[REL] Open Grim Dawn Project

Schermafbeelding 2022-11-11 162307
Comes with custom music and ambient music in some areas of the game.
For testing and feedback here is a test version OGP v1.0:

This is the Open Grim Dawn Project made from the Grim Dawn Plus Project(same requirements).
If you find a problem or bugs post here and let me know for helping out the project and further development.

TODO:
Work on and improve balance of the game with each difficulty + Devotion points balancing.
Show all teleporters on the map.
Improve environment terrains.
Improve flora and fauna.
Fix seams in the terrains.
Fix enemies stuck in buildings.
Fix floating objects.
Fix map boundaries.
Fix level environment weather.
Fix level music.
Add extra buildings/props.
Add extra enemies.
Add extra npcs.
Add small settlements/villages.
Improve cult presence overall.
Adjust level lightning.
Look if it’s possible to bring the maps from Grim Dawn Plus into this Project.

Changelog:
Fixed impassable area in Rotting Croplands.

FOR TESTERS:
Quests and quest objectives needs to be tested if it’s working same as the original game, with all areas working.

Fix for impassable areas(Gets new update everytime impassable areas is found) Currently 4 fixes:

1 Like

OK, let me download and try.

No description or list of changes? I don’t know where to start. :cold_face:

I don’t think it is necessary to change all GD contents, just add the modified items to GDX2 or make a custom game to achieve the goal.

Re upload: map repair+UI merging
OGP v1 for Custom Games.7z 490.1MB

It took some time to refine it into a custom game, removing all the content that is duplicate with the original game. The advantage of this is that it can not change the original game, but also fully display the Mod content, so as to have the best of both worlds. At the same time, the compressed file is greatly reduced.

Usage:
Extract the two folders shown in the figure to the GD root directory, start the game and select “Custom Game” → OGP v1

Preview:

This area is impassable.

The crack cannot enter.

Yes the changelog will come soon, and also the plans for the future of this project, thank you for showing me the custom game method ( i personally avoided this way because it didnt work as i wanted)but if you care a lot for space you can always use this custom game. Thank you for showing me the difference in file size as well its a big difference but we have to see if all still works the same i think like online etc.

Will check the impassable area today and try fix, thank you for the great help so far :slight_smile:

No “AoM” and “FG” DLC skills?

You use the 500 mb file ? i think that’s why it doesnt work for you , i use 1,8 gigs and no problems.

No, I have tested both 500M and 1.8G, and the results are the same.

Well, probably because I didn’t install this:

something else you use might be interfering then with it because i cannot replicate it.

hmm could be yes…

I didn’t install anything else in the 1.8G version.

Sure enough, it was normal after installation. :wink:

here is the fix for the impassable area.

Install to GDX2 folder resources.

Thank you for your quick fix.

In addition, “My Documents - UI\UI” in the compressed package works the same as "Grim Dawn\Settings\UI ".

That is interesting… so we could put the UI and run it from the ''settings" in base game folder.

Your welcome.

Edit:

here’s another impassable area, fixing it.

OGP v1 for Custom Games.7z has been uploaded again: map repair+UI merging