Request for improvement of lv90 Augments (rings / amulets) without OA or DA

Basically, the highest priority for augments in this slot is the stack of OA or DA. Those without it are not used. Consider adding at least 50 OA or DA.
If you do not want to add OA or DA, consider improving it, including other useful bonuses (resistance, block chance / recovery,% damage, etc.).

List of Augmet without OA or DA

• Ateph’s Command
    This is the best on this list. This may not require OA or DA. My Bleed Warder uses this Augments in one place, and OA / DA exceeds 3k (3.3k at proc time).
    This is worth it if you already have enough OA / DA. Otherwise it is not chosen.

• Ateph’s Will
    I don’t do pet builds, so I don’t know about this. DA may be good, but I don’t know if I need it.

• Basilisk’s Bite
    Useless trash for Vit builds. I do not say that Stun Resistance and %damage is bad, but it is not enough to throw away OA / DA.
    I would use Irrah’s Blood or Wraith’s Scream instead of this.

• Basilisk’s Gaze
    Damage and Armor are good. But only 3% Armor Absorption? Do you throw away OA or DA for that? No. Armor Absorption requires at least 8% (same amount as component).
    I would use Irrah’s Venomtongue and Rotgut Venom instead of this. Chaos has Osyr’s Temper.

• Heart of Ugdenbog
    Similar to Ateph’s Command, but this is not good. Health and Shield Damage Blocked are not wasted, but not enough to lose OA and DA. +% Health is weaker than +% resistance, and if there is no shield, Shield Damage Blocked is wasted.
    Consider adding a small amount of OA or DA. Or% damage like Ateph’s Command.

• Irrah’s Patience
    Who will use this? Too powerless.

• Osyr’s Fortitude
    As far as I know, this is the only build that used it.
    I don’t know who else uses this augment. And I don’t think it’s worth using this augment.
    Rather than that, I try to gain stability and speed by accumulating OA, DA and resistance.
    my RDatA Retal build already has enough retaliation, but OA and DA may run short. So I use Osyr´s Temper.

• Witch’s Black Flame
    Do you throw OA / DA away for 50% damage, 350 health and 8% stun resistance?
    No. Both Fire and Chaos builds use other Augments that contain OA or DA.

Finally:
Strong enemies will reduce hundreds of OA / DA with one skill. So I aim for OA / DA over 3k. (Including own buff debuff)
For that purpose, the presence or absence of OA and DA in the jewelry slot augment is very important. thank you for reading it until the very end!

While we at it could we make the old augments abit more competitive? The new ones offer much better bonuses, and vendors like the homestead faction are nearly entirely obsolete as a result.

They still need same amount of rep yet they dont offer anything as interesting as the expansion factions.

1 Like

Would be too much. Osyr´s Temper is used very often and has 55/50 (and nothing really else, if you are not playing a chaos build). And: I saw builds here which use other augments, mainly damage ones.

I use 2 of 3 for Damage, 1 for OA/DA.

So, if you are a how much of the numerical value do you think it’s an appropriate amount?
Or do you think you don’t need a buff itself?

BTW, I don’t want both OADA like Osyr´s Temper. Either one. Many Augmets now have 70DA or 2% OA or DA. If either OA or DA, 50 is not too much.

If the English text of the OP is wrong, we apologize. I comment using google translation.
For clarity, I added a list of Augmets for buffs to the OP.

50 is a lot because of other sources of Percentage OA/DA. To be effective (percentage), you have to a good “base amount” in flat OA/DA.

For example:
I changed my good ol´ Survivor´s Ingenuity (2% OA/DA) in amulet to Osysr´s Temper–>16 more OA/8 more DA. I just keep Survivor´s Ingenuity because of the +20 % to all damage and my already good OA/DA.

I really can´t say an exact number. I agree with sephelutius, that older augments should be improved.

For example, Arcanum Dust and Irrah’s Blood come with 70DA. Of course, there are other statistics. There are several other 70DA Augments. Are they OP?

You are talking about an Augment that includes both OA and DA in one Augments.
Again, my claim is to add either OA or DA. If i ask for both OA and DA, it’s definitely too much.

I hope the appropriateness and amount of addition will be judged correctly.
I don’t know about buffing old augments. Since they are Lv50 or Lv70, the performance is determined by whether the amount is appropriate for the Lv band.

I rarely use the term “OP” because that´s the devs job to decide. :wink:

I fully understand that. But things like Survivor´s Ingenuity (and other´s with percentage OA/DA) exist. They raise globally so when you add OA or DA on an augment, it will be buffed by the other augment.

Edit:
Oh, saw the picture. I use 2 Ateph´s Commands and giving them OA/DA…yes, I would call it OP. Stun resistance, Armor %, flat bleeding…they are very good right now.

Is that so, I was relieved not a sentence that I wrong. xD

Yup. It is especially strong in the list. On the other hand, Basilisk’s Bite and Irrah’s Patience are not competitive.
I am using Ateph’s Command in a Bleed build. (I used only one place to keep OA / DA / resistance balance)
Any updated 70DA or 75OA Augments that are not on the OP list are also strong. I requested them based on them.

I am undecided on Basilisk´s Bite. Imho Health doesn´t get enough credit anymore and I don´t know other options for Vitality Builds (Stun Resistance is okay).

I agree with Irrah´s Patience; though Armor is great, double Health is unnecessary and Reduced Petrify Duration? Perhaps something like OA/DA (for %-Health) and Slow Resistance (for Petrify Resistance) would make it a more attractive augment.

Added comments about each Augments.

Re: Rotgut Venom…It’s almost 100% more advantageous to use Arcanum dust for the %elemental resist. Thus Rotgut is also an underdog.

But what about adding some big regeneration numbers to some of these underdogs? By big I mean the realm of 50hp/s or +100% regen increase. It might add to variety where you can find enough OA/DA and want to work with caster regen/kite or possibly retal tank regen.

Yeah. I agree. I only saw damage attributes and DA.
Irrah’s Venomtongue has similar statistics. I don’t know how many people use these in hybrid pet builds.
At least, I’ve never seen a strong hybrid build, and I don’t want to do it because non-specialized pets die quickly before hitting a skill. (I’ve tried a hybrid with a Summon Blight Fiend. He died before hitting Rotting Fumes.)

I can’t mention the right amount, but I think it would be nice to add another mod that is useful in the end game. Flat /% regeneration, AS / CS, physical resistance, etc.

I don’t have any comments about specific Augments right now but I don’t think every one of them should give OA/DA. As with some of the other suggestions that would homogenize the game too much for my taste.
I’d rather see them having their existing bonuses improved or changed so you have more choices to fill specific needs.

Even if you only use one of them to cap out your stun res or something like that (since it’s hard to use 2-3 jewelry augments that give no OA/DA) it would be nice if that option existed.

I agree. As you say, it is not a bad thing to have something without OA / DA for diversity.
The problem is that the bonus is not attractive enough to lose OA / DA.
So I would like to change the title and content a little.

If that petrify res was stun or slow res then maybe I’d consider… not using it with less prejudice.

I actually committed Heart of Ugdenbog on my first Octavius. I still wake up at nights trembling with shame. Steelbloom Powder all day long if you don’t need res or energy. All. Phys. Builds. Need. O. A.

This should have block chance/recovery to ever be considered by S&B over oa/da and res and, goddamn, it doesn’t even have %dmg…

I think even with flat damage Witch’s Black would never contend with Osyr’s Temper.

If I had to pick one I don’t necessarily agree with it’s this one. However, if I were to dust off my old pre-FG pet builds I don’t think I’d get rid of Mog’s Blessing for this anywhere…

It might get Dust nerfed, watch out! :wink: If you don’t need ele res 3xRotgut still got 45%dmg more. It’s not nothing.

Personally, I don’t care about the type of CC resistance. However, 8% is a little unattractive for me. If it’s 16%, I’m probably using it in one place.

I fully agree.

I realized that the OP wording was a little wrong. Corrected.

I remember that my old knowledge was that it was hard to earn a pet’s bleeding resistance, but has it changed now?
If it has not changed, it will be in demand as a defensive one. But I don’t do pet builds, so I don’t really know.

Papa Sigatrev said once bleed res isn’t that important. But yeah, Wolverine and then long nothing, iirc. I’d say this augment is mostly for summoners who wanna tank up.

Thanks for teaching me.:smiley:

well kuba is a thing and anything lower than 50% makes him immortal while your pet stand in his pool…