Returning player - physical forcewave Warlord?

Hi guys,

it turned out my ooold saved games loaded when I reinstalled the game so I have a little resources available after all :smiley:

I am gonna go with physical forcewave then as suggested here for a returning player; can u please say what exactly I shall take from the oath keeper?

2H or sword & board?

can you please link a grim calc for lower levels too? with devotions?

BTW, shall I choose physical forvewave for the warlord?

cheers!

here you go friend [1.1.8.0] Budget physical Forcewave Warlord

example of end-game build [1.1.8.1] No-set Physical Forcewave Death Knight -> CR 4:50/ 170ex naked 6:55/ SR 105/ Ravager 2:20 + Mogdrogen 2:35 + Crate boss/ 75-76 farmer

btw you already asked here, no need spamming Returning Player -physical forcewave good for a 1st toon?

1 Like

Thank you!

I did not mean to spam.

Cheers!

1 Like

@Jacko sorry I linked to wrong end-game build I meant this one [1.1.6.0] Physical Forcewave Warlord sr100/75-76 easy farm/celestials

:slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, finally got the the time to get to it! thank you!

1 Like

Hi guys, this is me at clvl 43, still in veteran, damn it , it’s hard sometimes :wink:

Do you think Internal Trauma is mandatory? I have been switching on and off and I do not notice any big difference. Maybe these points are better spent in Military Conditioning or Decorated Soldier?

And the resistance reduction from Oathkeeper - it requires so many points to reach it while in Occultist there is Aura of Frailty at the very beginning of the tree, looks better as it has big movement speed debuff…both Guardian of Emyrion and Frailty have the same RR.

cheers!

Better to link your actual character via grimtools build calc

To upload your character to https://www.grimtools.com/calc/ click the ‘up arrow’ button in the upper-lefthand corner. If you have cloud saves enabled (enabled by default) your save file will be in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata########\219990\remote\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Otherwise it will be in \My Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Then click on the icon below the arrow and copy the link shown to paste here.

And Internal Trauma is the DoT of Physical damage.

1 Like

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe533QZ

damn it, can’t delete the one above :frowning:

Regarding Trauma, it seems soo weak :frowning:

You dont need resistance reduction until later. I have done 1-100 with pure FW soldiers 3 times.

Just follow cyotes guide, it contains details and answers to probably all your questions.

1 Like

Internal Trauma increases the damage over time - so you will not see an instant result, but there is damage.

It is like @Ulvar1 said, and remember: You already have RR via devotions - and you can soon get another bit via war cry. The RR from the second mastery is not that important at this level.

But perhaps you slowly should think about getting some Adcth. Should help a bit. And if you are lucky you will soon find an Obsidian War Cleaver which could come with a rather large damage boost.

1 Like

@ Ulvar1 - Hats off :smiley: pure soldier…FW all maxed?

@The_Coyote - I will be farming soon, but for the time being my 2-hander is not all that bad :wink: btw, informative and thorough guide, appreciated!

Can you please take a look at the link and maybe just say if its going in the right direction gear - wise?

following the guide!

cheers!

yepp - better than my weapon at level 40 :wink: - but the +4 to two forcewave nodes and now with 1.1.9. +70% weapon damage, it is worth the change.

In general, your gear seems good for the level, only some parts slowly became old (low armor levels, e.g. see your pants - which covers the legs where 20% of all hits will land)

1 Like

yup

You can also ask the questions in coyote guide thread, in case more ppl have same questions they can read there.

Restless remains you should consider crafting, and some devotion nodes you can grab like toad, ghoul, tip of the scales etc.

1 Like

OK, thank you for the insights!