanks for help.

mod character are meant to be separated from your main campaign gameplay and vice versa. Thats how it work:)

If you have a toon in main game, and you symlink to the user folder, it should work. I have done this many times. If it used to work and now no longer works (like after a recent post-xpac patch), let me know and I will try it out and see.

Ok it works now, after repair game and start again evrythink works, looks like i had probem with cloud saves.

Well i start game with my importet main lvl 98 character and when i start custom game, i cant see any changes, spawn is same or even less. I go run to hills, smuglers then broken hills. Less Heroes and even less monsters. I choose lvl ultimate.