[Ressource] GrimLoot - Collection of loot VFX and SFX

Dang, I figured you’d just about achieved perfection and then you go and do this lol

Very much appreciated and if I have any constructive criticism, I’ll let ya know :wink:

1 Like

I am an analphabet when it comes to pfx files, how easy would it be to make a dark red (kinda like chaos damage) color version of the legendary loot beam ?

It should be fairly simple, just download the source and recolor the particles, maybe change the textures used (some textures don’t work well with certain colors).

GrimLoot Sound Effects v1.1 GrimLoot_sfx_v1.1.zip (1.3 MB)

• Removed the “whosh-spinning” sound at the beginning of each drop sound
  • Reworked all drop sounds
  • Added a new drop sound (you can now find an additional folder with a sound pool consiting of 5 alternate drop sounds to switch out to your liking)

Drop Sound Preview:

EDIT: Typo, clarification

1 Like

How can I make the sound of things falling out louder? On the desktop, the melody sounds much louder than in the game. And in the game the sounds of the environment drown out the melody

As far as I can see Grim Internals is setting a sound volume for the triggered sound effects. You can ether use the grim internals sound effects or you can use your own (if named correctly and stored at the right destination, as described in the Grim Internals FAQ).

If you want to use your own drop sounds you should set following in the GrimInternals.ini :

DroppedLegendarySfxNotification=True
DroppedDoubleRareSfxNotification=True
UseDroppedLegendaryOldSfx=True
DroppedLegendarySfxVolume=3.000

Try to increase the volume setting if the sounds appears to low in volume. Let me know if this works for you, since I don’t have Grim Internals set up to check if this works out.

1 Like

I use my own tune. It plays correctly, but quietly
Changed everything as You wrote, but the volume doesn’t change
DroppedLegendarySfxVolume=3.000 tried changing the numeric value, the volume remains the same
I tried to change it in different ways, nothing affects the volume

When I change the “audio” “effects” in the game, the sound becomes louder. But the other sounds of effects also become louder and during the battle the sound of falling things is not heard

Since I don’t know how your audio file looks like, its hard to tell if your audio file might be the issue. You can try my sound files and see if they play loud enough. If that is the case its most likely your audio file which will need some enhanced mastering (e.g. some compression). There are several great tutorials on free software like audiacity which explain how to gain some loudness without causing your audio to clip.

1 Like

I tried your sound. The volume is the same, quiet(

Also, you wrote “UseDroppedLegendaryOldSfx=True”
But if you write it like this, the sound doesn’t work at all. If “UseDroppedLegendaryOldSfx=False”, it works

I have double checked it, I got it wrong: UseDroppedLegendaryOldSfx is refering to the old drop sounds which where included in Grim Internals.

Then this volume issue must lay in the grim internals/ game audio settings. As far as I can see it appears that the DroppedLegendarySfxVolume might only affecting the old drop sounds which where included in grim internals and not the ones which you can add by your own.

I have checked the sound level of the double rare drop sound I have provided for grim itnernals a few months ago and it seemed fine for me back then.

Edit: is this issue only persistent when using own sounds or also when using the grim internals vanilla sounds?

1 Like

Looks like you’re right. Changed to UseDroppedLegendaryOldSfx=True, other did not change anything and internals vanilla sounds sound very loud

The streamer Safarel sent me his audio file yesterday. It sounds loud on his streams. I tried it. Quiet again. I have no idea what’s going on :frowning_face:

Since its oviously not a general issue try reinstalling grim internals (deleting the settings file) and reinstall grim dawn or verify installation files. Remove all modifications you might have applied to the game. Try it completely from scratch again. If the problem persists you would be best of to describe the occuring problem as precise as possible in the grim internals thread.

But make sure you try to get everything on your side resolved before calling for help. Write down the steps you have taken so that its very easy to reproduce your issue.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try it. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I tried using my own files. I have a set from my POE days. They are wav format but they won’t play, or they sound like Alvin and the chipmunks. They play just fine in media players. What’s the secret to getting them to work (they were named correctly) ? Volume is not an issue

Hard to tell without investigating the actual wave files. For me this sounds like an actual issue with the .wav file itself where some parameters of the wav format, like the samping rate, can not be read correctly or simply differ from common standart parameters. This might cause them to be played at a different speed and appear high pitched.

Note that I can only give you some general advice on how I would approach the issue, due to the fact that I haven’t even implemented my own audio files or use grim internals:

• Get yourself any DAW (digital audio workstation), audiacity is free and should do it
  • Import the audio and check the properties of the format. It should be 44.1 kHz, 16 bit.
  • See if it plays in the DAW correctly
  • Bounce (export) the audio file from the DAW with those settings mentioned above (.wav/ 44.1 kHz, 16bit)

Then try it again and see if that fixes the issue.

I’ll run it through audiacity and see what I get. Thanks for the tip !

GrimLoot Sound Effects v1.2 GrimLoot_sfx_v1.2.zip (1.2 MB)

• Added 3 new drop sounds leading to a total of 6
  • Reworked old drop sounds and removed very similar sounding variants (they can still be downloaded as older version in the download section)

GrimLoot Visual Effects v2.0

• New lootbeams for epic and legendary (I merged my new GrimFX lootbeams to GrimLoot)
  • Added a new double rare version which can be used with grim internals (the legendary loot beam in green)
  • Older version is included in a VersionB folder which can be used to combine them as you like with the new ones

GrimLoot_vfx_v2.0.zip (27.6 KB)

4 Likes

Thank you love this mod :slight_smile: