Repairing building/dedicated way to repair

hi all first off love the game but this repair function you guys have is well terrible, i put all my villagers to lab/buil and waited 30 mins all the buildings still became abandoned please fix this as its terribly frustrating to see builders/labourers wandering and you cant direct them to a urgent repair

thanks guys

your loyal FF Fan

1 Like

If houses are abandoned (they’ll have a spider’s web icon) it’s because they no longer meet the requirements which made them upgrade. Maybe you moved an undesirable building nearby or they no longer have access to enough food types or something like that? I imagine if they were not getting repaired they would end up destroyed rather than abandoned. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood but hopefully this helps.

yes they no longer meet the requirements as the buildings more often than not are the school`s, hospitals etc when they become condemned they longer provide a source of desirability, after that its a domino effect where the houses become abandoned due to the low desirability then because of the amount of repair/rebuilding work other building also become un-repairable before being condemned, what im suggesting is make dedicated branch much like the labourer and builder, have a repair/engineer option to add workforce to once educated in schools this would give schools a purpose and function, also the player would directly effect and control the repair and rebuild function of the buildings

1 Like

The repair system is fully automated as long as you maintain sufficient builders and materials for maintenance.

If your buildings are becoming condemned, your town does not have enough of one or both of those things.

Also, there is a Repair Priority button in the building window, which becomes active once a building’s structural integrity is dangerously low and you want to prioritize its restoration. But, again, you need the resources for repairs to actually be done.

i had the resources (planks, bricks, gold and stone) i made sure i had enough bought them off the traders took all villagers off jobs and put them on labourers and builders and had no luck getting any building repaired so i dont see how thats possible if your explaination is correct, besides that how many builders is it per priority repair in the building management window ( yes i clicked the green hammer in the building window) because as mentioned before the repair option is very vague and confusing

1 Like

I have never had an issue getting buildings repaired in any of my games 400+ hours. Is it possible your house had bad pathing to it? Where they couldn’t get to the house for some reason? If you laborer pool is in the red they probably won’t be able to get to the repairs fast enough

Or not enough builders?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.